TSW Mock Draft 2.0 Poll - Who should the Bills take at 25?

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 25?   

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 25?

• Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio St (6)
    • Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia (20)
    • Daxton Hill, S, Michigan (23)
    • George Karlaftis, DE, Purdue (24)
    • Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St (28
    • David Ojabo, OLB, Michigan (30)
    • Kyler Gordon, DB, Washington (31)
    • Boye Mafe, OLB, Minnesota (32)
    • Quay Walker, ILB, Georgia (35)
    • Christian Harris, LB, Alabama (37)
    • Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn St (38)
    • Kenneth Walker, RB, Michigan St (44)
    • Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan (42)
    • Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota St (45)
    • Breece Hall, RB, Iowa St (46)
    • Trade Back

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2022 at 03:50 AM

3 hours ago, Yantha said:

After watching Beane's conference with media, one takeaway I have is that Beane feels the draft is top thin, and middle round heavy.  He said he wouldn't bet the farm on a first round player (and I think there might only be 20 or less first round-graded prospects).

So....  I guess that means he will "more likely" trade out of the first to get more second, third, fourth round picks.  I think that we also have arguably too many picks in that scenario and some picks might not even "win" a job on the 53 or PS.  

To me that means he would also try to trade back UP in middle rounds to go and get players he really wants as opposed to letting the board fall to him.

I'm betting on more middle round picks, and we may trade away a 7th and/or a 6th rounder to move up in the middle rounds.

5 solid picks when the dust settles.

Hopefully one or two that will earn significant starting time to improve the team, with the others adding needed depth at key positions.

I disagree after listening to Sal and Beane talked.  Beane recognizes that the Bills are going to be hard pressed to get UDFAs to fill out the roster.  He told Sal last year - part of moving back was specifically to draft additional players because a drafted player is bound to come to help fill the roster.  

The Bills struggled last year with UDFAs - getting a very limited supply.

I understand you logic, but Beane basically told Sal they need the extra picks to fill the 90 man roster - they may lose a couple, but they have limited choices to get guys they want here.

I think they will move around, but in the end - I think they end of with 8+ draft picks and will still struggle to fill the roster to 90.  They will be about 18 short after the draft - even with 8 guys and they will get like 6-8 UDFAs based upon last year and the talent level on the roster - meaning they will be a good 10 players short.

If they trade down to 5 picks - you are 13 or so short - it becomes difficult to pick up that many legitimate players to fill a roster.

It is going to be an interesting draft.

Edited by Rochesterfan

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

They will be about 18 short after the draft - even with 8 guys and they will get like 6-8 UDFAs based upon last year and the talent level on the roster - meaning they will be a good 10 players short.

If they trade down to 5 picks - you are 13 or so short - it becomes difficult to pick up that many legitimate players to fill a roster.

It is going to be an interesting draft.

Wow I did not realise this.  Thanks for clarifying.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.