TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 57? ***Poll closing at 8p est 4/3/22

Virgil

Who should the Bills take at 52?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the Bills take at 52?

• Kenneth Walker, RB, Mich St (44)
    • Tyler Smith, OL, Tulsa (Soph) (47)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/2022 at 12:02 AM

I’m with at least a few here who have little to no familiarity with these names.  That said, watching the highlights of Tyler Smith, he’s obviously big, strong, quick but even to me didn’t really look like a tackle prospect.

Kenneth Walker III, on the other hand, made my day.  Call me simple, tell me I’m being my usual sucker for eye candy, whatever,  but the notion of a possibly useful/future OL vs. an almost assured impact RB made it an easy vote.  Glad I held off until I had some basis to vote…

Edit PS: Motor has good eyes, quick moves, and is a tough nut when it counts, which I love him for. Walker looks to me like he is all of that, plus he brings a fluidity in his moves that reminds me of Fred Jackson…with speed that Devin/Freddie could only dream about.

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I’m with at least a few here who have little to no familiarity with these names.  That said, watching the highlights of Tyler Smith, he’s obviously big, strong, quick but even to me didn’t really look like a tackle prospect.

Kenneth Walker III, on the other hand, made my day.  Call me simple, tell me I’m being my usual sucker for eye candy, whatever,  but the notion of a possibly useful/future OL vs. an almost assured impact RB made it an easy vote.  Glad I held off until I had some basis to vote…

Edit PS: Motor has good eyes, quick moves, and is a tough nut when it counts, which I love him for. Walker looks to me like he is all of that, plus he brings a fluidity in his moves that reminds me of Fred Jackson…with speed that Devin/Freddie could only dream about.

How is Walker supposed to make an impact when the Bills were brutal at run blocking last year? And pass blocking. Josh was the most pressured QB in the league last year, including games where Bates started. Need to protect the 260 million dollar man.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

How is Walker supposed to make an impact when the Bills were brutal at run blocking last year? And pass blocking. Josh was the most pressured QB in the league last year, including games where Bates started. Need to protect the 260 million dollar man.

1. We’re talking here about this mock draft, not an overall philosophy of what wants to happen in reality.  You’re proposing that taking the 12th most desirable OL in this mock is better than taking the 2nd RB…? 

2. Saffold

3. Bates

4. Kromer

I don’t disagree with the notion that the OL making progress this year would be really really desirable.  Just making what is to me the obviously sensible choice given the previous picks in this (very) hypothetical scenario…

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

MSUs line was not that good and Walker had a heisman quality year this year.

We should add OLine in the draft, but especially Guards can be had later on. Gotta expect Kromer, Saffold and more experience for Brown gives the line more effectiveness too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

I voted Walker cuz he's a friend of my Son's from Wake AND is the best player left on the board. My son is reporting back to him on the vote (seriously) and he's losing by 2 votes now!!! Come on guys, vote the good vote.....

That is so cool that he is going to hear the results of our board post.  

Edited by Magnum Force
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

That is so cool that he is going to hear the results of our board post.  

winning now.  I wonder if Buffalo will have him in for a visit?  Too early to tell as they haven't begun scheduling those yet

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

I don't think you and I were watching the same run blocking and run production late in the season and in the playoffs after Bates entered the Starting Lineup....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft Buffalo Bills Poll - Who should the Bills take at 57? ***Poll closing at 8p est 4/3/22
20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ideally I Would absolutely love landing Jameson in the first and Woolen in the 2nd.  BPA in the 3rd at OL, LB, CB, RB.

This would be my ideal draft scenario.  

I would love to sign Gilmour/Rhodes or Another CB veteran and draft

25 Jameson, Burks, Olave, dotson or Christian watson (maybe slight trade down for the latter 2)

57 Walker III (maybe a slight trade up)

89 Marcus Jones or Zyon McCollum - Jones is small/zyon huge; Jones is the best returner in the draft

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sorry that I stole Kinnard in this round.  He would be a superb fit for the Bills imo.

You did that ish on purpose!!

We would be very lucky to land either of these guys in rd 2.  I voted Walker (because he’s my favorite RB in the nation) but I think Smith would be the best pick.  

I missed poll when it had more options.  Who were the WRs?

56 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think you and I were watching the same run blocking and run production late in the season and in the playoffs after Bates entered the Starting Lineup....

We were the #2 running team in the league after bates entered.  Then we added one of the best run blocking LGs in the league….and added one of the best OL coaches in the league.  We also added OJ Howard, who should be able to help our run game in 2TE sets.  

24 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I would love to sign Gilmour/Rhodes or Another CB veteran and draft

25 Jameson, Burks, Olave, dotson or Christian watson (maybe slight trade down for the latter 2)

57 Walker III (maybe a slight trade up)

89 Marcus Jones or Zyon McCollum - Jones is small/zyon huge; Jones is the best returner in the draft

No way of touch Jones.  He’s a potentially great slot corner.  I don’t think that I’d consider lining him up outside ever.  We need an outside guy, we’re set in the slot

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Ideally I Would absolutely love landing Jameson in the first and Woolen in the 2nd.  BPA in the 3rd at OL, LB, CB, RB.

This would be my ideal draft scenario.  

Jameson Williams is reportedly the top WR on many teams Draft boards. I don't think we're gonna be able to sniff him at 25.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Jameson Williams is reportedly the top WR on many teams Draft boards. I don't think we're gonna be able to sniff him at 25.

Agreed….but we can hope….and then be disappointed

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I missed poll when it had more options.  Who were the WRs?

7 WR's went in Round 1 (Olave, Wilson, London, Burks, Pickens, Williams, and Dotson) and 5 WR's went in Round 2 (Watson, Pierce, Moore, Bell, and Austin). 

John Metchie III was the top available. If there is that kind of run at WR's, we may not be afforded the opportunity to wait until the 3rd of later. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

7 WR's went in Round 1 (Olave, Wilson, London, Burks, Pickens, Williams, and Dotson) and 5 WR's went in Round 2 (Watson, Pierce, Moore, Bell, and Austin). 

John Metchie III was the top available. If there is that kind of run at WR's, we may not be afforded the opportunity to wait until the 3rd of later. 

Nice.  I’d prefer a WR, but considering the WR options, I’d go with Walker or Smith

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.