Kim Pegula Progressing Well

Dablitzkrieg

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Well, if we're just throwing out reasons why she's in the hospital, this is my entry...

She was out clearing trees on the back 40 and sliced open her leg on the chainsaw.  

Better that than a wood chipper.

BB, I honestly don’t know as she could’ve stroked, had a MRSA infection, had an MI as half of the battle is genetics.  Sure you can control Diet and Exercise, not abusing alcohol and smoking much less drugs, but it could be anything.

She also could’ve been chewing through too much alleve and maybe alcohol as that affects people of all SES.  That can lead to High BP and even renal (kidney) troubles.

Thats just a few examples, so why did anyone make a leap to a stroke?  Unfortunately l, only had to be in the Cath Lab once when someone stroked out and died, and it was after the case.  Part of the reason was an incompetent Cardiologist doing the case.  I don’t want to see another one.

So another reason is very possible.  What led anyone to think it was a stroke?  As I said, there is 100 reasons someone in her mid 50’s could’ve been hospitalized, and now resting with round the clock care.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

If, by “must”, you mean “could” be a stroke, that would be accurate. It could be a lot of things.  I see no point in speculating, much less acting like we know anything for certain. 

Get well, Kim! 

"Must" in the vernacular.  But yes could be.

There's no harm in speculating: such threads naturally encourage it, given no details even in a second thread on the same topic.

It's not as though anyone here is infringing on privacy.  It's a legitimate topic of discussion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, john wawrow said:

Again with the silly, erroneous speculation.

Stop it.

But coming from WEO … of course it’s coming from WEO. Still batting .000.

jw

Also, reading through this thread, I see it filled with a buncha Doogie Housers on the case.

Not enough that the Pegulas finally put out an update. People have to keep on speculating of which they know nothing.

Might as well close this thread, too.

"Silly"? These threads, absent details, invite speculation to fill that void.  That should be obvious to you, and beyond debate.

We are all encouraged she is out of the hospital and recovering.  The discussion of why she was ill is natural, not silly, exercise.

If my guess (based on "ICU", and "rehab" and a team of doctors) at a diagnosis is "erroneous", then correct it with fact.  That would end all speculation here.

21 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"Silly"? These threads, absent details, invite speculation to fill that void.  That should be obvious to you, and beyond debate.

We are all encouraged she is out of the hospital and recovering.  The discussion of why she was ill is natural, not silly, exercise.

If my guess (based on "ICU", and "rehab" and a team of doctors) at a diagnosis is "erroneous", then correct it with fact.  That would end all speculation here.

As I answer to you, I must point out that I don’t answer to you.

• Haha (+1) 3

I do not blame anyone here for speculating about Kim Pegula.

If it is inappropriate, the fault lies directly on the Bills PR release.

Why? 

If I had a medical emergency and was hospitalized and word got out to friends and family. Folks would likely send "Get Well" wishes.

If I had a medical emergency and was hospitalized and word got out to send thoughts and prayers for me AND my family - THAT sounds DEADLY.

To issue such a dire press release and then issue no follow up for weeks is what leads folks to speculate.

Kim Pegula is a co-owner of the Buffalo Bills - why would any one of us not be stunned by the possibility of loosing her?

Honestly, "thoughts and prayers for her AND her family" freaked me the hell out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’m not sure why they released a statement at all to be honest. Many people care about Kim. It shook me up for awhile because I’m very appreciative of everything the Pegula family has done for Buffalo. 

The Bills are family to me. I haven’t gone a day without searching for an update on her health. I’m very happy to hear she’s progressing well. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not sure why they released a statement at all to be honest. Many people care about Kim. It shook me up for awhile because I’m very appreciative of everything the Pegula family has done for Buffalo. 

The Bills are family to me. I haven’t gone a day without searching for an update on her health. I’m very happy to hear she’s progressing well. 

You mean yesterday?  If so, likely because they too heard the internet rumors about her demise.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The first press release. 

Probably to get it out there before any rumors or crazy speculation came out. In today's internet world the news would have come out one way or another. Being  co-owner of the Bills-Sabres makes her a "celebrity" type of person who is recognized by the general public.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, muppy said:

I wish this thread didn't get so chippy I mean its a message board,  it's banter. We all want the best for her.

Just sayin'.... it's a problem, not just related to this thread

Moralization is the process through which preferences are converted into values, both in individual lives and at the level of culture.

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

🤦‍♂️ Warrow lecturing on off the cuff commentary. That’s Rich! With Zero information being provided as to the cause of Ms. Kims’ plight, Of Course people are going to  speculate. Lest you be privy to the actual diagnosis, speculation is derived from base knowledge and personal experience. In this case, she’s the owner of the single reason we spend time here every day. 
Get off your high horse, jw. You’re not worthy.

I get that it’s a natural response to be curious but honestly what makes anyone think the Pegulas owe the fan base medical details?  And yes people are going to speculate any time there are blanks left to fill in but It’s possible to do this in ones own mind and leave the dart throwing off a message board.

On the flip I doubt the Pegulas are reading this particular thread but I suppose one never knows.  I’m sure Twitter rumors yesterday  made it impossible for the family to leave things completely unaddressed but they asked for privacy at the outset probably because they wanted………..wait for it……..privacy.  Yesterday they shut down the rumors and stayed 100% consistent with their original request for privacy.  

The Pegulas are important to Buffalo and the fans.  The fans and Buffalo are also important to the Pegulas but it shouldn’t really be too much to ask that fan curiosity not outweigh private family matters of the highest importance.  It’s not much of a favor to ask really.

I get that a guy that doesn’t know the difference between pedaling and peddling might not be a perfect messenger, but the message is more important.  Stopping the silliness in this thread probably won’t move any needles given the size of Twitter but it wouldn’t hurt either.

Edited by 4merper4mer

14 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

Glad to hear Kim is doing better.

As regards stroke.  And Im not suggesting that she had a stroke.  But a major cause of stroke in young (ie, <60) people is atrial fibrillation. 

Instead of beating like a pump, your hearts upper chambers vibrate incoherently.  Sort of like the ingame thread.  The blood becomes stagnant, and clots.  And then these small clots go into the circulation and lodge in the brain, causing a stroke. 

This is exactly what happened to John Fetterman, Democrat candidate for senate in PA.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/pennsylvania-senate-candidate-john-fetterman-released-from-hospital-after-stroke

He is 52, and recovering nicely. 

I had a-fib in January.  Heart rate was 170.  Normal is 60-100.  Felt like my heart was vibrating.  On blood thiners and a couple of other drugs to avoid stroke.  

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

I had a-fib in January.  Heart rate was 170.  Normal is 60-100.  Felt like my heart was vibrating.  On blood thiners and a couple of other drugs to avoid stroke.  

How did you discover this?

2 minutes ago, Irv said:

Can you have issues if your heart is below the normal range?  I'm currently in the 50's.  

I had a rare infection about 10 years ago where my heartrate was at around 130....I lost a lot of weight.  The doctors put me on beta blockers before I heart was normal.

31 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I get that it’s a natural response to be curious but honestly what makes anyone think the Pegulas owe the fan base medical details?  And yes people are going to speculate any time there are blanks left to fill in but It’s possible to do this in ones own mind and leave the dart throwing off a message board.

On the flip I doubt the Pegulas are reading this particular thread but I suppose one never knows.  I’m sure Twitter rumors yesterday  made it impossible for the family to leave things completely unaddressed but they asked for privacy at the outset probably because they wanted………..wait for it……..privacy.  Yesterday they shut down the rumors and stayed 100% consistent with their original request for privacy.  

The Pegulas are important to Buffalo and the fans.  The fans and Buffalo are also important to the Pegulas but it shouldn’t really be too much to ask that fan curiosity not outweigh private family matters of the highest importance.  It’s not much of a favor to ask really.

I get that a guy that doesn’t know the difference between pedaling and peddling might not be a perfect messenger, but the message is more important.  Stopping the silliness in this thread probably won’t move any needles given the size of Twitter but it wouldn’t hurt either.

Well, just for conversation's sake, I'll disagree.  

Like pretty much all of us, I'm tremendously worried for Kim.   For Bills fans, the Bills are family, and Kim's the momma.  I'm not saying that's right or wrong or whatever, but that's the way it is.  We care about her like she's our family.  It's irrational, I know, but we do. 

Beyond that, she's a public figure.  She operates in a world where her actions and behaviors are reported and publicly known.  I'm not saying that's right or wrong, either, but that's the way it is.  Public figures simply cannot have the same expectations of privacy that everyone else has, and they have to work very hard to keep their private lives from becoming public.   Lots of people want to be famous, and one of the common complaints of people who have become famous is the loss of privacy.  

In that environment, I thought it was odd that the family would put out an announcement that Kim was being treated, ask for privacy, and then say nothing for however long it was.  Obviously, the family can choose to do whatever it wants - either be public about the fact that she's ill and seek to keep that information confidential.  But once they've decided they're going to make it public, it doesn't work very well then to say nothing.   That doesn't mean that once they've gone public they have to give hourly or daily updates, but I think it does mean that once they've gone public without giving details, they at least have to say something every few days, even if what they say continues to give no details.  When I say "they have to say," I don't mean there's any legal requirement; I just mean that for public figures, it's an unfair thing to do to the hundreds of thousands of people who have been made anxious and concerned by the first announcement.   

Look at Bruce Willis.  In March, his family announced that he had aphasia and is retired.   In that situation, they gave enough information for most reasonable people to understand that he has a serious problem, we know what it is, and we can read about it and make our own conclusions about his future.  We understand that it's time to back off and leave the guy alone.   In Kim's case, they haven't done any of that yet, which leaves the public hanging and worrying, and as evidenced by this thread, speculating.   That doesn't mean that the Pegulas have to give details; it just means that if they're not going to give details, they need to say something every few days or week to help us deal with our anxiety.   I'm just saying I think they waited too long to make the second announcement.  

Particularly because Kim feels like family.  Imagine that your father called and said your mother was in the ICU but she wants you to respect her privacy, so he's not giving you any more information.    Imagine he doesn't tell you any more for two weeks.   Sure, I get that Kim's NOT my mother, but that doesn't change the fact she feels like my mother, or my wife, or my daughter (ah, the fantasies!).  Whether she likes it or not, her position as a public figure has created those feelings.  It would be different of course, if she was a traditional 19th century wife, outside the public eye - nobody ever paid a lot of attention to Mrs. Wilson all those years, because it was clear that Ralph was the owner and she was just his wife.   But Kim took on a much different role, and once she does that, she occupies space in the minds of Bills fans that causes us to become upset when they announce she's been hospitalized.  

I'm thrilled she's improving, and so long as I know that, I don't need to know the details.   However, if I were their public relations guy, I would tell them not to wait so long to make another statement.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

If not requested yet, I think it’s about time for a poll on what her condition might be.