We're still top seed in the AFC

The Red King

26 minutes ago, Einstein said:

And either Tennessee or KC will get another loss tonight.

Who should we root for? That’s an interesting thread topic.

I will always root for a KC loss as long as Mahomes is their QB. Titans are more likely to squander a game further down the line with Tannehill at QB.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll feel a lot better about us going on a run to lock up the #1 seed if the following things happen, in order of importance:

1) Get Tre White back in the lineup. We cannot run the defense we want without our #1 CB on an island.

2) Sign OBJ. I don't care if we have to restructure contracts and sacrifice the future a bit. We need a true all around #2 WR. Get him here and ramp him up to hopefully be fully integrated into the offense by December.

3) Defense needs to get healthy. We're already undermanned without Hyde, losing Milano and Poyer and Rousseau is too much attrition to make up for when our offense has an off day.

4) Get Hines acclimated and start punishing defenses for backing off. We started doing this with Cook more today and it was working. Hines has elite speed so that brings another plus factor to that part of our offense.

If we aren't able to make some of those changes fast then the #1 seed, possibly even the division, will slip away from us.

Agree with all of this, EXCEPT a slight tweak at the end. This year, winning the AFC East and securing home field are 100 percent intertwined. If we win the division,  we will get the #1. If we don't, we are on the road for wild card weekend. Hence the frustration of today's result. The ENTIRE purpose of this year was to avoid going on the road in the playoffs. In order to do that, we have to win the East

14 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Probably because any one loss to any team at this point, including the NFC's 6-2 Vikings next week, puts us in 3rd place in our division? It's not that hard man. We have completely squandered any margin for error we had at this point

Wait so you are saying we will lose and NY and MIA won’t. Interesting with your hypotheticals. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Wait so you are saying we will lose and NY and MIA won’t. Interesting with your hypotheticals. 

We are the only team in the AFC East without a division victory. You can downplay it all you want, but because of this fact we are now in for a dogfight for the balance of the year. Whistle past it all you want, it is just the truth. The division numbers are not on our side. No division, no home field

Luckily 3 of the 4 remaining division games are at home.  

Never thought I’d be worried about the division, but here we are.  

As it stands though, if we figure ourselves out, we’ll roll through the division and hopefully keep the 1 seed, even if on tie-breakers. 

If we don’t, this team can lose to anyone and it really doesn’t matter.  

Defense has to figure out how to stop the run or we’ll have games where the clock dwindles and our Offense feels even more pressure to score. 

And if Josh Allen, Ken Dorsey and the passing game continues to look as JV and pathetic as it has these past six quarters … just pack it up.  

Thankfully, both of those issues are likely correctable … The run defense issues in the middle of the season are sadly a recurring theme year to year and Josh Allen is too good to continue this slump.  

Now, I will say … Dorsey and WR2 are causes for concern right now. 

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

We are the only team in the AFC East without a division victory. You can downplay it all you want, but because of this fact we are now in for a dogfight for the balance of the year. Whistle past it all you want, it is just the truth. The division numbers are not on our side. No division, no home field

Cool we have 0 division victories. 

that means what top of the AFCE. And top of the AFC

also have 4 division games left. 4-2 won’t be bad will it. So again want to tell me exactly HOW

being NO1 in AFCE and AFC is behind the 8 ball?  

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Cool we have 0 division victories. 

that means what top of the AFCE. And top of the AFC

also have 4 division games left. 4-2 won’t be bad will it. So again want to tell me exactly HOW

being NO1 in AFCE and AFC is behind the 8 ball?  

Look, we just agree to disagree. You apparently think that today's loss was not that impactful. I look at the history of our team and today's result and provided multiple valid reasons for my concern, but your counterargument is basically I believe in the Bills. 

I hope that you turn out to be right and I am not.

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

Doesn't do us a lot of good if we don't win the AFC East. And right now, we are very much behind the 8 ball starting 0-2.

Still ahead if we keep winning. 

Just now, Hebert19 said:

Still ahead if we keep winning. 

Dolphins almost lost x 2 to Chicago and Detroit.  

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

So the thread is just to put out a statement...and then no replies? 

As noted, this was posted b/c a lot of people were saying we lost home-field, and I wanted to set the record straight.  Now if I had shown any optimism/opinion, such as "Relax, we're still the #1 Seed" or such, then yes, I'm inviting comments about my optimism.  Like I said, this is a PSA.

People are really out there looking for any thread they can P&M on today, even if it's completely off-topic, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

As noted, this was posted b/c a lot of people were saying we lost home-field, and I wanted to set the record straight.  Now if I had shown any optimism/opinion, such as "Relax, we're still the #1 Seed" or such, then yes, I'm inviting comments about my optimism.  Like I said, this is a PSA.

People are really out there looking for any thread they can P&M on today, even if it's completely off-topic, aren't they?

It's just odd to create a thread that is not intended to have discussion in it.  You stated facts...and that is all you want the thread to be.  But if already did that in your first post, why have the thread?  Mayne just post it in the other threads.  Just seemed super LAMP-y.  No big deal.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

It's just odd to create a thread that is not intended to have discussion in it.  You stated facts...and that is all you want the thread to be.  But if already did that in your first post, why have the thread?  Mayne just post it in the other threads.  Just seemed super LAMP-y.  No big deal.

Discussion on it is fine.  A number of replies here directly mention our potential positioning.  I was referring to the ones that said nothing about playoff positioning, and just went on a rant about the team/loss.  Sorry, I should have been more specific, I just realized I've been wording it poorly.

36 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Look, we just agree to disagree. You apparently think that today's loss was not that impactful. I look at the history of our team and today's result and provided multiple valid reasons for my concern, but your counterargument is basically I believe in the Bills. 

I hope that you turn out to be right and I am not.

It isn’t that impactful. Seeing we are still tops in the AFC and AFCE. 

History doesn’t matter does it? You provided zero valid arguments on how Leading the AFCE and AFC puts you behind the 8 ball like you claim. 

1 hour ago, buffblue said:

Probably because any one loss to any team at this point, including the NFC's 6-2 Vikings next week, puts us in 3rd place in our division? It's not that hard man. We have completely squandered any margin for error we had at this point

The usual cliches apply, like "on any given Sunday."

It's the NFL, and upsets happen all the time. Wouldn't shock me if Cleveland or Minnesota came to town & beat the Bills (although I doubt it happens).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.