Kim Pegula Progressing Well

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My neighbor is Lebanese originally from Mississippi.  She has a major southern accent and very dark skin.  

My new dog keeps chewing up my shuttlecocks.  

Those sharp little puppy teeth must hurt like the devil!!!  😱

My wife’s family was from rural SC and they burned a cross in her grandfather’s front yard. It didn’t help that they were Catholic, too.  He scared them off with his shotgun, put out the fire and took the perfectly good wood to the barn. 

Edited by Augie

4 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Thanks for the reply.  I asked because I was wondering if you had a device that would catch that.  I have a Kardia EKG monitor which I check once in a while and they say that will catch afib.  I know there are also apple watches which will catch it.  I am assuming they will catch events much milder than yours.

Your description of an actual event is much appreciated.

I got one of those afterwards.  Isn't that a cool invention?  Works great!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

When I was racing road bikes in my younger years my resting heart rate was between 40 and 45 bpm, not out of the ordinary for that cohort, but if one is having any sort of heart issues, as you said, talk with your Doctor.

I'd bet that the majority of the Sabres and non-linemen Bills have resting heart rates in the 40s.

Pretty much every morning, I do the Sudoku puzzle in the paper.  It's on the comics page, and Zippy is right next to it.   Every few days I read Zippy, hoping I'll get it.  I rarely do.  

This morning, as I was reading it, I realized that Zippy is a lot like discussions you guys have here from time to time; that is, fascinatingly funny to a certain lunatic fringe and unintelligible to normal people.  Still, there's something about those discussions that says you're the sane ones and the rest of us are hopelessly lost, every day thinking reality actually means something.  

King of Hearts is one of my favorite movies.  Insanity for the sane.  

I almost responded to Battleships being like Scrabble and to Royale being Korean.  Then I realized that yours is a league I just can't play in. 

Bravo!

Edited by Shaw66

12 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

I'd bet that the majority of the Sabres and non-linemen Bills have resting heart rates in the 40s.

Could very well be the case, we were all very slim, yet very fit young men in those days, the non linemen are all heavily muscled by comparison, that may have a bearing on resting HR, but I don’t know enough about physiology to draw any conclusion. In those days we were averaging over twenty mph for up to five ish hours at a time, with heart rates ranging from ninety to one hundred and ninety bpm, I used to be fit, not so much any more :). There is likely someone one or another on here who knows the answer. I have generally understood endurance athletes tend to be at the lower end of that spectrum…. But what do I know…,

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The upper half.

I was sure it was the left half, but I couldn’t decide if that was looking at you from the front or from behind. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was sure it was the left half, but I couldn’t decide if that was looking at you from the front or from behind. 

Augie - do you have a new avatar, or did I never notice it before.   War Memorial Stadium set up for baseball?   Fabulous!

21 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm not Irish, I'm Korean.  Not sure if I ever told anyone on this board that.

Yes you have actually a few different times. It was a couple of occasions when you mentioned it, you also made crystal clear the intense love you have for flip flops lol

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Augie - do you have a new avatar, or did I never notice it before.   War Memorial Stadium set up for baseball?   Fabulous!

That’s been it for years….the way I remember the place. Complete with snow fences separating the players from the fans. I seem to vaguely recall a softball event consisting of Bills players and beer was involved. That may have been my father, the Bills or both. My how times have changed! 

I have a lot of very fond memories from those early days. I’ve long since lost the programs and cards I collected, but the memories remain. It was a dump, but it was OUR dump and it was bigger than life to me! I went by a few years ago to see the gates still standing, and realized it wasn’t quite the Roman Colosseum I thought it was!  

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s been it for years….the way I remember the place. Complete with snow fences separating the players from the fans. I seem to vaguely recall a softball event consisting of Bills players and beer was involved. That may have been my father, the Bills or both. My how times have changed! 

I have a lot of very fond memories from those early days. I’ve long since lost the programs and cards I collected, but the memories remain. It was a dump, but it was OUR dump and it was bigger than life to me! I went by a few years ago to see the gates still standing, and realized it wasn’t quite the Roman Colosseum I thought it was!  

You're right.  It was my dump, too.  

My first memory of it was going there for jalopy races, including a figure-eight demolition derby!

I went to a few baseball games there, but I never got into baseball there very much, because the experience couldn't compare with Offerman Stadium.  My only real memory of seeing baseball there was the summer when I kept hearing about the Bisons' catcher, so I went alone one night for the sole purpose of seeing Johnny Bench play.  Always been glad I did.

Anyway, I love the photo.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Pretty much every morning, I do the Sudoku puzzle in the paper.  It's on the comics page, and Zippy is right next to it.   Every few days I read Zippy, hoping I'll get it.  I rarely do.  

This morning, as I was reading it, I realized that Zippy is a lot like discussions you guys have here from time to time; that is, fascinatingly funny to a certain lunatic fringe and unintelligible to normal people.  Still, there's something about those discussions that says you're the sane ones and the rest of us are hopelessly lost, every day thinking reality actually means something.  

King of Hearts is one of my favorite movies.  Insanity for the sane.  

I almost responded to Battleships being like Scrabble and to Royale being Korean.  Then I realized that yours is a league I just can't play in. 

Bravo!

King Of Hearts….isn’t that the movie where Bette Middler wants to become a Navy SEAL but gets hurt?  Then Richard Gere picks her up, takes her away to Jurassic Island to become Zoologists?  Great movie.