Giants release Kyle Rudolph

sunshynman

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I’d like to see what Sweeney can do this season.  Feel he can be a good TE.  

Don't want Rudolph, would rather have Engram.  Would rather have Gronk over either of them.

I want the Bills to put the pedal to the metal this off-season and fix our problem areas.  I want a team that cruises through the regular season and gets home field.  Whatever it takes.

1) I tend to be on the side of "Sweeney is un-rosterable"...........he isn't good at anything.

2) Agree no on Rudolph..........but also no on Engram.........I think they represent little but wasted cap dollars if acquired.

Gronk is the clear choice if the opportunity comes up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) I tend to be on the side of "Sweeney is un-rosterable"...........he isn't good at anything.

2) Agree no on Rudolph..........but also no on Engram.........I think they represent little but wasted cap dollars if acquired.

Gronk is the clear choice if the opportunity comes up.

I’d like to see some from Sweeney this camp and preseason.  Probably not a long term answer, but want to see how he responds this year after out of football a season ago.

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I like him as a cheap TE2 if he comes cheap. A solid vet who can contribute in a more limited role.

so, you want him cheap? Let's not overpay....team friendly deal.....vet minimum with incentives.....just want to get this out of the way because someone will say this everytime a FA is mentioned. I don't think he has much left. Would rather have Gronk who still scores TDs

21 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

pass...but hoping Gronk would come home for a SB run for a 1 year min deal, 

Gronk? Min? 

Yeah, good luck with that. He might do something doable, but I can't imagine him going anywhere for minimum. Too proud.

38 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Gronk? Min? 

Yeah, good luck with that. He might do something doable, but I can't imagine him going anywhere for minimum. Too proud.

I don’t know… the one smart thing about him is how he manages his money. Apparently he hasn’t spent any of his nfl earnings and has lived off of his marketing deals. I do think he’s more inclined to sign somewhere he feels is a true contender with a great Qb more than anything and money isn’t the biggest factor. He would probably rather just retire again than go play with just any team. That said I don’t think the Bills would offer the min. I do recall he said he wants to play with Joe Burrow so we will see where that goes. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know… the one smart thing about him is how he manages his money. Apparently he hasn’t spent any of his nfl earnings and has lived off of his marketing deals. I do think he’s more inclined to sign somewhere he feels is a true contender with a great Qb more than anything and money isn’t the biggest factor. He would probably rather just retire again than go play with just any team. That said I don’t think the Bills would offer the min. I do recall he said he wants to play with Joe Burrow so we will see where that goes. 

ok maybe more of a hometown discount than min salary...1, existing cap it tight  2. Knox deserves to start  3. Bills arent and cannot pay a TE to split duties

2 hours ago, T master said:

Knox is a priority for the Bills future given his improvement but seeing as Rudolph is on the down side of his career it would be a nice add at the right price !

“On the down side of his career”  mid thirties…., think about that a while, just sayin, 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

so, you want him cheap? Let's not overpay....team friendly deal.....vet minimum with incentives.....just want to get this out of the way because someone will say this everytime a FA is mentioned. I don't think he has much left. Would rather have Gronk who still scores TDs

I would rather kick the tires on Rudolph if he were to come on a "team friendly deal" than pay retail for Gronk who may or may not accept a backup role. Gronk is likely not coming for less than 5-7 million which for a TE2 is a vast overpay. Whereas Rudolph for less than 2 million in my opinion is more willing to take that backup role and can still produce.

21 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

“On the down side of his career”  mid thirties…., think about that a while, just sayin, 

Well i'm just going by what the football "Experts" say when i t comes to the NFL career - i wish i was thirty again i was kicking ass at thirty !! 

If we only knew then what we know now 😆 !! But we can pass it on too those we love . 🙌

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.