Britney Griner

Doc

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Who Whelan or Bout? 

Both.

Whelan  and his family's pleas' have been in the news for months.

Bout's conviction was highly publicized.

It would be interesting to see how DEA folks think about this, as he was perused by them for years and finally caught in a sting in Thailand.

Lots of time. Lots of money. Probably lots of risk spent on this guy who was perfectly willing to sell SAMS to whoever wanted them to shoot down airliners.

57 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Difficult to go back 10 posts... lol

Oh, I went back - I just didn't see a question - just opinion.

'

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Here's the thing... if Biden hadn't got Griner, was still trying to get both Whelan and Griner but struggling to do so... I don't think anyone would be complaining. We get it... it's Putin, Russia. Not an easy person to negotiate with. We have no idea how Trump or his administration worked on getting Whalen back. 

BUT, Biden DID manage to come to terms with Russia. He gave up one of the worst men on the planet for a person who was breaking the law in the country she was in. If Trump did that, YOU'D be on here freaking out and sharing 40,291,342 tweets from leftists. 

This is who we just turned over to Russia: https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/viktor-bout-merchant-death-sentenced/story?id=16080286

57 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I wouldn't know who she is if she didn't get arrested and thrown in jail. WNBA isn't exactly big time. 

Almost Nobody knew who she was before the arrest in Russia and yeah, WNBA is pretty far down on the popular sports list.

Happy for Griner. 

Sad that we still have a marine and others over there. 

Id be less inclined to believe the trade wasn’t made because she’s a famous black lesbian if the administration didn’t constantly tell us that she’s a famous black lesbian.  

If you’re a white man that votes Dem, you’re just voting for your own self destruction at this point.  

47 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

You have to be kidding me, right?  Viktor Bout was one of the most notorious people that was sought after.  Him leaving the aircraft in handcuffs were all over the news stations.

Well, of course - Bout is notable but look at his history here with the cult - you really need to keep up with the context of the conversation BillyB.

Showing results for 'Viktor Bout' in content posted in Politics, Polls, and Pundits. - Two Bills Drive

17 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I am sure if she was your daughter….you would have said….”No….let her rot….it will just set a bad precedent”

Bunch of armchair a holes here.

This is nonsense.

I never expressed anything relating to not getting her out.

If she was my daughter she wouldn't be bringing illegal drugs into a country that is known for this kind of crap, just as she wouldn't visit North Korea.

I couldn't care less about this, but it is undeniably a grossly disproportionate exchange, as always.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, T&C said:

Almost Nobody knew who she was before the arrest in Russia and yeah, WNBA is pretty far down on the popular sports list.

And sports in general is moving down the popular entertainment list for many such as myself.  

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And sports in general is moving down the popular entertainment list for many such as myself.  

I hear you... I'm down to NFL, NHL, and the winter Olympics.

2 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Trump was on the verge of getting Whelan out. If you and your liberal buddies wouldn't have cheated him out of his second term Whalen would be home by now. 

Loser 

He had two years and screwed the pooch.

3 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Whelan was arrested in 2018. So why didn’t Trump get his BFF Putin to release him?

Biden was elected in 2020.  So why was Biden not able to get his new BFF to release him?  

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

He had two years and screwed the pooch.

And Biden has had pretty much the same time.  Has he screwed the pooch too or is he immune from such criticism?