Impact of Dobbs and Abortion Laws

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The thing that is so frustrating about these conversations is that to forced birth crowd just resorts to strawmen arguments as opposed to actually advocating for things that would fix the problem they proclaim to care about.

It's how you know they don't really care and stopping abortions isn't really the goal.

I'm starting to think you are dense. 

I advocate for taking it much more seriously. 

1 minute ago, Gene Frenkle said:

You have no answers, only platitudes about "morals" and "personal responsibility". What a mess.

I gave answers! I have a plan! You just don't like it!

Plus...

You are an idiot 

6 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I'm starting to think you are dense. 

I advocate for taking it much more seriously. 

I take this issue VERY seriously.

My wife has a condition that increases the likelihood of a miscarriage. Before she was diagnosed, she had had five miscarriages.

And now, in states enacting GOP abortion laws, we are seeing women experiencing miscarriages sent home until they are so sick their life can be considered to be in danger and only then will they be treated. If such a law were to be passed nationally, we would likely have to stop trying to start a family. If you doubt this, try reading the 80+ cases linked at the start of this thread.

All of this, because the GOP does not care about actually stopping abortions. Because the GOP cannot or will not look at the root causes of abortions and will instead pass poorly worded laws that legislate medical treatment that they do not understand, endangering women's lives.

If YOU took this seriously, you would look at what ACTUALLY drives elective abortions and I bet you and I could come to agreement on policies to prevent them.

But you are unserious, uneducated, and oblivious to the consequences of the half-baked policies you advocate for.

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

Thanks, Tom. You in favor of paying for the babies you force into existence?

Tf arw .you talking about. $3500 dollars 

Make it expensive. 

Like over-regulated cars with an average price of a new car being 45,000 dollars now. 

Sh1ts expensive. Make abortions expensive 

De-incentivize them 

• Eyeroll 1

15 hours ago, TSOL said:

Tf arw .you talking about. $3500 dollars 

Make it expensive. 

Like over-regulated cars with an average price of a new car being 45,000 dollars now. 

Sh1ts expensive. Make abortions expensive 

De-incentivize them 

Not what I asked, and that does not answer the question. You're telling me how you would make abortion prohibitive. It doesn't matter how you make it prohibitive, but once you do, are you willing to help pay for the result through entitlements?

27 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Not what I asked, and that does not answer the question. You're telling me how you would make abortion prohibitive. It doesn't matter how you make it prohibitive, but once you do, are you willing to help pay for the result through entitlements?

We are already paying exorbitant amounts of money we don't have, so sure. 

Yes 

Fully willing 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

We are already paying exorbitant amounts of money we don't have, so sure. 

Yes 

Fully willing 

Haha...that wasn't so hard, now was it? A pro-entitlement Republican. Now I've seen everything. You must really love Jesus.

6 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Haha...that wasn't so hard, now was it? A pro-entitlement Republican. Now I've seen everything. You must really love Jesus.

Get back to me when you start making sense, ok? Because I really don't understand where you are coming from, or going to with this. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

If someone doesn't have the exact same religious values as you, you call that person a hypocrite. Instead, perhaps you're both just immature dupes.

Exactly wrong.

If someone behaves in a manner contradictory their own professed and expressed belief, that is hypocritical.

Someone else's religious views don't enter into it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 1:12 AM, Gene Frenkle said:

If someone doesn't have the exact same religious values as you, you call that person a hypocrite. Instead, perhaps you're both just immature dupes.

Wrong. The doctrine is the doctrine, regardless of who follows it. In terms of Catholicism, she’s not devout. She may have simply mislabeled herself or perhaps is confused as to what it means. However, she’s not what she claimed to be or described herself as. I am not religious and I never claim to be, but why say you’re a devout Catholic if you’re not ? 

• Thank you (+1) 2