(OT) Danica Patrick- qualified 4th for Indy 500

zow2

I guess she flew under the radar since i don't watch much auto racing but wow, the chick finishes as the 4th qualifier and she's fastest woman qualifier ever at Indy?! That's impressive. And no doubt she like to show off her sexuality since one search on google and this comes up...

http://pix.alronix.net/Photo_Scans/Fashion...ck/pic00047.htm

Article about her qualifying.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/irl/i...ualifying_x.htm

I caught that this morning. My interest in the IRL may just have been re-newed. It's especially nice to see a woman actually get into some competitive equipment. Could you imagine if she won? She could retire next year on the endorsement money.

I caught that this morning. My interest in the IRL may just have been re-newed. It's especially nice to see a woman actually get into some competitive equipment. Could you imagine if she won? She could retire next year on the endorsement money.

337320[/snapback]

Why should she waste her time racing cars for the money? She should just make the rounds and do spreads in Maxim, FHM and Stuff just like every other momentarily famous woman with breasts. I mean, really...once they decide to pose in bikinis and nighties, who who gives a fug what they do for a living or what they've accomplished.

breasts and ass, my friend. That's what it's all about. breasts and ass.

It's especially nice to see a woman actually get into some competitive equipment.

337320[/snapback]

i think there are a few fellas w/ some competitive equipment they'd like to get into her. :D

Why should she waste her time racing cars for the money? She should just make the rounds and do spreads in Maxim, FHM and Stuff just like every other momentarily famous woman with breasts. I mean, really...once they decide to pose in bikinis and nighties, who who gives a fug what they do for a living or what they've accomplished.

breasts and ass, my friend. That's what it's all about. breasts and ass.

337769[/snapback]

She's my little rock 'n' roll

The heat's raiding, the tracks is fading

Joints rocking could be anytime at all

But the B word keeps bitching

Snitcher keeps snitching

Dropping names and telephone numbers and all

The scars healing

But the dealers squealing

The pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Well the sense is sensing

That the juice keeps pumping and I know why

My breasts and ass with soul baby

You got to shock them, show them

Shock, shock, shock, oh my, my, my

Well the sense is sensing

That the juice keeps pumping and I know why

The B word keeps bitching

Snitcher keeps snitching

Dropping names and telephone numbers and all

My breasts and ass with soul baby

You got to shock them, show them

She got a feeling to know, baby

Ah, the little B word got soul

It's especially nice to see a woman actually get into some competitive equipment. Could you imagine if she won?

You really don't think the guys out on that track will let her win, do you? :D

337320[/snapback]

Even if she never wins she's already the Anna Kournikova of motorsports.

Even if she never wins she's already the Anna Kournikova of motorsports.

337970[/snapback]

Well said! Do not think she is as hot as Anna, but I think each sport out there is trying to find attractive women to market it.

i have been following motorsports for almost as long as i've followed the bills, and she is the closest thing to the real deal we've ever seen in a female driver. i've never been particualrly for or against them (one of the few autographs i own is janet guthrie's sig. on a nascar program from pocono in '79), but the one thing you can't deny is that most female drivers in big time motorsports have largely been crashes waiting to happen. i watched the IRL race from japan a couple weeks back, and that was not the impression i got of patrick.

also, one thing i really liked was when she got out of the car freaking PISSED at herself that she didn't get the pole. 4th was a really nice drive for a rookie but she was really pissed at herself for a tiny bobble on the first turn of the first lap that cost her a shot at the pole. i've coached women athletes who expected a lot of hemselves like that, and one thing i can say about them is that they always get fast- because they will not settle for anything less. i think this kid is the same way, and she actually has the equipment to back it up.

now we just have to see if she is strong enough to hold the car down for 200 laps...that is the problem with women racers, they basically aren't strong enough to resist the Gs for hour after hour in a 500 mile race. if she can do that, i will be impressed. good luck to her...she is definitely the kind of kid i would want on my team.

i have been following motorsports for almost as long as i've followed the bills, and she is the closest thing to the real deal we've ever seen in a female driver.  i've never been particualrly for or against them (one of the few autographs i own is janet guthrie's sig. on a nascar program from pocono in '79), but the one thing you can't deny is that most female drivers in big time motorsports have largely been crashes waiting to happen.  i watched the IRL race from japan a couple weeks back, and that was not the impression i got of patrick. 

also, one thing i really liked was when she got out of the car freaking PISSED at herself that she didn't get the pole.  4th was a really nice drive for a rookie but she was really pissed at herself for a tiny bobble on the first turn of the first lap that cost her a shot at the pole.  i've coached women athletes who expected a lot of hemselves like that, and one thing i can say about them is that they always get fast- because they will not settle for anything less.  i think this kid is the same way, and she actually has the equipment to back it up.

now we just have to see if she is strong enough to hold the car down for 200 laps...that is the problem with women racers, they basically aren't strong enough to resist the Gs for hour after hour in a 500 mile race.  if she can do that, i will be impressed.  good luck to her...she is definitely the kind of kid i would want on my team.

338118[/snapback]

I know next to nothing about motor sports, however I always wondered how important the driver is. In relation to the pit crew and the car itself how important is the driver and what skills are involved with being a good driver?

I know next to nothing about motor sports, however I always wondered how important the driver is. In relation to the pit crew and the car itself how important is the driver and what skills are involved with being a good driver?

338125[/snapback]

i've never raced, but i suspect it depends on the form of racing and the specs of the car. but the bottom line is that bigtime racing is the consummate team sport...there are SO many people involved in the production and racing of a major league (f-1, irl, nascar, world of outlaw sprinter, etc...)racecar, and anyone of them can screw things up for the entire operation if they don't do their job right....of course it is the driver who winds up looking bad. and yes some drivers are better than others, but it is pretty tough for people (including me) not closely involved with the teams to discern who the super talents are just from watching races on tv.

drivers have to have unbelievable nerves, reflexes, hand/eye, etc., but also a lot of stamina and concentration. i don't care if people want to call them athletes or not, but what they do is incredibly difficult. another huge factor, believe it or not, is experience in the car. boris said is a friend of mine, and when he drove in the nascar truck series he said the hardent thing was learining the characteristics of the truck and communicating them back to the team so they could make the right adjustments. drivers learn to do this with experience. he has gotten gradually better better at it over the years and was rewarded this season with a 13-race deal as teammate to joe nemecheck and scott riggs.

Apparently if you drive fast enough, your breasts fall off.

338753[/snapback]

good one!

actually it's the only way somebody can fit in those cars. boris wanted to be an open wheel racer, but he had to give it up once he graduated from formula fords because at 6'5", he could not fit in the cars. instead, in addition to nascar, he does this!

http://www.stg.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsrac.../printstory.jsp