BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

53 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

First, I agree with you on the band name.  100% score.  I fear, however, when naming a household pet "Moloch" you open the door to potential liability when/if that dog chomps on a passerby or the Amazon guy in one of those silly tiny-package vans mocked by UPS drivers everywhere.   

I won't argue polls and numbers.  Booooorrrr-RING.  When I dig into these numbers, or any numbers, I'm struck by how freaking difficult it is to find out where people stand on this issue.  Lots of folks are 'pro-choice', obviously, though to what point?  3 months. 4 months. 6 months. 9 months?    Whenevs?  

It seems to me that regardless of how this all plays out, someone in authority always has their fingers in the abortion pie.  Someone is always limiting choice (again, except for those who support unconditional no questions asked abortion until birth).   The real question seems to boil down to where choice begins, and where it ends. 

So, on moral imperatives.   I may be on a different side of the political spectrum, but I think you're correct that where the outcome of the election is concerned, education and branding is critical.  If you allow the opponent to establish the messaging, you lose.   

I'm not convinced that abortion will be the end game here some dems have suggested it is.  I believe that while it's a hot button issue, before voters start worrying about someone else's problem, they worry about their own problems first.  It makes sense to me, a simple enough fellow, that people who don't care about the outcome of a pregnancy one way or the other probably don't care much about the impact on the person who is pregnant so long as it's not them.

So, my thought would be the Rs should focus on disinformation on Roe V Wade generally, elevate Pro-Life Women to deliver that message, and move on.  From there, it's all about Branding the Brandon and all the bad $%$# going on with the Dem party today:

• Inflation;
  • Crime;
  • Gas Prices;
  • Supply chain issues;
  • Crazy green energy plans and the impact on people's lives;
  • Ineptitude on Russia and the Afghanistan withdrawal;
  • Das Truth Commission;
  • Market volatility and consumer confidence;
  • The ever-present specter of the stolen election;

We'll see soon enough.  Shout out to my friend @muppy for wading back into the PPP fray. Good to have some strong chick* voices in the house. 

(*yeah, I said chick voices.  My body, my fingers attached thereto, my laptop, my font, my rules)*

YOUR COJONES GRANDES u mean homeboy

lmaooo

Mercy I appreciate the invite but I gave up stress for Lent...wait we had Easter already, MOTHERS DAY that's the ticket. oh wait............

lol oh my you know I just call things as I see them. But me being here just occasionally is best trust me.  I like my role as the PPP pipsqueak hahahaa...... You I read/follow here because your fun to chat with and you're smaaht, and our homegurl who graces us  with her presence occasionally she is a chat badass.  And I would learn a lot here to be honest. But then there's that mup is a lover not a politico, I'll pipsqueak in when Ive something to say.

hasta la vista 🙂 NICE TRY though Leo u crack me UP

lol-m

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

From there, it's all about Branding the Brandon and all the bad $%$# going on with the Dem party today:

• Inflation;
  • Crime;
  • Gas Prices;
  • Supply chain issues;
  • Crazy green energy plans and the impact on people's lives;
  • Ineptitude on Russia and the Afghanistan withdrawal;
  • Das Truth Commission;
  • Market volatility and consumer confidence;
  • The ever-present specter of the stolen election

This was the GQP strategy all along and has not and will not change regardless of RvW.

Notice what’s missing - any message about what the GQP brings to the table and highlighting any meaningful GQP accomplishments.

Funny you didn’t mention the culture wars the cult is inciting on America:

CRT?

Anti-LGTBQ hate bills?

Voting rights suppression?

Because you know those are fake and manufactured and only work on the ignorant and insecure base.

You also fail to acknowledge what is next after the SC kills RvW:

Birth control

Gay Marriage

Interracial Marriage

Federal Ban on Abortion

In turn, the GQP just ignited a tsunami of support on the left and swing voters and will most certainly make the mid terms less of a given for the right.

Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This was the GQP strategy all along and has not and will not change regardless of RvW.

Notice what’s missing - any message about what the GQP brings to the table and highlighting any meaningful GQP accomplishments.

Funny you didn’t mention the culture wars the cult is inciting on America:

CRT?

Anti-LGTBQ hate bills?

Voting rights suppression?

Because you know those are fake and manufactured and only work on the ignorant and insecure base.

You also fail to acknowledge what is next after the SC kills RvW:

Birth control

Gay Marriage

Interracial Marriage

Federal Ban on Abortion

In turn, the GQP just ignited a tsunami of support on the left and swing voters and will most certainly make the mid terms less of a given for the right.

Thank you! 

BillSy, you're a bigger Q-style conspiracist than any true believer could ever hope to be,  but in essence you made my point. 

You've spun wildly all over the page from Roe V Wade to compulsory vasectomies to now birth control, marriage and whatever other tabloid stories you seem able to consume, and your appetite is ravenous.   You're the poster child for "demonizing the other guy" political branding.  Your latest post sounds to me like it was written by a crazy haired professor locked in the basement of a liberal think-tank somewhere in middle America. 

I will do what I always do in these situations.  I acknowledge that there may well be a tsunami of backlash from liberals and left-leaning supporters to carry the day at the mid-terms.  I have never--not once here, or in person---suggested, remarked or opined that 2022 is a done deal.  I wouldn't do that.   Too much landscape yet to cover, too many things can happen, and the fact is that people will vote over their own long term interests in exchange for cash in hand now (see College Debt, Evaporated as if by Magic!).  

Your post reveals the obvious truth:  Negative branding works quite well.    

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

At least 10% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. That estimate is low, many women don't realize they were pregnant and miscarried.

If human zygotes = a human child, miscarriage is the #1 killer of children bar none. If i believed in god, i'd probably be pretty pissed off at him about that, who else to blame for such a colossal amount of murder and atrocity? And we should probably pour massive amounts of $$ into miscarriage research and support for women, preventing miscarriage should be a top priority.

Let's go further:

38 minutes ago, muppy said:

YOUR COJONES GRANDES u mean homeboy

lmaooo

Mercy I appreciate the invite but I gave up stress for Lent...wait we had Easter already, MOTHERS DAY that's the ticket. oh wait............

lol oh my you know I just call things as I see them. But me being here just occasionally is best trust me.  I like my role as the PPP pipsqueak hahahaa...... You I read/follow here because your fun to chat with and you're smaaht, and our homegurl who graces us  with her presence occasionally she is a chat badass.  And I would learn a lot here to be honest. But then there's that mup is a lover not a politico, I'll pipsqueak in when Ive something to say.

hasta la vista 🙂 NICE TRY though Leo u crack me UP

lol-m

I wasn't trying to have you engage, I saw you posted up thread (or in the other thread on this issue) last night and was surprised.  I had started off asking for more feedback from you about what "Pro Choice" meant in your world.  I think we might agree on what that might look like, but then scrapped it because you are the self-proclaimed  PPPipsqueak and I understand it's not your favorite place on the board.  

Sincerely, I was not trying to draw you in, I was just acknowledging the voice you bring to the discussion.  

Seriously, these arrogant judges make it so people can harass women and then going crying to their mothers that people are harassing them? 

The arrogance of the right is disgusting. Bunch of F'n scum bags. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So, you don't want to highlight any meaningful GQP accomplishments?

Why is that?

lmao

Because it had nothing to do with the post I sent.  

If you think about it, there’s lots of stuff I didn’t include  that I could have:

Strawberries have seeds on the outside. 

The Kentucky Derby, wow! Exciting! 

I wasn’t a fan of disco, but I wish I learned to dance. 

Pay Attention, Buttinski. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Because it had nothing to do with the post I sent.  

If you think about it, there’s lots of stuff I didn’t include  that I could have:

Strawberries have seeds on the outside. 

The Kentucky Derby, wow! Exciting! 

I wasn’t a fan of disco, but I wish I learned to dance. 

Pay Attention, Buttinski. 

Cuz the cult has nothing

28 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I wasn't trying to have you engage, I saw you posted up thread (or in the other thread on this issue) last night and was surprised.  I had started off asking for more feedback from you about what "Pro Choice" meant in your world.  I think we might agree on what that might look like, but then scrapped it because you are the self-proclaimed  PPPipsqueak and I understand it's not your favorite place on the board.  

Sincerely, I was not trying to draw you in, I was just acknowledging the voice you bring to the discussion.  

lol awwww well since u put it that way. 🙂 I'll give me opinion if asked that's different.  My walls go up in this kind of environment and Im not one who really likes debating...thats all. Pro Choice for me means to be able to make decisions regarding my body and my life in regards to pregancy . Not the governments business what I decide in My life inside of My Body. I am a Christian. This is a very difficult topic. I personally do not perceive an embryo and sperm uniting is a viable life. Now late term is a whole different kettle of fish ...If an embryo is viable to survive outside of the womb then my opinion is That is a Life that should not be aborted lawfully or otherwise.  It is a very personal issue. How many of you all whom post here can get pregnant? How'd you like me telling you you MUST do with YOUR body.............

smh   

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, muppy said:

lol awwww well since u put it that way. 🙂 I'll give me opinion if asked that's different.  My walls go up in this kind of environment and Im not one who really likes debating...thats all. Pro Choice for me means to be able to make decisions regarding my body and my life in regards to pregancy . Not the governments business what I decide in My life inside of My Body. I am a Christian. This is a very difficult topic. I personally do not perceive an embryo and sperm uniting is a viable life. Now late term is a whole different kettle of fish ...If an embryo is viable to survive outside of the womb then my opinion is That is a Life that should not be aborted lawfully or otherwise.  It is a very personal issue. How many of you all whom post here can get pregnant? How'd you like me telling you you MUST do with YOUR body.............

smh   

I agree with you about control of your own body but we've already established the precedent and "right" of government to tell us what to do with the imposition of vaccine mandates through agency and executive orders and coercion of private businesses to threaten non-compliers with termination of employment.  So that point might be moot.  But read the COVID mandate threads and the same people posting here screaming about the right to choose also expressed the idea that it was okay to force people to take an experimental vaccine or else.  

My view.  I think the women's right to choose should be protected but at some point on the 9 month continuum of pregnancy the "rights" of the child need to be brought into the conversation.  At what point that is?  I'm not medically or otherwise qualified to decide and I suggest neither are most of the morons and idiots yelling in the streets and harassing Supreme Court justices at their residences.     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

So, you don't want to highlight any meaningful GQP accomplishments?

Why is that?

lmao

Government isn't an accomplishment 

Securing freedom and allowing the dynamics for prosperity are the accomplishments 

So Democrats - start running off the CCP accomplishments - especially the last 2 years...

Go........

I'll start:  

107038473-1648580685983-gas.jpg?v=165188

Screenshot_20220509-174335_MarketWatch.jpg

e28e0d797e46180a715f6a9245fee43ca9-kids-

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, muppy said:

smh   

Don’t shake your head at me Playa, I believe in a woman’s right to choose, up to a point in the pregnancy where things transition from medical procedure to… ghoulish.  (Sexual assault, woman’s life at risk is another issue entirely). 

The way I see it, you and I see things the same way.  

In the end, we agree that at some point during a pregnancy, choice should perhaps no longer be an option.  Now you may say, with hesitation due to your Christian faith…”Ugh, I don’t like it, but the law has to be clear that a woman can abort up to the time a baby is born”.   I might feel the law has to address things by 3 or 4 months, but fundamentally, we have the same general view about abortion.

As for pregnancy and govt telling people what they can and cannot do with their bodies,  that ship has long since sailed.   The reality is the govt has all sorts of rules on bodily autonomy.  

In fact, once a child is born, there are all sorts of rules and regulations about what a man must do financially to support the child.  I think the ultimate measure of a man (or one of several key metrics) is how he treats his children.   I support those laws generally, but they sort of date back to the patriarchal days of old, no?  Why is a man compelled to support a child he may have not wanted?  Who is the govt to dictate terms that go against the free will of a human in that case?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Government isn't an accomplishment 

Securing freedom and allowing the dynamics for prosperity are the accomplishments 

So Democrats - start running off the CCP accomplishments - especially the last 2 years...

Go........

Government isn't an accomplishment but you Trumpys still claim Trump managed the BEST ECONOMY EVER; yet - he left the country in worst shape than how he received it.  Indisputable.

So, no GQP accomplishments?

Got it.

Who's next?

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Government isn't an accomplishment but you Trumpys still claim Trump managed the BEST ECONOMY EVER; yet - he left the country in worst shape than how he received it.  Indisputable.

So, no GQP accomplishments?

Got it.

Who's next?

You dope.  Economy does not equal government.  

But yes, he didn't micromanage the economy to its boom.  

Credit to him.  As always with Presidents.

How's Brandon doing?

No accomplishments?  We're out of baby formula?   

"The baby formula supply problem is getting worse."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/08/business/baby-formula-shortage/index.html

Who's next?   

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You dope.  Economy does not equal government.  

But yes, he didn't micromanage the economy to its boom.  

Credit to him.  As always with Presidents.

How's Brandon doing?

No accomplishments?  We're out of baby formula?   

"The baby formula supply problem is getting worse."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/08/business/baby-formula-shortage/index.html

Who's next?   

Um, lmao - you start your reply with economy <> government and you end your reply with Brandon and baby formula shortages?

smfh

Biden has done an incredible job on the things that he CAN control.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Um, lmao - you start your reply with economy <> government and you end your reply with Brandon and baby formula shortages?

smfh

Biden has done an incredible job on the things that he CAN control.

Like what 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1