Is there a Football site similar to Capfriendly.com

Dkollidas

Dunno what capfriendly does.

Since nobody has gotten back to you yet, have you tried Spotrac? They have some roster manipulation and salary cap effects stuff. You may already know them. If you don't, google:  Spotrac Buffalo Bills.  Then play with the "Manage Roster" feature.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Since nobody has gotten back to you yet, have you tried Spotrac? They have some roster manipulation and salary cap effects stuff. You may already know them. If you don't, google:  Spotrac Buffalo Bills.  Then play with the "Manage Roster" feature.

This.  Spotrac.com.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Wondering if anyone knows if there’s a good website for roster control and manipulation of NFL rosters in a manner similar to what capfriendly.com does?

I use Capfriendly as it's the best Hockey site there is.  Hockey is so much more complicated than football with prospects, 2-way contracts, etc.

For football it's Spotrac for me.  It's much more user friendly than OverTheCap IMO.

11 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

For nhl it keeps track of roster and contracts both pro team and minors team who is under a Sabres c9ntract. Players on an AHL or low league contract is not tracked.

it gets updated fir roster moves like placing a player on IR or thry get called up or sent diwn.

you can drill down into a player to see contract history and stats.  You can see salary structure between bonus money vs game salary.  It dies not include performance bonus until after theyare paid/ earned.

this is very different than football because contracts are tied to bonus money so they have more extensive dead ca counts than what the nhl usual has. With a player buy out there is a simple formula  in the nhl not tied to dates executed like football spreads out buy out done after June 1 using a different formula.

4 hours ago, buffalostu2 said:

Who doesn't know Spotrac on this forum yet?   I can only blame us and our poor forum onboarding process.

I mean I know spotrac. But does it allow you to have a depth chart organized, make hypothetical moves and see the impact of those moves on the depth chart and cap? 

I know it’ll let you see the cap impact on cutting/trading a player, but it doesn’t really let you build your depth chart as far as I’ve seen. 

9 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I use Capfriendly as it's the best Hockey site there is.  Hockey is so much more complicated than football with prospects, 2-way contracts, etc.

For football it's Spotrac for me.  It's much more user friendly than OverTheCap IMO.

I think hockey is less complicated when it comes to contracts honestly. Signing bonuses and structures in football are much more complicated than in the nhl where salary is guaranteed and your cap hit doesn’t change year to year and is just an average of the total money in the contract. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

I know it’ll let you see the cap impact on cutting/trading a player, but it doesn’t really let you build your depth chart as far as I’ve seen. 

I think hockey is less complicated when it comes to contracts honestly. Signing bonuses and structures in football are much more complicated than in the nhl where salary is guaranteed and your cap hit doesn’t change year to year and is just an average of the total money in the contract. 

Your statement I bolded is true for the contracted players.  My point is that CapFriendly has all the info needed for hockey that the

NFL does not need.  The NFL doesn't need it because it's rules for team building are much simpler IMO.

The NFL drafts a player with a 4-year fixed contract who is matured enough to either make the team or not.

Hockey drafting is so much more complicated.  You are drafting 18-year-old kids.

There are even rules as to where prospects can play depending on age and where they played before being drafted.

That player can sign an ELC (entry level contract) the first year or 4 years later.  That player maybe signed a 2-way NHL/AHL contract.

Call up and waiver rules are much more complicated.

Buyout, No Move Contracts, No Trade Clauses and other rules are used much more and further complicate things.

When I started learning the NFL rules (thanks to others on the old BBMB!) it didn't take too long.

Learning the NHL rules has been much harder IMO and CapFriendly has the info to make it a little easier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.