The US is Heading in a Great Direction !!

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I remember during Reagan's first term people were saying he was a dead duck, lol. How'd that turn out for Reagan? 

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! 

image.png.474a6f378508d56893e6ef5549c48a7a.png

Morning Tibs

I’m actually glad to see someone on here supporting the President rather than just saying ‘at least he’s not the last guy’. Keep up the positivity! It’s a welcome breath of fresh air. 

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I remember during Reagan's first term people were saying he was a dead duck, lol. How'd that turn out for Reagan? 

One would need to be of a certain age to actually “remember” this. On this forum today you told someone to change their diaper. You do not “remember” this. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

One would need to be of a certain age to actually “remember” this. On this forum today you told someone to change their diaper. You do not “remember” this. 

You are an idiot 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

There's just so much different between then and now to make that comparison and expect similar results.  Other than the Soviets being involved in a military quagmire in Afghanistan in the 1980's and in Ukraine today.  What drove the Soviets out of business was oil prices falling to single digits. 

The break up had less to do with Reagan's tough talk and policies and everything to do with Alaska's North Slope and North Sea supply coming onto the market at just the right time to flood the market with oil which crashed prices and broke OPEC's grip on the oil market and drove Soviet oil revenue below a level that would support the regime.  No money, the system went bust.  Fast forward to today and there's no Alaska or North Sea (40 years of depletion have rendered these sources as marginal contributors) coming to the rescue and OPEC spare capacity is more on paper than in the ground.  Right now the main beneficiary of Biden's sanctions is Putin with Europe being crushed by them.          

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's just so much different between then and now to make that comparison and expect similar results.  Other than the Soviets being involved in a military quagmire in Afghanistan in the 1980's and in Ukraine today.  What drove the Soviets out of business was oil prices falling to single digits. 

The break up had less to do with Reagan's tough talk and policies and everything to do with Alaska's North Slope and North Sea supply coming onto the market at just the right time to flood the market with oil which crashed prices and broke OPEC's grip on the oil market and drove Soviet oil revenue below a level that would support the regime.  No money, the system went bust.  Fast forward to today and there's no Alaska or North Sea coming to the rescue and OPEC spare capacity is more on paper than in the ground.  Right now the main beneficiary of Biden's sanctions is Putin with Europe being crushed by them.          

Well, I give Reagan credit. he did push the Soviet on military spending and they were freaked out by Star Wars, that really scared them. And he would not negotiate on that issue of building that, though it's still a pipe dreams, it's threat worked. Yes, oil played a role. 

Aside from that, let's just point out they were not a democracy and corruption thrives where there is no free press, elections or accountability. The biggest reason they collasped is because their system stunk. 

Anyone remember hunter and the “big guy” receiving five million dollars from the Russians? 
He says he’s tough on russia all the while filling his bank account from russia and china. What a crook!!!

Worst President ever!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Tibs

I’m actually glad to see someone on here supporting the President rather than just saying ‘at least he’s not the last guy’. Keep up the positivity! It’s a welcome breath of fresh air. 

Well this didn’t age well and it’s only two hours old. Hey…I tried. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, I give Reagan credit. he did push the Soviet on military spending and they were freaked out by Star Wars, that really scared them. And he would not negotiate on that issue of building that, though it's still a pipe dreams, it's threat worked. Yes, oil played a role. 

Aside from that, let's just point out they were not a democracy and corruption thrives where there is no free press, elections or accountability. The biggest reason they collasped is because their system stunk. 

OMG.  An actual response without Trump being noted.  Progress!

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No they didn't.  Maybe your liberal circle, but not the majority of the country.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

No they didn't.  Maybe your liberal circle, but not the majority of the country.

He had a bad period in his first term. Things looked bad, but the economy turned around. 

Indeed, although 1983 began for Reagan with a 35% job approval rating -- the worst of his administration -- things started to look better.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/11887/ronald-reagan-from-peoples-perspective-gallup-poll-review.aspx

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Maybe so but this guy can't change his socks and find a matching pair let alone make a decision that actually helps the country & the people in it ! Then when he realizes how bad things are he doubles down & does absolutely nothing but maybe pulls out a bandaid to make us think he's doing something .

When in reality he's not doing S**T but making things worse .

Here's the way he thinks . He and Gaven Newsome have a lot in common in there respect of decision making !

Newsome is sending out $1015.00 checks to all Californians to in some way to off set the high gas prices yet adds another .03 cent tax to gas & by sending out those checks increases inflation by doing so.

BRILLIANT !! Biden & Newsome must have came up with that one or maybe it was Pelosi or Schumer because that is the way they do things but you just keep believing in the BS doubt it but maybe one day you'll hit your head really hard and come back to reality once it's to late !!

I'm not the only one that thinks that if you watched the clip 88% of ALL democrats & republicans think the same way .

There are only 12% that are foolish enough to think he has or will do anything to get his ass out of the sling he has put it in but i guess you can dream little buddy . 

2 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe so but this guy can't change his socks and find a matching pair let alone make a decision that actually helps the country & the people in it ! Then when he realizes how bad things are he doubles down & does absolutely nothing but maybe pulls out a bandaid to make us think he's doing something .

When in reality he's not doing S**T but making things worse .

Here's the way he thinks . He and Gaven Newsome have a lot in common in there respect of decision making !

Newsome is sending out $1015.00 checks to all Californians to in some way to off set the high gas prices yet adds another .03 cent tax to gas & by sending out those checks increases inflation by doing so.

BRILLIANT !! Biden & Newsome must have came up with that one or maybe it was Pelosi or Schumer because that is the way they do things but you just keep believing in the BS doubt it but maybe one day you'll hit your head really hard and come back to reality once it's to late !!

I'm not the only one that thinks that if you watched the clip 88% of ALL democrats & republicans think the same way .

There are only 12% that are foolish enough to think he has or will do anything to get his ass out of the sling he has put it in but i guess you can dream little buddy . 

You just believe the trash right wing media. They laugh at you 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

Anyone remember hunter and the “big guy” receiving five million dollars from the Russians? 
He says he’s tough on russia all the while filling his bank account from russia and china. What a crook!!!

Worst President ever!!!

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Reagan's first term, and especially the first two years were hampered by the stagflation of the previous administration.

The US economy is massive and takes many years to turn. His first term included a public battle with Fed Chairman Paul Volker, who was determined to lower the runaway inflation of the time. 12.5% mortgage rates....Near 20% interest in money market funds.

I was serving as a Naval Aviator at the time and without a doubt the world changed when Carter, who was a horrible Commander in Chief left office.

During Carter's term, I doubt that 40% of Naval Aviation could get airborne. Massive parts swaps to keep the carriers at 75% aircraft availability, but the shore based squadrons, during their turn around cycle had nothing.

Operation, Eagle Claw, the disastrous attempt to rescue the Iranian hostages is a great example of failed leadership.

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Reagan's first term, and especially the first two years were hampered by the stagflation of the previous administration.

The US economy is massive and takes many years to turn. His first term included a public battle with Fed Chairman Paul Volker, who was determined to lower the runaway inflation of the time. 12.5% mortgage rates....Near 20% interest in money market funds.

I was serving as a Naval Aviator at the time and without a doubt the world changed when Carter, who was a horrible Commander in Chief left office.

During Carter's term, I doubt that 40% of Naval Aviation could get airborne. Massive parts swaps to keep the carriers at 75% aircraft availability, but the shore based squadrons, during their turn around cycle had nothing.

Operation, Eagle Claw, the disastrous attempt to rescue the Iranian hostages is a great example of failed leadership.

Didn't Carter appoint Volker? So Carter really did the thing a true leader does, made the country take it's medicine and though he failed to get re-elected, he did the country right. 

As to the Navy, Carter inherited a military still in the funk of the Vietnam era. Yes, Reagan dumped tons of money on the military--a good deal of which, through failed leadership was stolen. The $700 toilet seats come to mind. But still the military did get more resources from the Reaganomics massive deficit spending. Of course they did better with more resources. I can't say I disliked Reagan's foreign policy, though. He stood up to dictators and chastised them publicly, too. Bombing Lybia was a just mission, imo.   know people hate Hillary, but when she was handed the phone to watch Quadaffi getting beaten to death and she enjoyed it, well hell ya! He was a complete POS! Burn in hell! 

I remember waking up in the morning and being really upset about Eagle Claw. I think I saw it on the Today Show or something. Of what I remember about it and have read, even if they had not crashed in desert I'm not at all sure the mission was very sensible. Blasting their way in and shooting their way out? The Israeli Raid on Entebbe is probably what they were thinking of trying, but ya, I don't agree it was a good idea. 

Had the hostage crisis not of happened Jimmy would probably of been a two term prez