All Gunner's Draft Stuff.... 2022 Edition!!!

GunnerBill

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Awesome stuff Gunner. Which linebacker do you think is the best fit for what we do here? Like in our 4-2-5 base? Like I really like Brandon Smith. I understand why people don’t like him. I like Anderson too. But outside of Lloyd I think it’s kind of pick your flavor. I’d love for you to share some more details on your thoughts on that group. 

It depends really what the Bills want. Troy Anderson reminds me a bit of Edmunds in that you feel physically it is all there, but instincts concern you and he picks the wrong gap a lot against the run. But he has good size and athleticism if the Bills are looking for guys to play that middle zone coverage. I think Smith has the capacity to play in a 4-2-5 similar to what the Bills run but his physicality and his tackling are the drawbacks. He doesn't square his shoulders for contact he just kind of dangles his arms out in the general direction of the offensive player. I can see why Quay Walker has been connected to us as well. I just don't have him graded as high as I think he will go so it becomes a value thing. If he got into the 3rd round I'd be very interested in him.

I do like D'Marco Jackson for us on day 3. App State kid. He remind me of Milano he is a bit undersized but a really good coverage backer who just seems to have a nose for the football. Channing Tindall as well if he gets to day 3 as a result of being overshadowed by some of the other stars at Georgia could be interesting. Got the physical attributes you look for. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Great work and thank you gunner. When you get a chance I would love to hear your take on Tarik Carpenter of Georgia Tech. 6’3”, 230lbs. Played safety! in college. Projected to move to linebacker in the pros. 4.52 40 yard dash.  Other measurable’s impressive. Intangibles reportedly impressive.  What I have read is that he is likely a day 3 pick. He seems to fit the bill (pun intended) of the ideal hybrid safety/LB. I could see him taking on players like Kelce. His athleticism and versatility seem off the charts!

Anyway, what’s your take on him?

Awesome stuff.  As usual. Thanks for the good work that you do. 

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Booth is my favorite CB target. If he's there you grab him.  

Agreed.  The real question is:  if he’s there @ 20 do we move up for him?  

i think the pats are a real player for his services and expect him to be their pick @ 21 if he’s there. Maybe they prefer WR or Lloyd/Dean?  That’s we’d have to hope for.  Booth would be a great fit in NE

3 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

Great work and thank you gunner. When you get a chance I would love to hear your take on Tarik Carpenter of Georgia Tech. 6’3”, 230lbs. Played safety! in college. Projected to move to linebacker in the pros. 4.52 40 yard dash.  Other measurable’s impressive. Intangibles reportedly impressive.  What I have read is that he is likely a day 3 pick. He seems to fit the bill (pun intended) of the ideal hybrid safety/LB. I could see him taking on players like Kelce. His athleticism and versatility seem off the charts!

Anyway, what’s your take on him?

I will be honest I haven't watched him. If I get time before Thurs I will try and find some of his film and see what I think 👍🏻

On 4/23/2022 at 5:30 AM, GunnerBill said:

Penning, Booth and Olave were the three names I had as my Bills round 1 guys in January when I had done a first look at the guys being predicted to go early. Still want one of those three but I think Penning and Olave are long gone

More than likely but i believe we are going to get a stud at one no matter who we pick.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, GunnerBill said:

It depends really what the Bills want. Troy Anderson reminds me a bit of Edmunds in that you feel physically it is all there, but instincts concern you and he picks the wrong gap a lot against the run. But he has good size and athleticism if the Bills are looking for guys to play that middle zone coverage. I think Smith has the capacity to play in a 4-2-5 similar to what the Bills run but his physicality and his tackling are the drawbacks. He doesn't square his shoulders for contact he just kind of dangles his arms out in the general direction of the offensive player. I can see why Quay Walker has been connected to us as well. I just don't have him graded as high as I think he will go so it becomes a value thing. If he got into the 3rd round I'd be very interested in him.

I do like D'Marco Jackson for us on day 3. App State kid. He remind me of Milano he is a bit undersized but a really good coverage backer who just seems to have a nose for the football. Channing Tindall as well if he gets to day 3 as a result of being overshadowed by some of the other stars at Georgia could be interesting. Got the physical attributes you look for. 

How about Chad Muma ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Gunner... thanks for the work you put in here.  I want to ask about a few prospects... if you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts:

Treylon Burks gets a first round grade from you.  It sounds like a wide array of opinions out there on him and he really seems like he fell in the draft process because of testing numbers.  I assume your 1st round grade on him is based purely on his tape.  Do you have concerns about him?  What are they?  How would he fit in with the Bills?

Chad Muma gets a 2nd round grade from you.  He's a guy I know Joe Marina raves about.  Do you think he would be a player to step in for Tremaine in 2023 if we were to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd (you think we could get him in the 3rd?)?  If we did that, what would we get from Muma that would be better than Edmunds and what would the step down be?

What are your thoughts on Dylan Parham?  Do you think he'd be a good fit with Buffalo and when do you think we'd have to draft him?

Cam Taylor-Britt seems to be universally loved by at least all the gurus I listen to, yet he's considered a 3rd round prospect.  What's the deal with that paradox?  How do you feel about him?  How would you feel if we didn't address the CB in round 1 and drafted him in round 2? He seems like a riser, to me.  Or how would you feel about him in the 3rd round?  Why is he a 3rd round prospect rather than a 2nd rounder?

Finally, I see that you rank prospects broadly, but how would your top 5 CBs and WRs look if we asked you to rank them in terms of how they'd fit with Buffalo?

The Bills could benefit with any one of these 5 safeties:

Safety

1. Kyle Hamilton, Norte Dame (1st)

2. Daxton Hill, Michigan (1st)

3. Lewis Cine, Georgia (2nd)

4. Jalen Pitre, Baylor (2nd)

5. Jaquan Brisker, Penn State (2nd)

I would love to know what the medical is on Andrew Booth.

PS No one talks about Booth's knee surgery 2 years ago.   I wonder if that is a concern.

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, intimidatortj said:

The Bills could benefit with any one of these 5 safeties:

Safety

1. Kyle Hamilton, Norte Dame (1st)

2. Daxton Hill, Michigan (1st)

3. Lewis Cine, Georgia (2nd)

4. Jalen Pitre, Baylor (2nd)

5. Jaquan Brisker, Penn State (2nd)

I would love to know what the medical is on Andrew Booth.

PS No one talks about Booth's knee surgery 2 years ago.   I wonder if that is a concern.

I heard Dax interviewed so poorly some teams took him off their board completely. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gunner... thanks for the work you put in here.  I want to ask about a few prospects... if you wouldn't mind sharing your thoughts:

Treylon Burks gets a first round grade from you.  It sounds like a wide array of opinions out there on him and he really seems like he fell in the draft process because of testing numbers.  I assume your 1st round grade on him is based purely on his tape.  Do you have concerns about him?  What are they?  How would he fit in with the Bills?

Chad Muma gets a 2nd round grade from you.  He's a guy I know Joe Marina raves about.  Do you think he would be a player to step in for Tremaine in 2023 if we were to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd (you think we could get him in the 3rd?)?  If we did that, what would we get from Muma that would be better than Edmunds and what would the step down be?

What are your thoughts on Dylan Parham?  Do you think he'd be a good fit with Buffalo and when do you think we'd have to draft him?

Cam Taylor-Britt seems to be universally loved by at least all the gurus I listen to, yet he's considered a 3rd round prospect.  What's the deal with that paradox?  How do you feel about him?  How would you feel if we didn't address the CB in round 1 and drafted him in round 2? He seems like a riser, to me.  Or how would you feel about him in the 3rd round?  Why is he a 3rd round prospect rather than a 2nd rounder?

Finally, I see that you rank prospects broadly, but how would your top 5 CBs and WRs look if we asked you to rank them in terms of how they'd fit with Buffalo?

Treylon Burks - not sure he is a fit for the Bills. The Bills like advanced route runners. They like guys who know how that separate. I imagine the Bills probably have Olave, Wilson, Williams and Dotson as their top 4 guys in some order. But in the right offense I think Burks is going to be a very good NFL player. I doubt he makes it past Green Bay. 

Chad Muma - I think he could play MLB in the Bills scheme. He isn't quite the natural athlete that Tremaine is but he is plenty athletic enough. The question as to whether there would be a drop off might come down to instincts. I like his instincts inside playing the run in the box, but does have a tendency to attack to the wrong gap when faced with stretch plays that attack the outside and with two outside zone offenses in our division - Jets and Dolphins - that would be a small concern. He goes round 2 though IMO. Probably before #57.

Dylan Parham - he was a sleeper earlier in the process. I love him and think he would be a fit with the Bills. He is likely there at #57 but not by #89 so the Bills would either have to take him in the second or move up slightly in the 3rd. 

Cam Taylor-Britt - I think the reason he is a 3rd rounder is he is strictly a zone corner and that limits his value a bit. I think I want to see him improve in reading the Quarterback's eyes and anticipating the throw. His closing speed and tackling are a positive. Developmental corner who would likely be a lower end starting corner in 2022, but who has lots of scope to improve. 

In terms of how I'd guess the Bills have them graded based on what they generally look for - obviously very speculative! 

WR - 1. Olave; 2. Wilson; 3. Williams; 4. Dotson; 5. Watson.

CB - 1. Gardner; 2. Booth; 3. Gordon; 4. McDuffie; 5. Elam.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.