Jake Fromm not tendered by NYG

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

Only thing id mention is - he did get picked up off waivers and had like a week and a half before he was playing. 

Midseason thats like 4 practices and 2 walk throughs.  After being the covid QB for 2 years.  Not exactly set up for success.

It was also with kitchens calling plays from a garrett playbook.  I'm not saying he's tom brady, just saying even brady would probably have struggled with that situation.  

He was with the team 5 weeks when he played so poorly in the season finale when they ran the 2 QB sneaks inside their own 10 rather than let him try for a 1st down.  That's a lot more time than what you are saying.   He was only the Covid QB as a rookie.  His 2nd season he was on the practice squad until the Giants signed him.  

38 minutes ago, Greatdane21 said:

I’d pass on him ,I don’t see how Davis Webb makes the team either so he’ll be there to snag for next to nothing

Webb is the player/coach at QB3 for the .  Daboll saw first hand the work he did helping Josh, that’s why he signed him.  He ain’t getting cut.

I don't know how any young QB is supposed to step in and look even remotely decent in their first real NFL games. Even the elite draft picks usually look like bums for a while. So I don't know how you determine a guy like Fromm actually stinks until there's a larger sample size. 

5 minutes ago, skibum said:

I don't know how any young QB is supposed to step in and look even remotely decent in their first real NFL games. Even the elite draft picks usually look like bums for a while. So I don't know how you determine a guy like Fromm actually stinks until there's a larger sample size. 

Interesting.  So a 5th round pick who has been on two different teams already should be given maybe a full season worth of gameday play or even starts to figure out if he is any good?  Seems like a huge waste of a roster spot.

23 hours ago, Rhode Island Red said:

It would seem to be a no-brainer, unless he looked awful last year.  Did anyone here see/hear anything about his action in those two games he appeared in?

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/joe-judge-explains-giants-bizarre-qb-sneak-third-and-9-vs-washington

Joe Judge had so little confidence in him he ran a QB Sneak on 3rd and 9 (and it was the 2nd sneak in a row.)

13 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The fact that Daboll didn't want him back, to me, is telling.

Maybe, I wonder if the Giants ownership who watched Fromm play last year strongly discouraged his return.

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He was with the team 5 weeks when he played so poorly in the season finale when they ran the 2 QB sneaks inside their own 10 rather than let him try for a 1st down.  That's a lot more time than what you are saying.   He was only the Covid QB as a rookie.  His 2nd season he was on the practice squad until the Giants signed him.  

He was on the practice squad on a team with 4 QBs - and webb ran the scout team for the defense.  How much practice do you think he got? Missing training camp for a QB is like a death sentence too.  How is he supposed to have any feel for the offense?  

And I still think he sucks.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.