Spectrum TV streaming question

Xwnyer

I am looking into purchasing a summer home in WNY  and looking at spectrum for cable.  Does anyone know if the spectrum app will stream bills games if not in the local area when watching?   With so many of the games on national TV  year not sure a good test case but was wondering if anyone has tried streaming when traveling or out of town.

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

I am looking into purchasing a summer home in WNY  and looking at spectrum for cable.  Does anyone know if the spectrum app will stream bills games if not in the local area when watching?   With so many of the games on national TV  year not sure a good test case but was wondering if anyone has tried streaming when traveling or out of town.

It will not. You can possibly do it from a mobile device if you change your settings to developer and alt your GPS to WNY

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The spectrum app only streams local channels within the wifi.  When you are using the app without the wifi attached to the address, you get around 50 channels, not the local ones.

…and this is only if you have Spectrum wifi at home.  I use T-Mobile and it treats that as being out of the area, so I don’t get the locals on TV’s that I am streaming on. 👎🏻

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

If you have two homes, may want instead to consider You Tube TV as can use in both locations.  I'm in that situation and that was why I went with it.  Get locals at both places and all the other national channels.

Beleive though the answer to your question is no you won't be able use Spectrum to watch Bills games when out of area.

But you could use Spectrum or You Tube and spoof your IP address so it thinks you're in Buffalo all the time.  That does work with You Tube.

It depends on if you have Spectrum service (TV & Internet).  If you have a Spectrum TV package and are streaming at the same home as your Spectrum Internet service then yes.  My Spectrum app at home plays the games (the app is basically a cable box you're not renting, it will show everything in your TV package), and at work I'll often watch sports shows from "watch.spectrum.net" (I log into my Spectrum account first) but when I log in I get the message, "Due to programming restrictions, some channels are unavailable. For full access, connect to your Spectrum Internet service."  When I go to the Guide at work I can still watch a lot of channels, including 2/4/6/7, but many channels aren't available away from home.

Edited by essential

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

…and this is only if you have Spectrum wifi at home.  I use T-Mobile and it treats that as being out of the area, so I don’t get the locals on TV’s that I am streaming on. 👎🏻

This drives me nuts esp when I travel - "You are not connected to Spectrum wi-fi so we won't give you any channels"  Even if I did have Spectrum wi-fi, I'd be watching my TV at home, not streaming - it's when I am away from home (and away from the precious Spectrum wi-fi) that I would use the stupid app regardless

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.