Joe Buscaglia's 7 round Bills Mock draft (paywall)

Logic

32 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Bills might have had home field advantage last year if they had Von Miller over Jerry Hughes over the course of the whole season.

However I don't think Von Miller makes any difference when it comes to 13 seconds in and of itself.

Mahomes was getting rid of the ball quickly which is why it made no sense to rush 4. No pass rush was gonna get near him.

Go back and watch the last two plays Hughes was half a step from getting to Mahomes on one of the plays…Miller gets there.

Couple of comments.  Sure a lot of what he says makes sense, find RB replacement for Singletary, 2 deep shell problems.  What doesn't compute for me, is why would it have to be a 1st rounder?  Singletary was a 3rd, go for another 3rd or 4th round RB.

While you would get a cheaper 5th year, you need to remember to discount that by the percentage of times primma donna RBs would hold out and not play unless they have an extension.  Didn't Zeke do that hold out thing, after Bell before him.  1st round RBs are not doing this anymore unless they are mediocre.

Opportunity cost.  You take an RB in round 1 and you forego a good shot at hitting on one of the premium, expensive, postiions - ie WR.  The OP said J Williams wasn't there but if any of the top tier, top 5 WRs were, this would be a bad choice.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Tyreek 2.0 hunting is probably not a sound draft strategy, unless you're talking about taking a flyer on a 5th rounder ... which is exactly what Tyreek was.

He went in the 5th round because he was dismissed from his college team after punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and strangling her. A raw talent like that normally would be drafted much higher.

I don't think we'll draft a RB in the 1st but I wouldn't hate it.  We're not a good run blocking team so I felt we needed a back that could create when not much is there or a pounding back like Fournette or Gordon. Neither of which Singletary provides and neither of which appears we'll get in free agency. 

Maybe the thought is Kromer can have a major effect along with Saffold.

I get that RB's don't win super bowls but to get there we have to run better than we do and I want Allen running less.  

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I cant buy into any mock draft that has us waiting until the 3rd round for a CB, its by FAR our biggest hole right now.  So unless we sign a vet before the draft, I have no doubt CB is coming round 1 or 2

I think we should sign a vet and draft a CB early 

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He went in the 5th round because he was dismissed from his college team after punching his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and strangling her. A raw talent like that normally would be drafted much higher.

While that is true even without it he wasn't going round 1. I think he'd have been a day 2 pick. Before Tyreek teams were wary of small fast guys that early. His success has forced teams to reconsider somewhat. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.