A loss against the Vikings will reshape the entire AFC landscape and playoff picture

FilthyBeast

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

The Bills have won 2 out of the last 3 games at Arrowhead and you can argue they were a few bad calls from winning the last 3 games

Big difference between winning an October regular season game versus in the playoffs.  

Very simple..........McD is 0-4 on the road in the playoffs and undefeated at home.

That's why you want home field.........they've regularly made more mistakes on the road and the mistakes they have made have gotten magnified on the road.

Those 3 games you are talking about aren't nearly of equal import either, obviously...........the SB era Bills dominated the NFC during the regular season.......their only losses in 16 non-conference matchups were a couple meaningless seasonal finale games..........and that included memorable road wins versus outstanding teams SF, Dallas and New Orleans.

Of course there is also the fact that Mahomes is 3-2 career versus Allen........KC won the first two matchups.    

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yep post bucs game we were 7-6

I said this before. Looking at the schedule when it came out, I wouldn't be thinking we'd be at 6-2 especially opening with the Rams and Titans,  so I'm just grateful for where we are.

I have faith in Dorsey to adapt to our current situation.  Frazier not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Weren't we 7-6 at some point last year?

Chiefs had a 3-4 record and still ended up hosting the AFC championship game last year.

Home field in the playoffs is waaay overrated. Most Super Bowl teams won it all as low seeded wild card teams.

So if Bills losing four in a row I"m still confident they'll be a playoff team. If Allen is healthy in the playoffs, they have a shot to win it all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m more concerned about the overall slump this team is in that past 2 games instead of any particular player. No one is playing really well except Diggs. There’s not one easy fix, every unit including special teams needs to snap out of it. #1 is the turnovers which have recently been 100% Josh. We are the worst in the league, you can’t go far at all playing that sloppy. Dorsey has me concerned, the league has caught up to what he wants to do, how’s he going to adjust? This goes hand in hand with Josh playing long ball all game, not seeing the field well and not taking the short stuff. I have confidence JA will turn it around when he comes back. I’m not so confident Dorsey will be able to adjust and get us a respectable running game. The injuries absolutely have had a major impact, but we’ve had 2 winnable games that we didn’t pull out. I’d feel better if we played well and just lost a tough one but I really feel we are playing like crap on both sides of the ball. I do have confidence McD can get these guys focused and go on a run, just have to hope Keenum can hold the fort for a couple weeks.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m more concerned about the overall slump this team is in that past 2 games instead of any particular player. No one is playing really well except Diggs. There’s not one easy fix, every unit including special teams needs to snap out of it. #1 is the turnovers which have recently been 100% Josh. We are the worst in the league, you can’t go far at all playing that sloppy. Dorsey has me concerned, the league has caught up to what he wants to do, how’s he going to adjust? This goes hand in hand with Josh playing long ball all game, not seeing the field well and not taking the short stuff. I have confidence JA will turn it around when he comes back. I’m not so confident Dorsey will be able to adjust and get us a respectable running game. The injuries absolutely have had a major impact, but we’ve had 2 winnable games that we didn’t pull out. I’d feel better if we played well and just lost a tough one but I really feel we are playing like crap on both sides of the ball. I do have confidence McD can get these guys focused and go on a run, just have to hope Keenum can hold the fort for a couple weeks.

Thank you for what I think is the proper perspective.

When I posted this last week was hoping that it was a longshot scenario, but my gut feeling has been telling me that this team played their meaningless SB again in KC ever since the 2nd half of the Packers game when things have started to unravel.

And if that's the case it's going to cost this team dearly down the stretch because unlike last year there's not a bunch of bad teams to bail McDermott and Allen out.

Buckle up because it may very well be a dismal holiday season if this team has truly been owned and exposed as frauds.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

When I posted this last week was hoping that it was a longshot scenario, but my gut feeling has been telling me that this team played their meaningless SB again in KC ever since the 2nd half of the Packers game when things have started to unravel.

And if that's the case it's going to cost this team dearly down the stretch because unlike last year there's not a bunch of bad teams to bail McDermott and Allen out.

Buckle up because it may very well be a dismal holiday season if this team has truly been owned and exposed as frauds.

Shamelessly advancing your own thread.

"If this team has truly been owned and exposed as frauds".  I dont see a lot of people claiming the Bills have been "exposed as frauds" but that is the narrative you want to advance i guess,  Typical.

59 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Shamelessly advancing your own thread.

"If this team has truly been owned and exposed as frauds".  I dont see a lot of people claiming the Bills have been "exposed as frauds" but that is the narrative you want to advance i guess,  Typical.

Ah, right now the Bills look like frauds.  Again, we went from being the toast of the league to a team that looks like one of like 15 teams in the NFL middle class.  They're certainly capable of big wins, as long as the game isn't close, but don't have the consistency to be considered a reliable contender.   gameday coaching is suspect, to put it charitably, and the injury list just keeps growing.   Is anyone still talking about the Bills as a top 10 team?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Ah, right now the Bills look like frauds.  Again, we went from being the toast of the league to a team that looks like one of like 15 teams in the NFL middle class.  They're certainly capable of big wins, as long as the game isn't close, but don't have the consistency to be considered a reliable contender.   gameday coaching is suspect, to put it charitably, and the injury list just keeps growing.   Is anyone still talking about the Bills as a top 10 team?

They do not look like frauds…they look like a team that is shooting itself in the foot trying to close out games for sure though.  It took pretty much act of god level type stuff for a good team to come back and beat us there. That Jefferson catch on 4th down and the fumbled snap were both insanely unlikely

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.