Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Can you please explain how you think this video somehow exonerates Araiza, or anyone else?

Well I didn't say that, but I will say I think it helps Araiza clear his name. Based on the publicly available information, I think he and her had consensual sex, and later she was raped by some people at the party. I don't think Araiza gave her a drink nor ever went inside the house. 

I don't think Araiza will be charged with anything. I understand it was statutory, but in California if you were misled about the person's age, that is a qualifiable defense. Again her attorney has lied about a lot of facts, and the only legal document on all of this is the one he narrated and filed. It also lists 20 other John Roes in it facing the same allegations as Araiza. 

Edited by extrahammer
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Well I didn't say that, but I will say I think it helps Araiza clear his name. Based on the publicly available information, I think he and her had consensual sex, and later she was raped by some people at the party. I don't think Araiza gave her a drink nor ever went inside the house. 

I don't think Araiza will be charged with anything. I understand it was statutory, but in California if you were misled about the person's age, that is a qualifiable defense. Again her attorney has lied about a lot of facts, and the only legal document on all of this is the one he narrated and filed. It also lists 20 other John Roes in it facing the same allegations as Araiza. 

So you're saying that based on this video, and other publicly available information, that Araiza had consensual sex with this girl and she was subsequently gang raped by a bunch of guys - not including Araiza.

Those are some incredible investigation skills.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, extrahammer said:

There is a video making the rounds on the internet allegedly of the victim at the party. Video was posted 3 days after the incident, matches the location of the party, timing, and clothing based on photos ABC, CBS, etc have shared. There is more public information that clears him at this point than anything else, plus her attorney has lied about several facts. I believe all rapists are evil and deserve maximum punishment. However, I am not sure Araiza is guilty of what he's being accused of.

Here's the link to it on YouTube: 

Yeah it is alleged that the young woman in question is the one on this thumbnail as well as at the 1:51 and 2:58 video timestamps.  The biggest thing it shows is her going around saying she is 18 and that her "body count is over 20" etc. However,  at the end of the day....rape is rape.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

So you're saying that based on this video, and other publicly available information, that Araiza had consensual sex with this girl and she was subsequently gang raped by a bunch of guys - not including Araiza.

I think he's saying she wasn't gang raped, but willing gang banged consensually. If that is in fact her on that video...wtf

5 hours ago, extrahammer said:

There is a video making the rounds on the internet allegedly of the victim at the party. Video was posted 3 days after the incident, matches the location of the party, timing, and clothing based on photos ABC, CBS, etc have shared. There is more public information that clears him at this point than anything else, plus her attorney has lied about several facts. I believe all rapists are evil and deserve maximum punishment. However, I am not sure Araiza is guilty of what he's being accused of.

Here's the link to it on YouTube: 

That is definitely her.

Here she says she’s 18. This could help clear Araiza. It’s sad but this is enough to discredit her accusations.

It is possible this video is a different party earlier the same night. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

Those are some incredible investigation skills.

No, what I'm saying is Matt didn't gang rape her and he will likely not face any charges. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That is definitely her.

Here she says she’s 18. This could help clear Araiza. It’s sad but this is enough to discredit her accusations.

It's been confirmed it's the house. So it's the same party. It is enough to discredit her accusations against Araiza. As many contradictions her attorney has made, this could even be the video they reference in the civil complaint. Her attorney has gone from rage tweeting to silence the last two days. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I think he's saying she wasn't gang raped, but willing gang banged consensually. If that is in fact her on that video...wtf

No, I'm just saying I don't think Araiza had anything to do with raping her. I do believe she was raped later that night, but not from Araiza. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

No, what I'm saying is Matt didn't gang rape her and he will likely not face any charges. 

It's been confirmed it's the house. So it's the same party. It is enough to discredit her accusations against Araiza. As many contradictions her attorney has made, this could even be the video they reference in the civil complaint. Her attorney has gone from rage tweeting to silence the last two days. 

It doesn’t mean she wasn’t raped later on but it shows she lied. Not only that she is bragging about how many guys she’s had sex with.

That said, why would there still be a criminal investigation going on 10 months later? The bruising and the blood still leave questions. 

But after the video Matt Araiza’s version seems more believable. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It doesn’t mean she wasn’t raped later on but it shows she lied. Not only that she is bragging about how many guys she’s had sex with.

That said, why would there still be a criminal investigation going on 10 months later? The bruising and the blood still leave questions. 

But after the video Matt Araiza’s version seems more believable. 

Based on all the public evidence and information, I don't think Araiza had anything to do with her being raped. I do think she was raped later that night though. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Based on all the public evidence and information, I don't think Araiza had anything to do with her being raped. I do think she was raped later that night though. 

Such a complicated case. She might’ve hooked up with a bunch of guys that night. Then was raped. All those guys would be considered suspects. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

If that's really her and that's the night/place it happened, that's an exculpatory video for Araiza as far as the statutory rape claim is concerned (and I'm sure the DA has seen it).  Although you don't need any evidence to know she's lying when she claims that a) she was at a college party and admitted she was 17 (no one has ever done this) and b) that she was too drunk to give consent (since she's admitted to having non-forced sex with him so she obviously remembers it).  But for good measure, Araiza's attorney has people lined-up to testify to that effect and probably has this and maybe even more video of the night in question.  I hope he releases it all.

It's also hard to believe Araiza would have already had her alone outside and then gone back inside for 2nds in a gang rape.  But while I'm certain she's lying about Araiza WRT the first encounter, against my better judgment I'm inclined to believe her about being gang raped, but not that he was involved.  However after seeing that video...

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

SMH wow. As...My...Stomach....Turns.

I have a question. Have any DNA results been released? But even if they have the fact his ***** may be present,  so would it be for the other suspects you would think . I don't think DNA will solve this case. It literally though is now so entangled with lawyer dramatics and now video. My head is spinning. 

Life Lessons abound here. I'm not about to get preachy up in here. I was a young teen before and in many ways lucky to have survived it. Im casting no stones at either person right now. May Justice Prevail. And if Araiza is proven not guilty what a horrible life event to have gone through. I have empath for her too

Lord have mercy.

6 minutes ago, muppy said:

SMH wow. As...My...Stomach....Turns.

I have a question. Have any DNA results been released? But even if they have the fact his ***** may be present,  so would it be for the other suspects you would think . I don't think DNA will solve this case. It literally though is now so entangled with lawyer dramatics and now video. My head is spinning. 

Life Lessons abound here. I'm not about to get preachy up in here. I was a young teen before and in many ways lucky to have survived it. Im casting no stones at either person right now. May Justice Prevail. And if Araiza is proven not guilty what a horrible life event to have gone through. I have empath for her too

Lord have mercy.

Yeah, that video, beyond what it means for Araiza and his accuser...is something.  

Since both have admitted to having non-forced sex with each other, the results of the rape kit are moot as far as that encounter goes.  So as you said, it's more for the other suspects.

16 hours ago, Doc said:

I know what "Bless your little heard" is code for.  Right back at you.

And yes, I guess after having sex he should have driven her home and tucked her into bed.  You know, because he's suddenly responsible for her safety and all. :rolleyes: 

You're living in some fantasy world that doesn't exist anymore (I should know, my sons are Araiza's age and tell me about it) and didn't even really exist back in my day, some 30 years ago.

I have a daughter Araiza's age and friends with college age kids on different campuses, so I'm well aware of modern college life and what goes on (like the girl in the video above with her "body count over 20 and I'm only 18" and girls shaking their ***** at the camera)

And you know what?  A damned lot of kids on college campuses these days are in fact, basically decent people who take some- a scootch- of  moral responsibility for their fellow human beings, and would help the girl find her friends. (No, especially if he were drinking as well, he should not have driven her home.)

If that were not true, frankly, the estimates for the prevalence of sexual assault on campus would be higher than 16.5% or 20%. 

And there are studies which imply that the majority of problems may in fact be caused by a relatively small number of sexual predators who are enabled by the current culture of binge drinking and hookups and people like yourself, who normalize an "I Am Not My Brother's Keeper" attitude.

The moral bankruptcy of those who "take no responsibility, legal OR OTHERWISE" for a fellow human being isn't changed because some people are bad actors.

I'll shut up now.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That is definitely her.

Costume a match.  Statement "I'm 18" helps with statutory rape/mistake in age defense.  Date at end of video Oct 29 doesn't match but maybe I missed something earlier.

But how exactly does it clear Araiza or discredit her accusations of gang rape?  She can be a proud slut who loves to hook up, and still be raped.

It would also seem to discredit some of Araiza's lawyer's statements such as it "wasn't a party, just a gathering" so there's that.

Edited by Beck Water