BREAKING: SCOTUS to overturn Roe?

On 5/4/2022 at 7:53 PM, SoCal Deek said:

All excellent points.  So go ahead and make that argument at the State House wherever you live. 

And that is why I don't understand all the fuss.  If SCOTUS either overrules or modifies Roe v. Wade then Congress and State legislatures have the power and ability to pass legislation that can be signed by the President or Governors.  And if anybody's got a gripe against a specific State then there's your lesson in democracy in action that lots of posters are pontificating about.  

Plus all the moral and ethical posturing with various scenarios is just avoiding stating what I think is obvious.  And that is..

If somebody is advocating for abortion without any limitations or conditions then what they're really saying is they totally support the women's unconditional right to decide and they place no value on the life or potential life of the child.  That's really it.

And conversely, if they advocating "right to life" and no abortion without exception or condition they value the life of the child and prioritize this life above all personal, medical, or otherwise concerns or desires of the woman.  That's really it. 

I expect, somewhere in the middle is the answer and the position of most women, and dare I suggest men too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

If somebody is advocating for abortion without any limitations or conditions then what they're really saying is they totally support the women's unconditional right to decide and they place no value on the life or potential life of the child.  That's really it.

Now do guns.

24 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Let's do one thing at a time here stay on topic.  Am I right or am I wrong?

"Now do guns."

No you. The right to own firearms is enshrined explicitly in our Constitution. If you want the same for abortion get the ball rolling on an amendment.

The two issues have literally no legal commonality.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Let's do one thing at a time here stay on topic.  Am I right or am I wrong?

The religious right and the cult want you to believe this but VERY few people are advocating for late term abortions unless there are severe fetal abnormalities or the health of the mother is at risk.

Keep fringing! 

7 minutes ago, LeviF said:

"Now do guns."

No you. The right to own firearms is enshrined explicitly in our Constitution. If you want the same for abortion get the ball rolling on an amendment.

The two issues have literally no legal commonality.

I couldn’t find AR-15 in the Constitution… could you?

I couldn’t even find the word Stop Sign in the Constitution but I’m sure you abide by them - aniright?

Republicans in the Louisiana House advanced a bill Wednesday that would classify abortion as homicide and allow prosecutors to criminally charge patients, with supporters citing a draft opinion leaked this week showing the Supreme Court ready to overturn Roe v. Wade.

The legislation, which passed through a committee on a 7-to-2 vote, goes one step further than other antiabortion bans that have gained momentum in recent years, which focus on punishing abortion providers and others who help facilitate the procedure. Experts say the bill could also restrict in vitro fertilization and emergency contraception because it would grant constitutional rights to a person “from the moment of fertilization.”

Will the fetus testify at trial? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/louisiana-republicans-advance-bill-that-would-charge-abortion-as-homicide/ar-AAWX97G

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

In your experience, do homicide victims typically testify at trial?

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I couldn’t find AR-15 in the Constitution… could you?

I couldn’t even find the word Stop Sign in the Constitution but I’m sure you abide by them - aniright?

Yes, I could.

And yes, I do. Because my state has passed a law mandating that I stop at them, as is their right under the 10th Amendment since, as you say, stop signs aren't in the Constitution.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

In your experience, do homicide victims typically testify at trial?

Yes, I could.

And yes, I do. Because my state has passed a law mandating that I stop at them, as is their right under the 10th Amendment since, as you say, stop signs aren't in the Constitution.

Can you point out explicitly where it says AR-15?

Pro-Life Women Are Here - in Numbers Too Big to Ignore

56375ecd-17dc-4396-92d5-627b49afe1ec-450

Her remarks stood out to me and got me to thinking about the way this debate is almost always framed. It’s women versus men/the patriarchy. Or women, the oppressed minority, standing up and fighting/roaring back. I’ve lost track of the number of “Hear me roar!”-type posts I saw from women in the pro-choice/pro-abortion camp after this decision.

The premise outright ignores the millions of women who are pro-life, who welcome the overturning of Roe and Casey, and who support legislation restricting — if not outright banning — abortion in their states. I did a quick look-see on the stats.

That’s a lot of women. But somehow, their voices, their support for life, are utterly discounted in this conversation. It’s as if they — we — don’t exist. But we do. In every state. In some states, we’re in the minority, and that means even if our voices are heard/acknowledged, they’re not enough to get laws restricting abortion enacted. Just as in some states, we’re in the majority, and those women who oppose such legislation won’t get their way. That’s representative democracy in action — and in either case, women have a voice — a vibrant, healthy voice — in it. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2022/05/06/roar-this-pro-life-women-are-here-in-numbers-too-big-to-ignore-n560375

Just now, BillStime said:

Can you point out explicitly where it says AR-15?

Ah, see, now we're playing the motte and bailey again. Nice try, but this is not what I said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

But ya did:

Hm, but see, I responded to a different question. You don't get to change the question and maintain that I have the same answer, or even that the new answer would be relevant to the initial question.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:07 AM, LeviF said:

Hm, but see, I responded to a different question. You don't get to change the question and maintain that I have the same answer, or even that the new answer would be relevant to the initial question.

BILLSTIME:  I couldn’t find AR-15 in the Constitution… could you?

LEVIF: Yes, I could.

Edited by BillStime

Just now, BillStime said:

BILLSTIME:  I couldn’t find AR-15 in the Constitution… could you?

LEVIF: Yes, I could.

foh

And I can.  And again, that's a different question than asking for the location of an "explicit" quotation, isn't it?

Now is you done or is you finished?

On 5/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, Tiberius said:

Murdered? LOL, She was assaulting the capital 

Assaulting…the capital?  Beyond the  obvious “Huh??”…

It seems extreme, the death part, if that’s really your take.  

On the other hand, some kids were vandalizing the local Friendly’s not long ago and shooting them would probably be an effective deterrent. 

Just now, LeviF said:

And I can.  And again, that's a different question than asking for the location of an "explicit" quotation, isn't it?

Now is you done or is you finished?

So, where in the Constitution is the word AR-15?

Your argument is that abortion is not in the Constitution yet neither is AR-15.

Keep spinning... this is fun.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Pro-Life Women Are Here - in Numbers Too Big to Ignore

56375ecd-17dc-4396-92d5-627b49afe1ec-450

Her remarks stood out to me and got me to thinking about the way this debate is almost always framed. It’s women versus men/the patriarchy. Or women, the oppressed minority, standing up and fighting/roaring back. I’ve lost track of the number of “Hear me roar!”-type posts I saw from women in the pro-choice/pro-abortion camp after this decision.

The premise outright ignores the millions of women who are pro-life, who welcome the overturning of Roe and Casey, and who support legislation restricting — if not outright banning — abortion in their states. I did a quick look-see on the stats.

That’s a lot of women. But somehow, their voices, their support for life, are utterly discounted in this conversation. It’s as if they — we — don’t exist. But we do. In every state. In some states, we’re in the minority, and that means even if our voices are heard/acknowledged, they’re not enough to get laws restricting abortion enacted. Just as in some states, we’re in the majority, and those women who oppose such legislation won’t get their way. That’s representative democracy in action — and in either case, women have a voice — a vibrant, healthy voice — in it. 

https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2022/05/06/roar-this-pro-life-women-are-here-in-numbers-too-big-to-ignore-n560375

@Tiberius has declared that he will speak for all

women, especially those confused on what they think. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Assaulting…the capital?  Beyond the  obvious “Huh??”…

It seems extreme, the death part, if that’s really your take.  

On the other hand, some kids were vandalizing the local Friendly’s not long ago and shooting them would probably be an effective deterrent. 

Well, Conald wanted to shoot AMERICAN protestors outside the White House... so, I wouldn't put it past the Cult.