Special dinner/appetizers for Bills-Rams 1st game to kick-off the season???

Patrick Duffy

This special occasion calls for a mouth watering gourmet meal that will consist of a platter of fried stork ankles along with a bucket of fish heads wrapped in razor wire and for a complimenting side dish of smoked possum spine!

What special dishes do you have in mind to celebrate this upcoming joyful event??

Thanks for posting this. I thought I had a freezer full of smoked possum spine, but we must have used it all. BRB……I’ve got to run to the country store!

Being a Thursday night makes it a little weird. There will be no guests, so I’ll probably just grill some wings or go with some beef on weck. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks for posting this. I thought I had a freezer full of smoked possum spine, but we must have used it all. BRB……I’ve got to run to the country store!

Being a Thursday night makes it a little weird. There will be no guests, so I’ll probably just grill some wings or go with some beef on weck. 

#soulfood

What I’m having or what I would love?  What I’m having is Garlic Hot Wings from McDivots in Tampa.  One of the owners is from Buffalo.

What I want?  Mighty Taco beef and cheese pack, chases with a Blasdell Pizza Sub, and of course some OV splits.

Add and L, add an E, and you’ve got LOVE, love OV, that old, blablabla.  Loved that commercial as a kid.  I tried to find it on YouTube, but nothin.

20 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

This special occasion calls for a mouth watering gourmet meal that will consist of a platter of fried stork ankles along with a bucket of fish heads wrapped in razor wire and for a complimenting side dish of smoked possum spine!

What special dishes do you have in mind to celebrate this upcoming joyful event??

Dude, you’re making me hangry! 🤩🏋️♂️🦬

GO BILLS!  20-0 BABY! Because we will have the #1 seed.  All roads come through OP!

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

What I’m having or what I would love?  What I’m having is Garlic Hot Wings from McDivots in Tampa.  One of the owners is from Buffalo.

What I want?  Mighty Taco beef and cheese pack, chases with a Blasdell Pizza Sub, and of course some OV splits.

Add and L, add an E, and you’ve got LOVE, love OV, that old, blablabla.  Loved that commercial as a kid.  I tried to find it on YouTube, but nothin.

Dude, you’re making me hangry! 🤩🏋️♂️🦬

GO BILLS!  20-0 BABY! Because we will have the #1 seed.  All roads come through OP!

I had Mighty Taco for the first time in a decade visiting my mom a few weekends ago, and it was terrible. 

I don't know if something has changed or if it was just me, but it was straight up garbage.  I couldn't even finish.  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Whatever Ma hits with the truck on the way home from the mine… She got us some nice raccoon for last year’s opener and I figure she’s aiming for one of them Bambi’s this year…

Nice!! If you really thinking about maybe trying something a little different, I recommend  bowl of mosquitoes served on a cellar door. Not those little ones either, the big ones that's around the swamp and whatnot....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I had Mighty Taco for the first time in a decade visiting my mom a few weekends ago, and it was terrible. 

I don't know if something has changed or if it was just me, but it was straight up garbage.  I couldn't even finish.  

Nah, it’s just you’ve gained taste buds after departing Buffalo.  It’s like for two reasons as a kid we drank Genny Light.  First it’s cheap, second we could steal it out of our dad’s garage fridge.

Then you grow up.  I’m a masochist as I still like it.  My last time was in 2019 before the pandemic for our annual venture to B Town for a September game.

My family calls ot Buffalo Belly as after a weekend living off night and day the crap food I mentioned, I’d need a cleansing of you know what I mean.  My stomach would be in shock for three days.  Always worth it though.  You can’t live you’re whole life on chkn, turkey, and fish.

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Nice!! If you really thinking about maybe trying something a little different, I recommend  bowl of mosquitoes served on a cellar door. Not those little ones either, the big ones that's around the swamp and whatnot....

I served those up for Thanksgivin' last year! A nice mash with them and black flies I pulled off the cow turds in the pasture!

• Like (+1) 1

a foodie thread for the bill-rams game eh......how about some goats head soup, cabeza de cabra (Goat head ) This IS a thing in latin american cultures.

. Being that the game is in socal and it will be great weather my vote is for grilled lamb chops dipped in BFLO wing sauce.

🙂

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I served those up for Thanksgivin' last year! A nice mash with them and black flies I pulled off the cow turds in the pasture!

Yeah man, some people just don't know how to eat and what's good like me and you....

We should meet over at the corner store and slap fives followed by an original fist bump!

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.