Jordan Palmer says Josh Allen is "the most talented player to ever play quarterback"

extrahammer

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Vick for 1.  Elway 

Vick had durability issues and definitely could neither throw as well (accuracy and arm strength) or roll LB’s head on the way Josh can. Elway while mobile, was not the rushing threat that Young was, who would be a more contemporary comp for his era. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would throw in a comparison of a young Warren Moon, he was pretty dang good throwing and I know he killed more than one team scrambling. Though I don’t think running was really his thing. Good arm, size, accurate and he could move well. Josh still my pick for best in the galaxy at this point though!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Does Aaron Rogers not count? He’s put up over 300 yards rushing multiple times. Probably the best thrower out of the pocket. Strong arm. Maybe the most efficient QB ever as well.

hard to say he’s not top 10 or higher.  He does everything well. Athletically, I think he’s just a tad below Josh, while also being smaller. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Vick-  If he were 6’4 240 with similar movement skills as he had as a 6 foot 215 lb qb, I would agree with you.   Josh’s size is a huge advantage.  I think the only place Vick > Josh is speed.  

Elway-  the eye test says it all in this case.  He doesn’t move or throw as well as Josh.  He’s smaller than Josh.   Josh is 100x the runner Elway was.  To date, he does everything better than Elway did, except win Super Bowls. 

I agree.  I should have mentioned him as well.  But his arm and size put him clearly behind JA imo.  

Vick was a supreme athlete.  His speed was uncommon and he had maybe the biggest arm I have ever seen.  

Rodgers has a big arm, very quick on his feet. Very smart. Makes any throw.  6'2" 225.  That's big enough.  Not every OC feels his QB should be the #2 rusher on the team you know (RIP Daboll). 

Also, as other have pointed out, Mahomes has the big arm, makes all the throws and has serious speed.  6'3" 227 (10 lb lighter than JA).  In 4 years as a starter, he has a lot more passing yards, 50% more TDs and fewer INTs.

It has taken a trainer touting (yet again) his most (only?) successful client as "the most talented ever" for many here to suddenly agree with this idea.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

hard to say he’s not top 10 or higher.  He does everything well. Athletically, I think he’s just a tad below Josh, while also being smaller. 

I think Josh is a top 5 running QB of all time already.

I don’t think he’s one of the greatest passers of all time. I think even in his era today he’s probably below top 10 as a pure passer. Maybe right around top 10.

I think Aaron Rogers is the greatest passer in NFL history. Arm and accuracy. Rogers is 11th all time QB rushing. 8th in TDs all time.

Steve Young has everything but the rocket arm but I would put him above Allen based on passing.

Allen is definitely a creature we’ve never seen at QB before. Maybe that’s what Palmer is saying. He just needs to continue improving as a passer. He’s still inconsistent. I think the Buffalo weather has a lot to do with it though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Vick had durability issues and definitely could neither throw as well (accuracy and arm strength) or roll LB’s head on the way Josh can. Elway while mobile, was not the rushing threat that Young was, who would be a more contemporary comp for his era. 

Vick didn't have that arm strength??  

lol stop.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Vick was a supreme athlete.  His speed was uncommon and he had maybe the biggest arm I have ever seen.  

Rodgers has a big arm, very quick on his feet. Very smart. Makes any throw.  6'2" 225.  That's big enough.  Not every OC feels his QB should be the #2 rusher on the team you know (RIP Daboll). 

Also, as other have pointed out, Mahomes has the big arm, makes all the throws and has serious speed.  6'3" 227 (10 lb lighter than JA).  In 4 years as a starter, he has a lot more passing yards, 50% more TDs and fewer INTs.

It has taken a trainer touting (yet again) his most (only?) successful client as "the most talented ever" for many here to suddenly agree with this idea.

Mahomes can move he’s just not very elusive, unless the Bills DL is chasing him. 😆 

Rogers is a smart runner. It’s like he always knows what to do with the football. He kills teams will running. Always runs at the right time and he can move.

Steve Young doesn’t get talked about but he’s basically like Josh Allen in the open field. He turns into a running back. Very elusive. He was also deadly as a passer. Just lacks that arm strength.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mahomes can move he’s just not very elusive, unless the Bills DL is chasing him. 😆 

Rogers is a smart runner. It’s like he always knows what to do with the football. He kills teams will running. Always runs at the right time and he can move.

Steve Young doesn’t get talked about but he’s basically like Josh Allen in the open field. He turns into a running back. Very elusive. He was also deadly as a passer. Just lacks that arm strength.

are you serious?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Joe Burrow weeps in the corner.

lol--if Burrow goes to the SB again and the Bills don't, look for Palmer to be shooting youtubes declaring Burrow as "the best I've ever seen!!!"

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He can run, very much like Rogers in that regard. I don’t think he turns into a running back though. That’s what I mean by elusive.

he is extremely elusive.  i've not seen anyone claim otherwise--until you did.

But no, The Chiefs had RBs on their roster, so he wasn't asked to run the ball like JA had to.  Doesn't mean he would not have been as successful.

I agree that Josh is the most physically gifted player ever at the position. For sure there have been QBs with extraordinary physical ability, some of whom evoke certain aspects of Josh’s game (though not all of it as has been said). But Josh’s physical ability separates him from the competition in the same way as LT’s or say Larry Allen’s or Jim Brown’s made them stand distinctly apart from their peers. There is a laundry list of skills needed to play the all important position and normally athleticism, physical prowess by itself is not the secret sauce for a great QB- Brady, Montana….  Josh is the total package and he can do all of those other things well but to me pure physical talent is more the hallmark of his game. He was a man amongst boys when at Wyoming. Somewhat surprisingly he routinely looks like a man amongst boys playing with and against the grown men of today’s nfl. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol--if Burrow goes to the SB again and the Bills don't, look for Palmer to be shooting youtubes declaring Burrow as "the best I've ever seen!!!"

he is extremely elusive.  i've not seen anyone claim otherwise--until you did.

But no, The Chiefs had RBs on their roster, so he wasn't asked to run the ball like JA had to.  Doesn't mean he would not have been as successful.

He’s one of those run to open space and then slide QBs when someone gets near. Russell Wilson is also great at that. Rogers as well. 

19 hours ago, Doc said:

My 1998 Lindy's had him listed at 215#.

As for height, I just don't think there were that many good tall passers in the past.  And as has been happening with other positions, QBs just keep getting bigger.

Dan McGuire was tall! Oh...you said good passers too, my bad, nevermind.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And Allen may have the biggest arm you or I have seen.  Plus he’s a mountain of a man that can see the field better and is more difficult to bring down. Vick wasn’t a tackle breaker, he made people miss.  Josh does both.  

Vick was the most explosive athletic qB I’ve ever seen.  But with regards to being the most physically talented to play qb, size has to come into the equation. 

Regarding Rodgers, yes, he’s big enough to be the best qb ever.  I don’t think he’s big or fast enough to be the most physically talented.  

regarding Mahomes- yeah, he’s up there alright.  Josh is a mutant.  

I’m quite confidant that many non bills fans agree with the take that Josh is the most talented qb ever.  I’ve heard it first hand at one of my my fantasy football drafts last year.  We had this conversation and out of 16 owners, 3 owners disagreed.  2 Falcons fans said Vick was and 1 bronco fan said Elway was. 15 owners laughed the bronco fan out of the bar.  He’s built different 

The guys you mentioned are extremely talented, but we’ll agree to disagree.  Josh is a different kind a beast.  Much different.

Just now, Warcodered said:

What's stopping him now?

He's riding the bigger hype wave with Josh right now.

It was just over a year ago he was saying Darnold "is going to be so good in this league"..

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s one of those run to open space and then slide QBs when someone gets near. Russell Wilson is also great at that. Rogers as well. 

Because he's the QB...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.