JT O’Sullivan All-22 breakdown from Rams -Josh Allen is a Unicorn

CorkScrewHill

6 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

This deserve’s it’s own thread.  King’s comments about that drive where the Bills were very deep on the Rams end are spot on.  Definitely a “game within the game” observation that is outstanding.  

But his comment on the Josh's TD running over Bobby Wagner ("whomever") will really be a nail in Wagner's side.

9 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

*subscribed*

Excellent video breakdown of Josh's unique skill set by JT O'Sullivan, who had a cup of coffee or two in the league.

At the 9:22 mark (deep shot to Gabe Davis), on the all-22 view take note of how well Singletary does his 1/11...

GREAT job finding the pressure and saving Josh from taking a shot to the solar plexus upon releasing that one!

Go Bills!

Yeah he's a great follow on YouTube. 

You have to watch his review of the playoff game last year against the Patriots!!

• Like (+1) 1

This was an excellent breakdown. I really liked how he highlights one of their RPO plays. They show like they're going right and it freezes the DE on that side but the wrinkle they threw in is they pull Brown to the left and Josh went behind him. Seems like Dorsey has come up with some really creative stuff and it also looked a little more simplified out there. Didn't see as much pre-snap motion as Daboll would use. Just a really good mix and variety of plays and personnel. Rams didn't have much of an answer all night. They really are lucky Bills turned it over four times or they may have scored on every possession again. 

On 9/10/2022 at 8:49 AM, UKBillFan said:

The final play shown, the long touchdown to Diggs - Josh’s feet are not planted at point of release. He basically had very little support from his leg muscles; he was reliant on his arm and shoulder strength to get it that far.

I shouldn’t be shocked yet still am.

Amazing he slung it as well as he did.  If thrown right, he leads Diggs in for the a TD, and not shorting it before the goal line.  Great play though because they recognized previously they could get in on Ramsey.

23 hours ago, eball said:

Glad I watched that…it even made me feel better about Josh’s “bad” interception.  Not nearly the bad throw I thought it was seeing it live.  The throw was a touch behind but Crowder didn’t help him out either.  Good play by the DB.

Confusing play when I watched it, did not look right as to the WR and ball placement.  Flat out won’t happen again.  Crowder will continue across the field and Josh will definitely lead him better.  Bad throw on Josh thinking he could sling it in.

On 9/10/2022 at 7:05 AM, ArtVandalay said:

JT O'Sullivan... not Orlovsky.

Who thinks he’s Jordan Palmer with the way he was talking.

Pretty good breakdown.

Edited by davefan66

21 hours ago, Logic said:

Here's a hot take: I think Josh Allen is going to go down in NFL history as the most dangerous, unstoppable red zone QB of all time. I already think he's the best red zone rushing threat of all time from the quarterback position.

He's 33 rushing TDs away from being the Bills' all time leader. That means he's statistically more likely than not to end his career as the Bills' all time leader in touchdown rushes, ahead of two Hall of Fame running backs!! Just ridiculous.

If you're a defensive coordinator against Josh Allen in the red zone, what do you do? How do you defend him? You just kind of...CAN'T.

"Unicorn" is right. "Creature" is right. "One of one" is right. He's special.

That's a record I hope he doesn't break because we develop a running game where we can hand off to a proper back to take that abuse. Long term, it's not sustainable. It just isn't. I want 15 more years of Josh Allen, not 7.

• Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Http://Www.1manraidishung.com/notreally/accordingtohiswife :D

Why no "Peter" Pan?:cry:

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

That's a record I hope he doesn't break because we develop a running game where we can hand off to a proper back to take that abuse. Long term, it's not sustainable. It just isn't. I want 25 more years of Josh Allen, not 7.

FIFY

47 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

That's a record I hope he doesn't break because we develop a running game where we can hand off to a proper back to take that abuse. Long term, it's not sustainable. It just isn't. I want 15 more years of Josh Allen, not 7.

I think we have to come to the conclusion that Josh will not continue running only when he can’t continue running.  It’s part of what makes him so special.  There were only FOUR designed JA runs on Thursday night.  His other runs were scrambles.

They don’t want to beat him up, but his ability to make plays on the run is also what makes him so damn dangerous, particularly in the red zone.

I’ve stopped worrying about it.  Injuries will happen, and there’s nothing I can do about it.  I love watching JA play, and that includes his running.

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I think we have to come to the conclusion that Josh will not continue running only when he can’t continue running.  It’s part of what makes him so special.  There were only FOUR designed JA runs on Thursday night.  His other runs were scrambles.

They don’t want to beat him up, but his ability to make plays on the run is also what makes him so damn dangerous, particularly in the red zone.

I’ve stopped worrying about it.  Injuries will happen, and there’s nothing I can do about it.  I love watching JA play, and that includes his running.

Scrambles are one thing. Designed qb runs are another.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Right, hence my comment that only four of those were called Thursday night.

That number needs to become zero and my original comment was about him breaking that TD record. He won't score that many red zone running tds without designed qb runs. I'd much rather be able to reliably hand that ball off, get the TD and move on. You wanna roll out some Josh running in the Super Bowl go for it. Other than that thebacks  need to do their jobs

Edited by That's No Moon

12 minutes ago, eball said:

That's fine eball... you don't worry about it.

But answer honestly: when he's running and taking on tacklers and in the middle of a scrum aren't you holding your breath?

Just now, That's No Moon said:

That number needs to become zero and my original comment was about him breaking that TD record. He won't score that many red zone running tds without designed qb runs. I'd much rather be able to reliably hand that ball off, get the TD and move on

If that’s your expectation prepare to be disappointed.

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

That's fine eball... you don't worry about it.

But answer honestly: when he's running and taking on tacklers and in the middle of a scrum aren't you holding your breath?

Happy to answer.  First — JA is rarely “in the middle of a scrum.”  He’s downfield.  Second — when he is the aggressor I have very little fear of injury.  If we’re ranking my “concern” I’m much more worried about a fumble than an injury.

I’m not looking for Josh to have ten carries every game, but I think expecting fewer than five is folly.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Happy to answer.  First — JA is rarely “in the middle of a scrum.”  He’s downfield.  Second — when he is the aggressor I have very little fear of injury.  If we’re ranking my “concern” I’m much more worried about a fumble than an injury.

I’m not looking for Josh to have ten carries every game, but I think expecting fewer than five is folly.

I have no wish to debate you.

But you didn't answer my Yes/No question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.