Amon-Ra St. Brown is in the concussion protocol but was cleared of having a concussion

Big Blitz

9 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

So he could’ve done a Tua, but, been actually OK to play.

Concussion protocol, a safeguard that will affect winning.

Someone was fired as a result of the Tia debacle 

The independent neurologist correct?

The rational assumption is that means he had a concussion - no?

Thats the difference.  Miami did something wrong

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Someone was fired on as a result of the Tia debacle 

…..um, OK, got it. 🤪

This new rule is horrible. Way too subjective. It's great to protect players from further injury but at some point it will cost a team a game. I can see Allen taking a hit and getting up slower than usual. The refs rule that they suspect a concussion and he's disqualified from the game with no chance of coming back when he doesn't even suffer a concussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So they took Amon-Ra out of the Dallas game 5 minutes in or whatever and he didn't have a concussion?  Or did they think he had a concussion and could not clear him until today?

That's my only issue... if there is a doctor that checks the player out and there are no signs of a concussion he should still be allowed to play in the game.

Some of you guys who are quick to say "yeah keep him out of the game as a precaution no matter what" will feel differently when Josh Allen takes a shot 5 minutes into the AFC Championship game vs KC, and some spotter says Nope, he can't come back (even if a Doctor in the Lockerroom says he finds no evidence of a concussion).

I don't think Tua's head injury should dictate the rules for the entire league.  That was an extreme situation. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So they took Amon-Ra out of the Dallas game 5 minutes in or whatever and he didn't have a concussion?  Or did they think he had a concussion and could not clear him until today?

That's my only issue... if there is a doctor that checks the player out and there are no signs of a concussion he should still be allowed to play in the game.

Some of you guys who are quick to say "yeah keep him out of the game as a precaution no matter what" will feel differently when Josh Allen takes a shot 5 minutes into the AFC Championship game vs KC, and some spotter says Nope, he can't come back (even if a Doctor in the Lockerroom says he finds no evidence of a concussion).

I don't think Tua's head injury should dictate the rules for the entire league.  That was an extreme situation. 

Exactly

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

They were discussing this on OBL this afternoon.  Tasker said it best that because of what happened with Tua that at some point, a team is going to lose a game because of the new rule and forcing a player out of a game.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Someone was fired as a result of the Tia debacle 

The UNC was fired by the NFLPA because he gave them attitude during their interview because they were questioning his motives.

The NFLPA and the NFL both came out and said by the agreed to protocol - everyone followed the protocol in place, but that the intent was missed since they believe Tua had a potential concussion.

Neither side has stated that anyone did anything wrong in the Bills/Miami game.  The UNC and the team doctor both stated he passed the concussion protocols to return.  The NFLPA contends because he stumbled the intent was that he should of been held out whether he passed or not and hence the new ill defined rules.

What we found out after the fact is even if yo are cleared in game from having a concussion - they will still test you during the following week in case symptoms or trauma appear later.  Hence Tua getting tested during the week between the Bills and Bengals.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

They were discussing this on OBL this afternoon.  Tasker said it best that because of what happened with Tua that at some point, a team is going to lose a game because of the new rule and forcing a player out of a game.

I think it already happened funnily enough to Miami the next week when Bridgewater was pulled after 1 series and was not allowed to return and they lost the game.  They said he passed protocol, but because he stumbled after the sack/safety - he was done.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.