BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing?

image.thumb.jpeg.eb7d9722922e1f08f83f8e8d76426d9c.jpeg

This is the silliest argument on this issue.   Men and women collectively vote for the rules that govern all. 

In states with liberal abortion laws, the laws typically do not offer unrestricted abortion access from conception to birth, though obviously some advocate for that option.  Some have advocated for termination up to and beyond birth as you well know. 

One of the common refrains of the Pro Choice community is about pregnancy that results from sexual assault and/or *****.   If the issue is ultimately about complete autonomy and a woman’s right to choose, why saddle a patient with the need to disclose such a traumatic event to anyone?  

For many reasonable pro choice people, it’s freedom of choice…to a point. 

As far as I am concerned, I won’t take a place in the corner with you if you feel you don’t have a write to speak or vote.  That just makes you of weak character, and I’m not interested in that.  

At the same time, I recognize that decisions that impact me personally—from my own health choices to the fruits of my labor—are determined in large part by the votes of all citizens, many of whom are women.  That’s not bad always, or good always, it just is.  

Finally, I’m a pro-choice conservative who has simply acknowledged what we all know is true.  Roe v Wade is problematic and creates chaos and tension each time it comes up.  Of Roe V Wade wasn’t problematic—something that could have been fixed in the last 50 years—we wouldn’t be having this discussion. 

Suggesting that the issue simply remains status quo deprives women (specifically) a seat at the table when it comes to abortion.  A women who is pro-life may well have something to offer and may well choose to share her voice in the ballot box.  

Tibs has an old school male attitude and he’s trapped in a new age body.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the silliest argument on this issue.   Men and women collectively vote for the rules that govern all. 

In states with liberal abortion laws, the laws typically do not offer unrestricted abortion access from conception to birth, though obviously some advocate for that option.  Some have advocated for termination up to and beyond birth as you well know. 

One of the common refrains of the Pro Choice community is about pregnancy that results from sexual assault and/or *****.   If the issue is ultimately about complete autonomy and a woman’s right to choose, why saddle a patient with the need to disclose such a traumatic event to anyone?  

As far as I am concerned, I won’t take a place in the corner with you if you feel you don’t have a write to speak or vote.  That just makes you of weak character, and I’m not interested in that.  

At the same time, I recognize that decisions that impact me personally—from my own health choices to the fruits of my labor—are determined in large part by the votes of all citizens, many of whom are women.  That’s not bad always, or good always, it just is.  

Finally, I’m a pro-choice conservative who has simply acknowledged what we all know is true.  Roe v Wade is problematic and creates chaos and tension each time it comes up.  Of Roe V Wade wasn’t problematic—something that could have been fixed in the last 50 years—we wouldn’t be having this discussion. 

Suggesting that the issue simply remains status quo deprives women (specifically) a seat at the table when it comes to abortion.  A women who is pro-life may well have something to offer and may well choose to share her voice in the ballot box.  

We could have woman make laws for women but since the incoming Justice has no clue how to define one….women are SCREWED! 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We could have woman make laws for women but since the incoming Justice has no clue how to define one….women are SCREWED! 

Well maybe once she figures it out, instead of the passive-aggressive argument that men shouldn’t have a say on anything women-specific, she should introduce a grass roots movement to segregate the vote to concerned parties only.  

51 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Where have I advocated for unrestricted abortion?

And how the F can a woman have an abortion after the child is born? Seriously - what a pathetic talking point.

And yes - men shouldn’t be passing laws that manage a woman's uterus. I’ll pay attention to men when they pass a law mandating vasectomies - but that will never happen because this is not about infants - it’s about control; divide and political wins because your party can’t produce anything meaningful except tax cuts for the rich.

2 hours ago, 716er said:

That middle ground is Roe. Over 70% of Americans are behind that decision.

Alito’s ruling is what most people want on abortion

by Timothy P. Carney

The Supreme Court may finally overturn Roe v. Wade and uphold Mississippi’s abortion law, banning almost all abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

The news media and the Democrats want you to think this is an extreme position. It’s not. On both questions, Mississippi’s abortion law and the substance of Roe v. Wade, the draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito represents the majority view of U.S. residents.

Begin with the law in question here: Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban. A very recent YouGov poll on abortion found that 21% would ban all abortions, an additional 20% would ban abortions after a heartbeat is detected (six weeks), another 13% would ban them after the first trimester (13 weeks), and an additional 10% would ban abortion after 15 weeks — which is what Mississippi does.

Add it together, and it means that 64% of people in the United States believe Mississippi’s law is either the right call or too liberal on abortion. To uphold this law is to side with the opinion of nearly two-thirds of America on abortion policy.

But Alito’s opinion wouldn’t end there. He would strike down Roe and thus return abortion to the states and to the democratic realm of lawmaking. Not everything should be subject to democracy, of course, which is why we have a Bill of Rights. But is it extreme to say, as Alito does, that abortion law shouldn’t be determined by the Supreme Court?

whosetslaw.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alitos-ruling-is-what-most-americans-want-on-abortion

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Timothy P. Carney

The Supreme Court may finally overturn Roe v. Wade and uphold Mississippi’s abortion law, banning almost all abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

The news media and the Democrats want you to think this is an extreme position. It’s not. On both questions, Mississippi’s abortion law and the substance of Roe v. Wade, the draft opinion by Justice Samuel Alito represents the majority view of U.S. residents.

Begin with the law in question here: Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban. A very recent YouGov poll on abortion found that 21% would ban all abortions, an additional 20% would ban abortions after a heartbeat is detected (six weeks), another 13% would ban them after the first trimester (13 weeks), and an additional 10% would ban abortion after 15 weeks — which is what Mississippi does.

Add it together, and it means that 64% of people in the United States believe Mississippi’s law is either the right call or too liberal on abortion. To uphold this law is to side with the opinion of nearly two-thirds of America on abortion policy.

But Alito’s opinion wouldn’t end there. He would strike down Roe and thus return abortion to the states and to the democratic realm of lawmaking. Not everything should be subject to democracy, of course, which is why we have a Bill of Rights. But is it extreme to say, as Alito does, that abortion law shouldn’t be determined by the Supreme Court?

whosetslaw.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alitos-ruling-is-what-most-americans-want-on-abortion

Tim, thanks for your opinion for a right wing rag. 

Meanwhile - yea let’s send it back to the states:

32 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Where have I advocated for unrestricted abortion?

I have no idea, but it’s Friday Funday and you could be day drinking. I’ll go with…

What is Topeka, Kansas.   Final answer. 

And how the F can a woman have an abortion after the child is born?

I know, it’s crazy right? But in the world of abortion/reproductive rights, people lose their minds, don’t they? 

Seriously - what a pathetic talking point. 

If you don’t like to dance, don’t go to a ho-down. 

And yes - men shouldn’t be passing laws that manage a woman's uterus. I’ll pay attention to men when they pass a law mandating vasectomies - but that will never happen because this is not about infants - it’s about control; divide and political wins because your party can’t produce anything meaningful except tax cuts for the rich.

You’re doubling down on dumb here, BillSy.  I think you get all flustered when discussing areas of the anatomy typically covered by a bathing suit. 

Be that as it may, you are well within your rights to abdicate your right to an opinion and to sit quietly in the back while other, better people file in to cast their vote.   

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I have no idea, but it’s Friday Funday and you could be day drinking. I’ll go with…

What is Topeka, Kansas.   Final answer. 

I know, it’s crazy right? But in the world of abortion/reproductive rights, people lose their minds, don’t they? 

If you don’t like to dance, don’t go to a ho-down. 

You’re doubling down on dumb here, BillSy.  I think you get all flustered when discussing areas of the anatomy typically covered by a bathing suit. 

Be that as it may, you are well within your rights to abdicate your right to an opinion and to sit quietly in the back while other, better people file in to cast their vote.   

Why shouldn't men be forced to have vasectomies?  If you're trying to limit abortion this is the place to start.

If you're going to force women to carry a fetus beyond her will even in the case of death, rape or ***** - why shouldn't we nip this in the bud and pass laws that place responsibility right AT THE SOURCE?

Keep spinning away from men having any culpability in this...

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well maybe once she figures it out, instead of the passive-aggressive argument that men shouldn’t have a say on anything women-specific, she should introduce a grass roots movement to segregate the vote to concerned parties only. 

I'm struggling to find any Men's issues that women are not allowed to comment on.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

by Timothy P. Carney

whosetslaw.jpg

hmm

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Why shouldn't men be forced to have vasectomies?  If you're trying to limit abortion this is the place to start.

If you're going to force women to carry a fetus beyond her will even in the case of death, rape or ***** - why shouldn't we nip this in the bud and pass laws that place responsibility right AT THE SOURCE?

Keep spinning away from men having any culpability in this...

You’re approaching hysteria today.   I’m not forcing anyone to do anything.  I am actually encouraging you to continue on your on your journey of  voluntary emasculation when it comes to this and any issue involving women.  

Feel free to start now.  

In your example, the reality is that vasectomies don’t guarantee a pregnancy won’t occur, and vasectomies can be reversed.  I’m actually embarrassed to have to teach you things you should have learned long before this.  

If you’re going to ride a slow horse in a fast race, you’ll want to advocate for mandatory castration.  Of course, being squeamish about having opinions, you’ll want the vote to limited to men only. 

Good luck to you sir.  

To reiterate, I support a woman’s right to choose to terminate a pregnancy.  

I also support every person’s right to vote, even the scaredy-cats like you.  

On the federal level, write the law so the law sticks.  

On the state level, discuss, debate, and resolve based on the will of the people.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Some folks like Billsy are so convinced that they have no right to an opinion that they’ll scream that opinion at the top of their lungs.  

Oh - I have an opinion - you just don’t like it.

Women have a right to privacy and make choices about their body - no male should be passing laws making choices for women without taking responsibility for their role in the process.

I’m sorry you feel so emasculated for being told to get a vasectomy.

I’m sure you feel all manly imposing your beliefs on others:

image.thumb.jpeg.9575289c7cd17d50dfe9f1104f8f25cc.jpeg

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh - I have an opinion - you just don’t like it.

Women have a right to privacy and make choices about their body - no male should be passing laws making choices for women without taking responsibility for their role in the process.

I’m sorry you feel so emasculated for being told to get a vasectomy.

I’m sure you feel all manly imposing your beliefs on others:

image.thumb.jpeg.9575289c7cd17d50dfe9f1104f8f25cc.jpeg

So your solution to the issue it to end the human race? Okie Dokie…seems a bit extreme, but you’re entitled to your opinion I guess. Both you and Joy Behar. 

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So your solution to the issue it to end the human race? Okie Dokie…seems a bit extreme, but you’re entitled to your opinion I guess. Both you and Joy Behar. 

Oh no - the vasectomy can be reversed when you can prove you are ready to be a father and the government sees you as fit - duh.

lmao - idiots 

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh no - the vasectomy can be reversed when you can prove you are ready to be a father and the government sees you as fit - duh.

lmao - idiots 

Good to know

Will Mary Poppins head this new social engineering agency too? She’s the expert of the week, right?

On 5/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Good to know

Will Mary Poppins head this new social engineering agency too? She’s the expert of the week, right?

So you’re ok with states passing laws controlling women and placing bounties on anyone who has/assists w an abortion but we couldn’t possibly impose anything on men, right?

Edited by BillStime

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So you’re ok with states passing laws controlling women and placing bounties on anyone who has/assists w an abortion but we couldn’t possibly impose anything on men, right?

foh

Not sure what you’re prattling on about now but every day you’re becoming a more  ridiculous person. 

• Agree 1