Von Miller’s pass rush strategy: “I honestly feel like I’m on offense”

YoloinOhio

And that’s exactly the way to envision it, it’s an Attack mentality, read the offense and attack,

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Ditto.  I am very, very excited to see the new-look D line in action.

Gonna need the Dline to step it up since our secondary is definitely less than 100%.  If Von performs up to the hype, I feel like the Bills will have a good shot this week.  If not... our secondary might be in trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Gonna need the Dline to step it up since our secondary is definitely less than 100%.  If Von performs up to the hype, I feel like the Bills will have a good shot this week.  If not... our secondary might be in trouble.

I’ll say what I say every time somebody worries about another team…they also have to play US. I don’t think their defense is slowing Josh down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yep, going to the big tailgate.  You going?

99.9%.  Have my tickets, flight, air bnb and tailgate tix.  As long as my mother doesn’t have any medical set backs between now til then, I’ll be there.  Not arriving til Thursday morning 9am though.  Flying out Friday evening.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you going to watch the game Thursday Night with your pants off?

🤣 

They’d probably kick me out of the stadium.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

I’ll say what I say every time somebody worries about another team…they also have to play US. I don’t think their defense is slowing Josh down.

As long as our protection holds up our offense is a challenge for anyone. The thing that makes me nervous is our oline. Especially week one vs the Rams... Donald against our guards feels a mismatch. Having it week 1 might help because plenty of time to scheme cleverly to mitigate against that mismatch. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Are you going to watch the game Thursday Night with your pants off?

Is there any other way?

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As long as our protection holds up our offense is a challenge for anyone. The thing that makes me nervous is our oline. Especially week one vs the Rams... Donald against our guards feels a mismatch. Having it week 1 might help because plenty of time to scheme cleverly to mitigate against that mismatch. 

Donald is a mismatch against anyone.  The Rams still somehow lose football games.

Edited by eball
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Donald is a mismatch against anyone.  The Rams still somehow lose football games.

They generally lose games to teams who can work out their offense and don't fall for the smoke and mirrors. The Matt Patricia playbook. Ignore the jet motion, ignore the window dressing. Play them like you played the Shanahan Broncos of the 1990s. Bear front, rotate your safeties down late, and don't chase plays, maintain lane discipline. Stafford has made them slightly more adaptable in those situations but the Rams still rely more than most on misdirection. 

If the Bills play well up front on both sides they will win the game. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

They generally lose games to teams who can work out their offense and don't fall for the smoke and mirrors. The Matt Patricia playbook. Ignore the jet motion, ignore the window dressing. Play them like you played the Shanahan Broncos of the 1990s. Bear front, rotate your safeties down late, and don't chase plays, maintain lane discipline. Stafford has made them slightly more adaptable in those situations but the Rams still rely more than most on misdirection. 

If the Bills play well up front on both sides they will win the game. 

If there's one thing I don't worry about from a McD/Frazier defense, it's lack of discipline.  Yeah, yeah, 13 seconds, I know, but the point stands based upon their body of work.

I am expecting the Bills to score at least 27, and the Rams will be in the 17-23 range.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Donald against anybody is usually a mismatch, but I’m not sure I share the same concern about it being “our guards”. 

It seems like there’s been a lot of handwringing this preseason about the OL due to injury and watching our backups/street guys play most of the snaps. 

Im cautiously optimistic to see what a Kromer led OL consisting of Dawkins-Saffold-Morse-Bates-Quessenberry/Brown looks like.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like the fact that Saffold has familiarity of facing Donald every day in practice from his time with the Rams. Donald is unblockable at times, but I hope that Saffold has some insights which will benefit the rest of the OL. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.