TSW Mock Draft 2.0 Poll - Who should the Bills take at 25?

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 25?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 25?

• Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio St (6)
    • Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (20)
    • Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (23)
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (24)
    • Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St (28
    • David Ojabo, OLB, Michigan (30)
    • Kyler Gordon, DB, Washington (31)
    • Boye Mafe, OLB, Minnesota (32)
    • Quay Walker, ILB, Georgia (35)
    • Christian Harris, LB, Alabama (37)
    • Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn St (38)
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan St (44)
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan (42)
    • Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota St (45)
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St (46)
    • Trade Back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2022 at 03:50 AM

Please vote on who you would like to see the Bills take at #25.

These are the players available based upon our TSW Mock Draft 2.0. 

The poll will remain open until we have 100 votes or a clear winner

***DB Trent McDuffie is available, but not listed in the poll as he was the winner of the Draft 1.0

Edited by Virgil
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Copying and pasting my trade offer as the Seahawks:

We would like to move from #40 to #25. In exchange we will swap our 2nds (#41 for #57) and our 3rds (#72 for #89).

Seahawks end with - #25, #57, #89 (1,195 on the draft value chart)

Bills end with - #40, #41, #72 (1,220 on the draft value chart)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I don't know why Garrett Wilson dropped, but I can't see the Bills passing on him, unless there's something I'm missing here.

If they were to trade back, the Lions would be a perfect team.  I would swap 1st and 2nd round picks with them, as there plenty of great options in the next 10 picks

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Copying and pasting my trade offer as the Seahawks:

We would like to move from #40 to #25. In exchange we will swap our 2nds (#41 for #57) and our 3rds (#72 for #89).

Seahawks end with - #25, #57, #89 (1,195 on the draft value chart)

Bills end with - #40, #41, #72 (1,220 on the draft value chart)

I don't like it.  If the board falls this way, there are too many good players available at 25 who probably won't be there at 40 or 41.

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't know why Garrett Wilson dropped, but I can't see the Bills passing on him, unless there's something I'm missing here.

If they were to trade back, the Lions would be a perfect team.  I would swap 1st and 2nd round picks with them, as there plenty of great options in the next 10 picks

A trade with the Lions would be more interesting...We'd then have two picks in the top 34...

• Agree 1

Trade up try to get 3-4 picks in the first 2 rounds. We have too many picks and most won't make the teams. Best to pick a few cream of the crops b.c they need 2 starters and one of those needs to be above average. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wilson

trade back would be my next inclination if we could end up with 3 picks in the top 57

I know it won't happen, but I would love to see the Bills trade Poyer and Edmunds, trade around to work some magic.  If you got 4 picks in the first two rounds, you could easily walk away with a S, MLB, WR, and DB that are all starting Day 1 and you saved about 20 mil in cap space.  Both MLB's in the first round would be an upgrade over Edmunds IMO, Poyer is always hard for me to grade, but he's not getting any younger and wants more money.  The depth at DB and WR would work itself out in this draft.

I know it's all very Madden-esque, but it's fun to think about

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Trade up try to get 3-4 picks in the first 2 rounds. We have too many picks and most won't make the teams. Best to pick a few cream of the crops b.c they need 2 starters and one of those needs to be above average. 

Trade UP and end up with 3-4 picks in the first 2 rounds?  So trade next years first, second round and 3rd + all of our 3-7 rd picks this year.  That’s what it’ll cost if you want to trade UP even once and still have  4 picks in the first 2 rounds.  

No chance.  Less than zero chance of us having 4 picks in rd 1-2

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I know it won't happen, but I would love to see the Bills trade Poyer and Edmunds, trade around to work some magic.  If you got 4 picks in the first two rounds, you could easily walk away with a S, MLB, WR, and DB that are all starting Day 1 and you saved about 20 mil in cap space.  Both MLB's in the first round would be an upgrade over Edmunds IMO, Poyer is always hard for me to grade, but he's not getting any younger and wants more money.  The depth at DB and WR would work itself out in this draft.

I know it's all very Madden-esque, but it's fun to think about

Good luck with that.

i could see us moving edmunds or Poyer…..and I would love to land 4 picks in rd 1-2…..but I think it’s going to cost a more draft picks in 2023 and all of this years picks + Edmunds and Poyer.  I don’t think 2 players on expiring contracts have as much value as some people think.  Jmo

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

If it plays out like that,  I think I'd be looking to trade back about 8-10 spots and see if one of the DBs falls.  Even if they don't,  they should be able to pick up a quality prospect at WR or along the OL,  or possibly Breece Hall,  who is a better value closer to 40. 

Just now, NewEra said:

Trade UP and end up with 3-4 picks in the first 2 rounds?  So trade next years first, second round and 3rd + all of our 3-7 rd picks this year.  That’s what it’ll cost if you want to trade UP even once and still have  4 picks in the first 2 rounds.  

No chance.  Less than zero chance of us having 4 picks in rd 1-2

Unless the rumor is true about including a veteran in the trade...I think Edmunds could be worth between 700-1000 trade points value if the league sees him as the ProBowler they vote him to be.  Poyer, I have no idea with his age, but still an All-Pro

Unless the rumor is true about including a veteran in the trade...I think Edmunds could be worth between 700-1000 trade points value if the league sees him as the ProBowler they vote him to be.  Poyer, I have no idea with his age, but still an All-Pro

I responded in more detail

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I responded in more detail

This is such a strange draft, but I think we might see something different this draft based off a few mindsets Beane has projected:

1 - We are all in this year.  Yes, we have a long window with Josh as our QB, but the Von Miller deal signals to me that we are really pushing these next few years

2 - We need to make tough cap choices with Oliver, Knox, and Davis contracts coming up.  If they can upgrade Edmunds and Poyer and save 20 mil by getting plug and play starters, I could see some moves made for that to happen

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You think edmunds has the worth of a pick between the 16th and 25th??   🤣 

imo, he’s worth more along the lines of 100-120 points with a floor of about 60

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You think edmunds has the worth of a pick between the 16th and 25th??   🤣 

imo, he’s worth more along the lines of 100-120 points with a floor of about 60

If you listen to anyone outside of TSW, he's a young kid with freakish size and athleticism, 2 time pro bowler, and other stuff....

I agree with you.  I wouldn't care if we drafted a MLB and then cut him (if cap weren't an issue).  I'm just talking based off what is rumored out there

I have a feeling this poll might be over by the time I wake up in the morning

Edited by Virgil

If you listen to anyone outside of TSW, he's a young kid with freakish size and athleticism, 2 time pro bowler, and other stuff....

I agree with you.  I wouldn't care if we drafted a MLB and then cut him (if cap weren't an issue).  I'm just talking based off what is rumored out there

I have a feeling this poll might be over by the time I wake up in the morning

Listen to who?  Opposing talking about their opposition for the week? Coaches usually say good things about their opposition.

I’ve listened to PFF….a company that grades players.  Not the Bible by any means, but I listen to their podcasts and agree with a lot of their analysis in general.  They don’t have much good to say about him.  I listen to half of this board, who all, at one point, loved the guy.  Who watch him every week, with the majority saying that he’s overrated, not pro bowl worthy and about to be overpaid.  Sure, there are some opinions are very negative and are obvious exaggerations imo, but that’s not the majority.  I feel most of us think he’s ok, but not worth paying after paying milano and conserving the value of LBs in todays nfl. We just don’t want to tie up all that money in him.  

i just don’t see any teams trading more than a 3rd rd pick for a LB that is about to be overpaid 

• Like (+1) 1

The poll is unofficially over already, of course. Garrett Wilson is an insane talent sitting at 25. Plus that kind of draft slide would piss off a guy with his expectations and pedigree. Probably be good for everyone involved. 

(I don't usually stump so hard for a specific take on this board, but this scenario is just so unrealistic and awesome.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.