GDT Thread! It’s here - ELECTION “SEASON” 2022 will conclude in 2023

Have we stopped even caring that we still don't know the complete results of the 2022 elections?

I don't see updates on the front page anymore. The inconclusiveness is old news, I guess.

It's the new normal: inconclusive results. That seems awfully discordant with the denouncement of "election denial" we've heard for the last 2 years.

We should be seeing clear, competent counting of all the votes and straightforward reporting of unquestionable results.

I had to do my own search to see just how unresolved things are at the moment:

Screen%20Shot%202022-11-21%20at%208.09.5

Isn't that the position we've been stuck on for about a week?

The election was 13 days ago.

It does not inspire confidence!

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/11/have-we-stopped-even-caring-that-we.html

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

The 1776 election seems like a very poor example of a "secure" election but I appreciate you recognizing similarities.

Florida (with 4 electoral votes), Louisiana (with 8), and South Carolina (with 7) reported returns that favored Tilden, but the elections in each state were marked by electoral fraud and threats of violence against Republican voters. The most extreme case was in South Carolina, where an impossible 101 percent of all eligible voters in the state had their votes counted,[20] and an estimated 150 Black Republicans were murdered.[21] One of the points of contention revolved around the design of ballots. At the time, parties would print ballots or "tickets" to enable voters to support them in the open ballots. To aid illiterate voters, the parties would print symbols on the tickets, and in this election, many Democratic ballots were printed with the Republican symbol of Abraham Lincoln on them.[22] The Republican-dominated state electoral commissions subsequently rejected enough Democratic votes to award their electoral votes to Hayes.

The top item is the only problem but other than that all true.  

I’d add libs exposed as full blow fascist tyrants.  

This is all good news for Democracy.  Democracy is saved.  Saving democracy brick by brick.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Imagine if Biden said in a speech:

“I don’t know if you know, but vampires are some cool people, are they not? But let me tell you something that I found out: a werewolf can kill a vampire. Did you know that? I never knew that.

“So, I don’t want to be a vampire any more. I want to be a werewolf.”

With all our right wing friends thinking Biden has dementia and wouldn’t vote for him, I’m sure they wouldn’t vote for Walker with his CTE issues.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/17/herschel-walker-republican-georgia-werewolf-vampire

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Imagine if there was some context to your post.

Walker rambling on about a movie he saw.  Silly ? of course.

He is NOT a professional politician and that is a reason that many support him.

and the comparison to Joe's frequent flubs and wandering around til his handlers get him.

Yeah, same thing.  😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Imagine if there was some context to your post.

Walker rambling on about a movie he saw.  Silly ? of course.

He is NOT a professional politician and that is a reason that many support him.

and the comparison to Joe's frequent flubs and wandering around til his handlers get him.

Yeah, same thing.  😂

Ahhh so you’re saying the post was deceptive- purposely misleading by omission?