How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

It wasn't "transitory". It was Putin's Price  Hike. 😄

It was the sanctions and asset seizures initiated by Biden which have permanently disrupted trade and commerce arrangements leading to higher prices and costs while doing little to no damage of any importance to Russia.  These sanctions hurt us.  So what do they keep doing?  More sanctions that don't work.  The learning curve is very steep with this administration.    

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

Another bs Twitter post.

Average price of a gallon of gas today: $3.467

"Tiff" has a car with a 32 gallon tank?

Maybe she lives in California (why would she if it's a liberal failed state?). I guess that brings her down to a 23 gallon tank.

Stop driving a Ford F-250 super duty truck, Tiff.

And then the bottled water!! Get a filter and a Stanley cup, girl. You're behind the times. But you can get a 12 pack of Arrowhead at Walmart for $3.68 today. You look like a big girl, so get 3. That's $11.04. And then there's vegetables! OMG. Eat your broccoli, girl. $1.74/lb at Walmart. Why not get 7 pounds to last you the week? That's $12.18. Leaves you only about $107 to get that fish. So why not go for the gold? Wild caught fresh salmon. Just bought some at Whole Foods. $17.98/lb. So get 6 pounds and you can eat almost a pound of fresh-grilled salmon every day of the week.

Just keep posting this nonsense, and I'll keep you up to date on my shopping tips.

On 12/29/2023 at 1:05 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

This thread has gone awfully quiet since prices have started going down.

How much did I pay for gas today? $2.17 a gallon. Sam's Club/Colorado.

That's right. Regular unleaded.

Average price in Jan 2020, just before COVID, in the Glory Days of Trumpism? $2.63.

Oh.

You have gone awfully quiet in this thread as it relates to gas prices. Imagine that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wholesale inflation rose 0.6% in February, much more than expected

* The producer price index, which measures pipeline costs for raw, intermediate and finished goods, jumped 0.6% on the month, double the Dow Jones estimate.

* On a year-over-year basis, the headline index increased 1.6%, the biggest move since September 2023.

* Two-thirds of the rise in headline PPI came from a 1.2% surge in goods prices, the biggest increase since August 2023, thanks to a 4.4% jump in energy.

* Retail sales increased 0.6%, less than expected, while weekly jobless claim filings nudged lower to 209,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/14/producer-price-index-february-2024-wholesale-inflation-rose-0point6percent-in-february.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Awfully quiet? I just called b.s. on the latest random reposting tweet.

Oh, and get an EV.

EVs are being disincentivized.  Quietly, for obvious reasons.

Here in CT they're proposing that you can't charge your EV in your garage.  What do you think that will do to EV sales?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

You have gone awfully quiet in this thread as it relates to gas prices. Imagine that. 

Frankish is the inflation whisperer,  a water bottle shamer, a fish trafficker and notorious supporter of the slaughter of salmon.  He's complicated, Frank is. 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

* The producer price index, which measures pipeline costs for raw, intermediate and finished goods, jumped 0.6% on the month, double the Dow Jones estimate.

* On a year-over-year basis, the headline index increased 1.6%, the biggest move since September 2023.

* Two-thirds of the rise in headline PPI came from a 1.2% surge in goods prices, the biggest increase since August 2023, thanks to a 4.4% jump in energy.

* Retail sales increased 0.6%, less than expected, while weekly jobless claim filings nudged lower to 209,000.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/14/producer-price-index-february-2024-wholesale-inflation-rose-0point6percent-in-february.html

And I just dropped a 20 on lunch at Taco Bell.

And 120 on buying fish, veggies, and water for dinner.

How do we survive with these kind of prices?

How do I survive eating 5,000 calories at Taco Bell for lunch and 6 pounds of salmon for dinner?

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It just keeps climbing.  And the highest products are the things that hurt the poor and middle the most.  Like housing, energy, food.  

They are gonna have to raise rates and thata gonna bring more pain.

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Frankish is the inflation whisperer,  a water bottle shamer, a fish trafficker and notorious supporter of the slaughter of salmon.  He's complicated, Frank is. 

Don't forget Taco Bell Value Combo Intepreter.

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

And the highest products are the things that hurt the poor and middle the most.  Like housing, energy, food.

Poor, minorities suffer most.

Where have I heard that one before?

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And I just dropped a 20 on lunch at Taco Bell.

And 120 on buying fish, veggies, and water for dinner.

How do we survive with these kind of prices?

How do I survive eating 5,000 calories at Taco Bell for lunch and 6 pounds of salmon for dinner?

You eat $20 worth of Taco Bell, how you survive won't be an issue for long...

11 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Awfully quiet? I just called b.s. on the latest random reposting tweet.

Oh, and get an EV.

My post wasn’t a very lengthy one. I suppose you could have missed the part about going quiet on gas prices. You seemed pretty happy in late December and I just found your lack of follow-up to be interesting. 

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

My post wasn’t a very lengthy one. I suppose you could have missed the part about going quiet on gas prices. You seemed pretty happy in late December and I just found your lack of follow-up to be interesting. 

Gas prices are higher now, but not particularly high by historical standards. They are still lower than they were in summer 2008 (I recall a very pricey road trip I made from Colorado back to Buffalo), even without inflation adjusting.