Moulds, Henry & 2nd round pick for TO & Simon

marck

I know I am about to be flamed for this post but here goes anyways.

How does the collective wisdom on this site feel about the following trade:

Eric Moulds & Travis Henry along with the Bills 2nd round pick in 2006 for Terrell Owens and Cory Simon.

Before you all lose it and tell me what a cancer TO is and how Moulds restructured his contract to help out on the salary cap please consider these facts. Moulds has a huge 2006 cap number , will be 32 in July and has been injured a bit in the past few years.

Owens is going to be 32 in December and has an active 6 year contract at a manageable number, now he will need a new signing bonus which could be prorated to support the teams needs.

Henry for Simon works for both teams, it moves players that are FA's after the year and provides player talent at need positions for both. TH would be an excellent between the tackle runner for the Eagles allowing them to split out Westbrook a bit and use him more for 3rd down situations. Simon would be a perfect compliment to Adams in the run defense as he is a shoot the gap type of lineman which Adams is a two gap run stuffer.

The draft pick balances the equity of the trade.

Fire away folks, I'm ready to respond.

The suggestion of trading for T.O. is so ridiculous it's not worth a reply.

PTR

336025[/snapback]

Agreed. No one wants this guy anymore. The Eagles would jump at the deal, and I would jump off a bridge.

Moulds contract for 2005 is over 5 million and TO has a 2005 contract for 3.5 million. You could structure a two tiered bonus along with a 2006 restructure.

He is already under contract by the way and wants a new contract and signing bonus as he did receive 9.5 million from the Eagles last year. He could be signed and if happy would make JP transition as starting QB much easier, and also factor in what his presence would do for Lee Evans and how it could really open up the Bills offense.

This is doable.

How the hell do you plan on signing TO?

336022[/snapback]

Let's just say the financials of this deal were somehow workable...which they are most likely not since both TO and Corey Simon want to be paid..and the Eagles and Bills would both absorb significant dead money cap hits from accelerated signing bonuses...let's look at some other factors..

1) Would you really want TO on the same team as a young QB who has to grow into the position? TO is hard on vets (Garcia and McNabb)--he would be all over JP.

2) TO wants a larger media market--he wants his own sitcom or CSI- Terrell or even Desperate Wideouts after his playing days are over--its a long step to there from Buffalo..

We can play fantasy football all we want--but let's get a 2006 pick for Travis, add that to the comp picks we will have for Jennings and Williams and have a good draft to stock up before we start to lose some of the aging vets to Free Agency.

Owens is a cancer, whether you tell us we can mention this fact or not.

Moulds has been a solid leader for 7 years, has done everything in his power to help the team in both his contract and his play and kept his friggin' yap shut even when times were bad.

I don't expect amatuer bean-counters and trade-scenario-ists to understand this, tho.

evans is better off learning from a hard working classy guy than a loud mouthed egotistical jerk. I'm not saying TO isnt good, because he is one of the best, but i would rather have Lee evans learn from moulds rather than TO

No way on TO. I respect his talents, but I just won't take the whining and me me me attitude. I loved Bruce when we had him, but I got really sick of that selfish act every year. It would be like that but worse. Ralph would never go for it either.

TO is worth 2 1st round picks.

Simon is worth 1 1st round pick.

thats 3 1st rounders.

henry, is worth a 2nd (IMO)

moulds is worth maybe a 3rd, (based on age and years remaining)

our 2nd is a 2nd.

so does two 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder = three 1st rounders????

no

duh... :o

gonna be difficult paying TO after we get our hands on orlando pace, walter jones, ty law, and bubba franks

336075[/snapback]

LOL, and dont forget our trade with the colts, JP for Manning.

Just the notion of obtaining T.O. is a bad idea. No matter how good a WR he may be, I would not want that personality on the team.

The guy will not abide by the terms of a contract he signed last year.

No thanks.

come on man, you got to be kidding with this right? this is a pipe dream. deals like this in the league don't happen. the salary cap implications of this dream would ruin the idea right off the bat, not the mention the merits of the actual trade. owens takes moulds spot with a qb who will throw no more than 3 passes over 40 yards per game - due to his not being able to read blitzes and coverages yet? what worth is owens if we got slot guys then? further, we are riding willis this season, we build around him - not an aging over prices cowboy jackas$ WR. i would love to get simon, as he might be the best tackle in pro ball today next to williams for the viking. but i can't see philly giving him up for henry - we denny green passed on as a 4th rounder worth the talent...

Eric Moulds & Travis Henry along with the Bills 2nd round pick in 2006 for Terrell Owens and Cory Simon.

Before you all lose it and tell me what a cancer TO is and how Moulds restructured his contract to help out on the salary cap please consider these facts.  Moulds has a huge 2006 cap number , will be 32 in July and has been injured a bit in the past few years.

Owens is going to be 32 in December and has an active 6 year contract at a manageable number, now he will need a new signing bonus which could be prorated to support the teams needs. 

Henry for Simon works for both teams, it moves players that are FA's after the year and provides player talent at need positions for both.  TH would be an excellent between the tackle runner for the Eagles allowing them to split out Westbrook a bit and use him more for 3rd down situations.  Simon would be a perfect compliment to Adams in the run defense as he is a shoot the gap type of lineman which Adams is a two gap run stuffer.

336019[/snapback]

its another typical tbd trade post. it has no chance of actually happening. the eagles would have to be smoking crack to even think about it.

i still don't see how th is an excellent runner in any position. he wasn't good enough to start for us.... a non playoff team. how could he be good enough to start for the sb runner up? and please odn't respond with "they don't have a quality back" cause its just not true.

Before you all lose it and tell me what a cancer TO is and how Moulds restructured his contract to help out on the salary cap please consider these facts.  Moulds has a huge 2006 cap number , will be 32 in July and has been injured a bit in the past few years.

Henry for Simon works for both teams, it moves players that are FA's after the year and provides player talent at need positions for both.  TH would be an excellent between the tackle runner for the Eagles allowing them to split out Westbrook a bit and use him more for 3rd down situations.  Simon would be a perfect compliment to Adams in the run defense as he is a shoot the gap type of lineman which Adams is a two gap run stuffer.

336019[/snapback]

Do you like the way Travis is acting right now? At all??

Now multiply that baby whining by a million and the result is TO!

Phuck that mate!!!!!!!! :o

Moulds contract for 2005 is over 5 million and TO has a 2005 contract for 3.5 million.  You could structure a two tiered bonus along with a 2006 restructure.

He is already under contract by the way and wants a new contract and signing bonus as he did receive 9.5 million from the Eagles last year.  He could be signed and if happy would make JP transition as starting QB much easier, and also factor in what his presence would do for Lee Evans and how it could really open up the Bills offense.

This is doable.

336031[/snapback]

Moulds' amortisized bonus money would come due the moment we trade him and would kill our cap and keep us from signing TO

and I'd rather not even entertain the idea of TO in a Bills uniform. I Don't respect him no matter how good he is.

TO is worth 2 1st round picks.

Simon is worth 1 1st round pick.

thats 3 1st rounders.

henry, is worth a 2nd (IMO)

moulds is worth maybe a 3rd, (based on age and years remaining)

our 2nd is a 2nd.

so does two 2nd rounders and a 3rd rounder = three 1st rounders????

no

duh...  :lol:

336081[/snapback]

Wasn't TO traded for a 5th last year? So, a first and a fifth for two seconds and a third? Yes. And before you argue worth, there's no better proof than what actually happened. I kinda like this idea. TO may have a big mouth, but he never takes plays off, ala Deion Sanders or Donovan McNabb.

RED ROVER RED ROVER I CALL T.O. OVER!

Seriously, T.O. has a big fat mouth but his performance in the Super Bowl on an ankle most of us wouldn't be walking on gives him enough "I'm The Man" capital to spend. If the Eagles finish that drive he's the MVP and his performance in that game is compared to Kellen Winslow's as one for the ages. Did he really say anything that the rest of us weren't thinking?

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Owens is an elite talent, and paired with Evans would scare the bejeezus out of any DC, and possibly even Belichick... after all he was the one guy on that team the Pats couldn't stop, and that was on a 70% leg.

Wasn't TO traded for a 5th last year?  So, a first and a fifth for two seconds and a third? Yes.  And before you argue worth, there's no better proof than what actually happened.  I kinda like this idea.  TO may have a big mouth, but he never takes plays off, ala Deion Sanders or Donovan McNabb.

336576[/snapback]

Actually the whole TO trade situation was complicated. TO's contract with San Francisco had reached its end, allowing him to become a free agent. TO wanted to go to Philly. Except that his agent didn't file the paperwork for free agency on time, so San Fran traded him to Baltimore. It turned out, however, that there was a clause in TO's contract which stipulated a later deadline for the paperwork to be filed by. TO's agent did meet this later deadline, so according to that clause, TO could become a free agent after all, and go to Philly. The whole situation went to arbitration, involving the claims of Philly, Baltimore, San Fran, and TO. They reached a compromise, with Philly getting the rights to TO. In exchange, Philly had to send a second rounder to San Fran, and a fifth to Baltimore.

Actually the whole TO trade situation was complicated. TO's contract with San Francisco had reached its end, allowing him to become a free agent. TO wanted to go to Philly. Except that his agent didn't file the paperwork for free agency on time, so San Fran traded him to Baltimore. It turned out, however, that there was a clause in TO's contract which stipulated a later deadline for the paperwork to be filed by. TO's agent did meet this later deadline, so according to that clause, TO could become a free agent after all, and go to Philly. The whole situation went to arbitration, involving the claims of Philly, Baltimore, San Fran, and TO. They reached a compromise, with Philly getting the rights to TO. In exchange, Philly had to send a second rounder to San Fran, and a fifth to Baltimore.

336584[/snapback]

Yes, but remember when the thinking was that Owens was available for a trade? What was the highest offer then? A second by Baltimore, I think. Definitely not two firsts, though.