BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

51 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Not nearly enough when it comes to miscarriage, no great push for it either. I mean a MAJOR push for the likely 1 million human zygotes lost in the usa alone every year. And i meant support for women during pregnancy, to minimize miscarriages. Yes mental health support is helpful and needed and that's good, but preventing miscarriage would be better.

And if god is real, and human zygotes are innocent children, he is the single most prolific abortionist in existence by far.  what shall be done with this scourge of humanity?

I don’t share your perspective.

I suppose if I did I’d wonder why the medical industrial complex allows this scourge to perpetuate. Money, I’d bet, if I did. 

Don’t even get me started on male pattern baldness if that’s the next great mystery brought to the table. 

1 hour ago, dickleyjones said:

even if we can't explain it - shouldn't we be working our asses off to prevent it? miscarriage accounts for 1/4 to 1/3 of all deaths in the USA every year, if human zygotes = human being.

"We" have been.

• Like (+1) 1

DOJ silent on abortion protests at justices' homes despite federal law prohibiting 'pickets' to influence case

There have been no arrests of abortion activists despite federal law prohibiting protests with intent to influence a court case

Federal U.S. code 1507, states that any individual who "pickets or parades" with the "intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer" near a U.S. court or "near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer" will be fined, or "imprisoned not more than one year, or both." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-silent-abortion-protests-justices-homes-federal-law-prohibiting-pickets-influence-case

hmmm

28 minutes ago, ALF said:

DOJ silent on abortion protests at justices' homes despite federal law prohibiting 'pickets' to influence case

There have been no arrests of abortion activists despite federal law prohibiting protests with intent to influence a court case

Federal U.S. code 1507, states that any individual who "pickets or parades" with the "intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer" near a U.S. court or "near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer" will be fined, or "imprisoned not more than one year, or both." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-silent-abortion-protests-justices-homes-federal-law-prohibiting-pickets-influence-case

hmmm

Well, what we have currently is the law enforcement arm of the Federal government functioning as an extension of the ruling political party which gives a pass to legal transgressions by supporters but punishes the opposition for similar actions or speech.    

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

even if we can't explain it - shouldn't we be working our asses off to prevent it? miscarriage accounts for 1/4 to 1/3 of all deaths in the USA every year, if human zygotes = human being.

What? A miscarriage is a natural occurrence, often because something is wrong with pregnancy. You want to prevent them? Can this get any more ridiculous?!!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What? A miscarriage is a natural occurrence, often because something is wrong with pregnancy. You want to prevent them? Can this get any more ridiculous?!!

He thinks he’s being clever. Best to ignore him.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Honest Question:

What's the point of this message board if you're only going to talk with people who agree with you? 

I get it. But why bother talking to someone who consistently lies? There are other people I would rather talk to then the programmed cult of the radical left.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

"Natural"? What do you think that means?

Plenty of miscarriages are preventable, who knows how many though since we dont put many resources into research in that area.

And we also dont know how many miscarriages go unnoticed, the estimate is very high. 

Go ahead call it ridiculous, it just makes you sound uninformed. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Honest Question:

What's the point of this message board if you're only going to talk with people who agree with you? 

i agree, and am definitely open to discussing things.

westside wants to call me a liar and refer to me as a "cult radical" but i am not that. and of course he has zero evidence of such. i'm certainly not entreched on a "side" although i'm sure you would consider me more left than right (being canadian that's kind of the default anyways compared to usa). i think there are insane people of all political leanings.

5 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

We will have to disagree on that. 

You can disagree all you want.  I'm in the medical field.  I know they've been doing all they can to improve fetal (meaning 8 weeks+, since prior to that few know they're pregnant, much less had a spontaneous abortion) survivability.  But just like with other diseases, there's only so much one can do.

BTW, I realize what you said started-off as satire.  But I had to jump in to correct your untruths.

Edited by Doc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

"Natural"? What do you think that means?

Plenty of miscarriages are preventable, who knows how many though since we dont put many resources into research in that area.

And we also dont know how many miscarriages go unnoticed, the estimate is very high. 

Go ahead call it ridiculous, it just makes you sound uninformed. 

What? You think the entire medical establishment is purposely ignoring the problem of miscarriages? Sure they are. That makes sense. Again…ridiculous! 

14 hours ago, Doc said:

You can disagree all you want.  I'm in the medical field.  I know they've been doing all they can to improve fetal (meaning 8 weeks+, since prior to that few know they're pregnant, much less had a spontaneous abortion) survivability.  But just like with other diseases, there's only so much one can do.

BTW, I realize what you said started-off as satire.  But I had to jump in to correct your untruths.

I thought we were talking less than 8 weeks, the point was about human zygotes being equal to a child.