Bills restructure Ryan Bates contract

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

I hope it’s a corner…but there’s a chance he’s just making more room to sign picks and in season signings. 

They already have plenty for that. There is no need to push more money into the future unless they’re adding someone.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

I hope it’s a corner…but there’s a chance he’s just making more room to sign picks and in season signings. 

disagree. he just made this deal, what, 10 days ago? if he wanted it structured this way wouldnt he have done that upfront? (unless it was to beat out the Bears initially?)

plus we just got a bunch of room yesterday.... outside of the bears situation, this has CB signing all over it! just my opinion

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

disagree. he just made this deal, what, 10 days ago? if he wanted it structured this way wouldnt he have done that upfront? (unless it was to beat out the Bears initially?)

plus we just got a bunch of room yesterday.... outside of the bears situation, this has CB signing all over it! just my opinion

We only two choices: sign the contract the Bears structured to make uncomfortable for us, or let him go.

We didn't write that contract. The Bears did.

• Agree 11

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

The bears structured the contract. But it wasn’t heavily front loaded. There was no reason to restructure unless they are signing someone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The bears structured the contract. But it wasn’t heavily front loaded. There was no reason to restructure unless they are signing someone.

love it and i agree. if we go CB in FA, the draft will be real interesting. really sets the table for us to draft poyer or edmunds replacement (even if those guys ride out the year here, and i hope they do)

• Agree 1

People keep saying that every contract move we make is because “a signing is coming!”.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, but either way…

Does anyone out there honestly still believe that Beane ISN’T gonna sign a cornerback at some point? I think there’s just about ZERO chance that they go into the season with just Dane Jackson and a rookie as serious outside corner candidates.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Right, the cash was a bit front-loaded, but the salaries were pretty even year to year.

But there are plenty of reasons to re-structure outside signing someone. One is just to have money available if you need it suddenly. It could be they're signing someone, certainly, but doesn't have to be.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

People keep saying that every contract move we make is because “a signing is coming!”.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t, but either way…

Does anyone out there honestly still believe that Beane ISN’T gonna sign a cornerback at some point? I think there’s just about ZERO chance that they go into the season with just Dane Jackson and a rookie as serious outside corner candidates.

Yeah they’re going to sign a CB either way but the question is what level of CB.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.