BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Like what 

Successes:

• International coalition to Russia evading Ukraine
    • NATO stronger and more unified than ever much
  • Infrastructure bill

• Something Trump promised was two weeks away for four years and Biden got it done in 10 months of his administration

• $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package 
  • Vaccine roll out
    • Biden came into office with less than 1% of the US population vaccinated. As of early April:
      • 77% of the population have received at least one dose

• 66% of the population are considered fully vaccinated

• Number of federal judges confirmed first year and appointed a Supreme Court judge as promised

• Lowest unemployment rate

• Deficit reduction

• BOOMING job growth

Challenges:

• Inflation
  • Afghanistan withdrawal

Now, your turn - GQP accomplishments... go

lolz

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Seriously, these arrogant judges make it so people can harass women and then going crying to their mothers that people are harassing them? 

The arrogance of the right is disgusting. Bunch of F'n scum bags. 

What's comical is that if the shoe was on the other foot clowns like Schumer and Pelosi would be demanding the President condemn the protesters and label them domestic terrorists that are putting people's lives at risk and along with rhetoric which equates to violence against the justices and their families.  

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What's comical is that if the shoe was on the other foot clowns like Schumer and Pelosi would be demanding the President condemn the protesters and label them domestic terrorists that are putting people's lives at risk and along with rhetoric which equates to violence against the justices and their families.  

The protestors are BREAKING FEDERAL LAW! Start arresting these thugs. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Successes:

• International coalition to Russia evading Ukraine
    • NATO stronger and more unified than ever much

Have we saved Democracy yet?

• Infrastructure bill

• Something Trump promised was two weeks away for four years and Biden got it done in 10 months of his administration

No lib voted to give Trump a "victory."  And after losing the House in 2018 to the Squad - it wasn't going to happen.  You'll be complaining about this happening to sleepy Joe along with your media sycophants come January 2023 - I GUARANTEE the narrative will be "why won't they work with Biden?"

• $1.9 trillion COVID-19 stimulus package 

That's not an accomplishment those are bribes.  

• Vaccine roll out
    • Biden came into office with less than 1% of the US population vaccinated. As of early April:
      • 77% of the population have received at least one dose

• 66% of the population are considered fully vaccinated

Did they use the J & J vaccine?

• Number of federal judges confirmed first year and appointed a Supreme Court judge as promised

She (I'm not sure that's accurate) doesn't know what a woman is.  

• Lowest unemployment rate

• Deficit reduction

• BOOMING job growth

I'm literally laughing.   

Questions (for the 2020 version of Biden):

Has he unified America yet?

Has he restored norms to the White House?

Has he made America respected by its enemies?

How many genders does he think exist?

There isn't a sane human in America that can defend what this imbecile has done.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Have we saved Democracy yet?

No lib voted to give Trump a "victory."  And after losing the House in 2018 to the Squad - it wasn't going to happen.  You'll be complaining about this happening to sleepy Joe along with your media sycophants come January 2023 - I GUARANTEE the narrative will be "why won't they work with Biden?"

That's not an accomplishment those are bribes.  

Did they use the J & J vaccine?

She (I'm not sure that's accurate) doesn't know what a woman is.  

I'm literally laughing.   

Questions (for the 2020 version of Biden):

Has he unified America yet?

Has he restored norms to the White House?

Has he made America respected by its enemies?

How many genders does he think exist?

There isn't a sane human in America that can defend what this imbecile has done.

Still no GQP accomplishments - SHOCKER

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Still no GQP accomplishments - SHOCKER

See Florida, State of 

President DeSantis will be glad to show you what you're sick crew of trash is in for.

They will be shown America is great.

That there are 2 genders.  

And we won't say "f... your freedoms."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

See Florida, State of 

President DeSantis will be glad to show you what you're sick crew of trash is in for.

So no GQP accomplishments - got it.

The Peoples Republik of Florida a success story - lmao

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866sl98vekifomc41pgg

33 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

See Florida, State of 

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don’t shake your head at me Playa, I believe in a woman’s right to choose, up to a point in the pregnancy where things transition from medical procedure to… ghoulish.  (Sexual assault, woman’s life at risk is another issue entirely). 

The way I see it, you and I see things the same way.  

In the end, we agree that at some point during a pregnancy, choice should perhaps no longer be an option.  Now you may say, with hesitation due to your Christian faith…”Ugh, I don’t like it, but the law has to be clear that a woman can abort up to the time a baby is born”.   I might feel the law has to address things by 3 or 4 months, but fundamentally, we have the same general view about abortion.

As for pregnancy and govt telling people what they can and cannot do with their bodies,  that ship has long since sailed.   The reality is the govt has all sorts of rules on bodily autonomy.  

In fact, once a child is born, there are all sorts of rules and regulations about what a man must do financially to support the child.  I think the ultimate measure of a man (or one of several key metrics) is how he treats his children.   I support those laws generally, but they sort of date back to the patriarchal days of old, no? is a man compelled to support a child he may have not wanted?  Who is the govt to dictate terms that go against the free will of a human in that case?    Why

**adjusts my Playa hat**

haha I want the board to realize leo and I are like siblings who like to razz each other its all good. I know there are rules regarding what a father should do by law when they are determined to be a father. I wish there weren't so many single fatherless households and that there weren't so many deadbeat mothers And fathers too  not to be sexually biased. This veers off the discussion  of abortion itself but the aftermath when the child has been born and those ramifications TO that child.

When I read political discourse amigo I see how Black and White political ideologies are. It is a continual battle of who is right and who is wrong. The party system I think used to more amenable to compromise and   more consensus was reached. not  totally based on a political party endorsement. Not so much anymore. The 2 parties in our country literally despise each other. And it isnt even unveiled disgust. Its OPEN. And when you throw such a volatile issue into the mix It is Gonna be UGLY. I'm not some holier than thou person who has all the answers  .... I havent walked in any other persons shoes know what I mean?...I DO understand this is a supreme court issue but I think the proponents and assignments to the court will determine how such landmine issues will be decided. And that to me makes it political

But I think that  late term abortion when a baby could survive if given birth and is aborted to me is Murder. The exact timeline of when  a fetus is viable outside of the womb is beyond my pay grade. But only in a dream scenario would compromises I deem "reasonable" be made between Republican and Democrats. The issue of when true life commences is the crux. I hate the thought of abortion but I dont want to be the person who advocates taking that choice away from a woman.

To reply to your final question   "why is a man compelled to pay for  baby he may not have wanted" because he is the   Father. The baby wasn't made alone. The child didnt ask to be conceived or born. Moms and Dads each have responsibiity for that child. And in a perfect world is wanted by both. I guess the reason for n abortion is as personal as the decision to get one. 

I Do Get it is a supreme court that decides this issue not by political parties. anyway....we'll see what happens. This is just the beginning salvos.

m

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I agree with you about control of your own body but we've already established the precedent and "right" of government to tell us what to do with the imposition of vaccine mandates through agency and executive orders and coercion of private businesses to threaten non-compliers with termination of employment.  So that point might be moot.  But read the COVID mandate threads and the same people posting here screaming about the right to choose also expressed the idea that it was okay to force people to take an experimental vaccine or else.  

My view.  I think the women's right to choose should be protected but at some point on the 9 month continuum of pregnancy the "rights" of the child need to be brought into the conversation.  At what point that is?  I'm not medically or otherwise qualified to decide and I suggest neither are most of the morons and idiots yelling in the streets and harassing Supreme Court justices at their residences.     

we have similar thoughts . Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The protestors are BREAKING FEDERAL LAW! Start arresting these thugs. 

Ha. 

Federal law enforcement is not here to enforce true rule of law. 

Leftists can and will threaten and even employ physical violence against their political opponents and face zero consequences because they own the media and the entire government apparatus. 

This is why I don’t debate. It’s a friend/enemy dichotomy all the way down. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

So no GQP accomplishments - got it.

The Peoples Republik of Florida a success story - lmao

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866sl98vekifomc41pgg

Me:  "Siri, What was the populations of the State of New York, California, and Florida 30 years ago (1990)"

Siri: 

New York:  18 million

California:  29 million

Florida:  12 million

Me:  "What are those States populations today?"

Siri:

New York:  19 million 

California: 39 million (largely illegals)

Florida:  21 million 

Me: "Curious Siri.  What was the population of New York State in 1970?"

Siri:  18 million - essentially New York States population has nearly shrunk in 50 years.  Remarkable.  

Me:  "Oh my goodness.  That's sad.  One more Siri.  Is California gaining or losing a Congressional seat in 2022?"

Siri:  For the first time ever, California is losing a House Seat.  Might I add kind Sir, the trends for lockdown/Deep Blue States and the Democrat Party are extremely disturbing. 

Me:  "I know.  Thank you Siri.  That is all.  I was told its the nice weather people want.  Apparently they think California is the arctic......and think Southern States like Florida or NC or GA or VA or Texas are pleasant and comfortable from June thru oh...mid October."

Have a nice evening Bill.

Edited by Big Blitz

54 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Me:  "Siri, What was the populations of the State of New York, California, and Florida 30 years ago (1990)"

Siri: 

New York:  18 million

California:  29 million

Florida:  12 million

Me:  "What are those States populations today?"

Siri:

New York:  19 million 

California: 39 million (largely illegals)

Florida:  21 million 

Me: "Curious Siri.  What was the population of New York State in 1970?"

Siri:  18 million - essentially New York States population has nearly shrunk in 50 years.  Remarkable.  

Me:  "Oh my goodness.  That's sad.  One more Siri.  Is California gaining or losing a Congressional seat in 2022?"

Siri:  For the first time ever, California is losing a House Seat.  Might I add kind Sir, the trends for lockdown/Deep Blue States and the Democrat Party are extremely disturbing. 

Me:  "I know.  Thank you Siri.  That is all.  I was told its the nice weather people want.  Apparently they think California is the arctic......and think Southern States like Florida or NC or GA or VA or Texas are pleasant and comfortable from June thru oh...mid October."

Have a nice evening Bill.

So, no GQP accomplishments? 

Lord have Mercy....I just heard a news reporter say california to become abortion sanctuary state.  My real time reaction to this was to burst into tears.

I dislike abortion intensely. What Im really hoping is this bluster/talk of any reversal of Roe Vs Wade ends up being so much Hot air .....and if this story does enfold what is really importnt is what then............a reversal you  KNOW isn't going to be peaceful in any way at all....Nope. Women will be navigating within this new law in whatever way they deem serves them best.  What about the abortion pill .....There is so much detail within this subject. Thinking about it is giving me migraine

I just wish for a utopian society where people are RESPONSIBLE with their bodies Male AND Female. What a concept. Kind of like hoping our political parties can tone down the vitriol and do better.....ha.

\

@-@ :-(((((((

Edited by muppy
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, dickleyjones said:

At least 10% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. That estimate is low, many women don't realize they were pregnant and miscarried.

If human zygotes = a human child, miscarriage is the #1 killer of children bar none. If i believed in god, i'd probably be pretty pissed off at him about that, who else to blame for such a colossal amount of murder and atrocity? And we should probably pour massive amounts of $$ into miscarriage research and support for women, preventing miscarriage should be a top priority.

Huh.  

The advances in reproductive health over the decades have been nothing short of amazing.   In addition, the advances in mental health treatments for people who have suffered through that event are amazing as well. 

If you believed in God, your perspective might be different. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Huh.  

The advances in reproductive health over the decades have been nothing short of amazing.   In addition, the advances in mental health treatments for people who have suffered through that event are amazing as well. 

If you believed in God, your perspective might be different. 

Not nearly enough when it comes to miscarriage, no great push for it either. I mean a MAJOR push for the likely 1 million human zygotes lost in the usa alone every year. And i meant support for women during pregnancy, to minimize miscarriages. Yes mental health support is helpful and needed and that's good, but preventing miscarriage would be better.

And if god is real, and human zygotes are innocent children, he is the single most prolific abortionist in existence by far.  what shall be done with this scourge of humanity?

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Not nearly enough when it comes to miscarriage, no great push for it either. I mean a MAJOR push for the likely 1 million human zygotes lost in the usa alone every year. And i meant support for women during pregnancy, to minimize miscarriages. Yes mental health support is helpful and needed and that's good, but preventing miscarriage would be better.

And if god is real, and human zygotes are innocent children, he is the single most prolific abortionist in existence by far.  what shall be done with this scourge of humanity?

6flp95.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

even if we can't explain it - shouldn't we be working our asses off to prevent it? miscarriage accounts for 1/4 to 1/3 of all deaths in the USA every year, if human zygotes = human being.

Try harder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1