Libs to push Biden to declare "Climate Change" a national emergency because we told you in March 2020 this was next

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Since we only have seven years left before the planet melts down…I say screw it! Just give me one Bills Super Bowl victory and then it’s boom, boom out go the lights! 👍

How pissed are we going to be if this whole "war in Eastern Europe" thing is just another Smoking Man plot to keep the Bills from winning a Super Bowl? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Since we only have seven years left before the planet melts down…I say screw it! Just give me one Bills Super Bowl victory and then it’s boom, boom out go the lights! 👍

Bills up 45-0 in SB 62 with 20 seconds left in the game the world ends!  

• Haha (+1) 1

The S.E.C. moves closer to enacting a sweeping climate disclosure rule.

Securities regulators in the United States are moving closer to enacting a sweeping new rule that would require all publicly traded companies to report more information to investors about the impact of their activities on climate change and the creation of greenhouse gases.

The Securities and Exchange Commission is considering the much-anticipated climate disclosure rule at a meeting Monday morning. It has been a centerpiece in the regulatory agenda of Gary Gensler, the commission’s chairman, and a longtime demand of climate advocates. The commission could vote on the measure at the meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/21/business/sec-climate-disclosure-rule.html

Just let that absurdity sink in.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I believe in climate change and human effect. But state of emergency is wrong.

We are educated enough, time to be real practical, ie..when electric cars are 80% if the population, how do you charge them and produce the electricity. If everyone in your neighborhood plugged in their car tonight, there is not enough power. Why are new builds not forced to have roof installed solar power to be at least a percentage self supplied. 

State of emergency is not a good thing to consider. Living to AOC , Biden and Trudeau standards would kill our countries. Speeches are cheap, actual solutions are rare. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

I believe in climate change and human effect. But state of emergency is wrong.

We are educated enough, time to be real practical, ie..when electric cars are 80% if the population, how do you charge them and produce the electricity. If everyone in your neighborhood plugged in their car tonight, there is not enough power. Why are new builds not forced to have roof installed solar power to be at least a percentage self supplied. 

State of emergency is not a good thing to consider. Living to AOC , Biden and Trudeau standards would kill our countries. Speeches are cheap, actual solutions are rare. 

FYI: Here in Southern California most new construction is already required to have solar panels. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

FYI: Here in Southern California most new construction is already required to have solar panels. 

We were talking to neighbors this weekend about this. When did this become the rule?  Our house was built in 2019 and there is no solar.  There are other homes in the community that were built more recently and they do not have solar either.  

The desert is perfect for solar farms. Would be more cost effective then on each home. State and federal grants to move it along. I can't imagine the US could go without oil and NG in the near future. 

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The S.E.C. moves closer to enacting a sweeping climate disclosure rule.

Securities regulators in the United States are moving closer to enacting a sweeping new rule that would require all publicly traded companies to report more information to investors about the impact of their activities on climate change and the creation of greenhouse gases.

The Securities and Exchange Commission is considering the much-anticipated climate disclosure rule at a meeting Monday morning. It has been a centerpiece in the regulatory agenda of Gary Gensler, the commission’s chairman, and a longtime demand of climate advocates. The commission could vote on the measure at the meeting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/21/business/sec-climate-disclosure-rule.html

Just let that absurdity sink in.  

something like that would probably need another couple office buildings full of bureaucrats to oversee. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

The desert is perfect for solar farms. Would be more cost effective then on each home. State and federal grants to move it along. I can't imagine the US could go without oil and NG in the near future. 

What's the backup power plan on days where the sun doesn't shine?