Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Morally it needs to play out through due process. If charges are not bought, he is found not guilty and/or settles then he will probably turn up for a NFL team again. If found guilty, he'll have more things to worry about than punting and rightly so.

Maybe some folks don't need a court's decision to determine morality.

very somber tone to the press conference. DAMMIT I would have loved if this had never ever happened. Im sad for all of it.

Time to move forward. Tomorrow is a new day. Im ready to leave this saga behind.  It was said that the process is being able to deal with adversity as well as achievement of excellence. God Speed Buffalo. WE have your back.

GO BILLS

m

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Kellyhero68 said:

Some interesting questions,

1. She spoke to the police who conducted an investigation in October but did not press criminal charges YET.

2. The police did a forensic examination for rape in October. If his DNA was found wouldn't he have been arrested last year?

3. She wrote about it in her journal, which the police were not interested in. And his name is never mentioned.

4. We only heard about this AFTER he made the 53-man roster.

5. She admitted being drunk, semi unconscious, and face down but seems to remember him by name.

I am saying he is guilty or innocent, but these questions need to answered before anyone passes judgement. 

The rape kit has yet to be processed. 

This happens a lot in the US. There are 200k unprocessed rape kits in the US. Think about that for a minute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Mango said:

I get the sense that BB was on the wait it out side. “He needs time to manage this situation”

But McD was on the “these are serious accusations and we are empathetic of the victim”

The ladies in the house are not happy with Bean at the moment and appreciated McD interjecting. 

Huh? Bean was brilliant. He did what was good for the team and at the same time letter players on the team know the Bills organization has their backs, but only to a certain point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I get the sense that BB was on the wait it out side. “He needs time to manage this situation”

But McD was on the “these are serious accusations and we are empathetic of the victim”

The ladies in the house are not happy with Bean at the moment and appreciated McD interjecting. 

And I think this has been the problem since Thursday, which came to a head last night. Beane and McDerrmott were in disagreement on how to proceed - Beane was fixed on innocent until proven guilty and wanted it to play out; McDerrmott felt it was setting a bad example and unduly influencing the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

From the sound of it, Beane and McDermott needed a court filing decision (lawsuit) to determine morality

From the sounds of it Bean very much did. He didn’t seem empathetic at all. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The rape kit has yet to be processed. 

This happens a lot in the US. There are 200k unprocessed rape kits in the US. Think about that for a minute. 

And if you’re not in the 1% of rape victims that see a conviction, BB doesn’t give a poop about you.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Morally it needs to play out through due process. If charges are not bought, he is found not guilty and/or settles then he will probably turn up for a NFL team again. If found guilty, he'll have more things to worry about than punting and rightly so.

If he's innocent:

Bills should have first rights,  or get a a 6th back.  😆 

Then stick him in a hermetically sealed bubble and only let him out to kick. 😆 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What if the court finds him innocent.  Will the moral do-gooders accept it. 

The road to perdition is paved with good intentions.

C'mon Exiled.  You know better than that. 

Courts do not find people innocent.  That's not what they do.  They find someone guilty, or not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  Civil courts find it "more likely than not" to be true, meaning it can be 50.01% likely or 49.99% unlikely.

None of that means "innocent"

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

DeShaun Watson was also found innocent.......... so.........

Huh?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

its kind of sounds like you are.......

No, you are innocent PROVEN guilty. And so far, there is allegation of rape, in which the San Diego Police have not charged any crime in almost a year.

Not enough information to PROVE his guilt yet, but there could be.

Edited by Kellyhero68

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

And I think this has been the problem since Thursday, which came to a head last night. Beane and McDerrmott were in disagreement on how to proceed - Beane was fixed on innocent until proven guilty and wanted it to play out; McDerrmott felt it was setting a bad example and unduly influencing the team.

72 hours ago I was counting down the days until kick off. 

Today not so much. I feel a bit dirty as a fan stills 

• Eyeroll 3

Just now, Beck Water said:

From the sound of it, Beane and McDermott needed a court filing decision (lawsuit) to determine morality

I think it is exactly as Beane stated. They wanted to not rush to an unfair judgment. I think that is fair for both the team AND araiza The ending is the same result it Sucks. Alll of this saga does in all its tawdry detail. I hope the Bills put this behind them ASAP and carry on.. Crazy last coupla days in the chatroom eh mateys?

SMH

• Like (+1) 1