Jump to content

(Edit) Loss of coordinators' effect on success next season


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Should be out of a job. 

This comment encapsulates the point of the thread.

You want him fired because his playcalling sucked in the second game against KC and because our players weren't fast enough to tackle Hill? What about the rest of the year? We're really going to fire the DC responsible for the No. 1 defense (by a landslide) in the NFL?

 

Then, we find a DC on a DC tree and everything will be better ... because. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

This comment encapsulates the point of the thread.

You want him fired because his playcalling sucked in the second game against KC and because our players weren't fast enough to tackle Hill? What about the rest of the year? We're really going to fire the DC responsible for the No. 1 defense (by a landslide) in the NFL?

 

Then, we find a DC on a DC tree and everything will be better ... because. 

Obviously I’m judging him on his full year, including the kc game. His D is soft and always crumbles when we need a stop. Critical penalties on 3rd downs to extend drive. Very boring and vanilla.  Yes. On paper his stats are good but I’m not a fan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Buffalo619 said:

Obviously I’m judging him on his full year, including the kc game. His D is soft and always crumbles when we need a stop. Critical penalties on 3rd downs to extend drive. Very boring and vanilla.  Yes. On paper his stats are good but I’m not a fan. 

With all due respect, his D isn't soft. Tell that to Poyer, Hyde and everyone else.

 

We have a D built to beat KC and NE with an O designed to score lots of points. (It obviously didn't work the second time and I'd agree the prevent D was atrocious in that last game.)

 

We stop the pass and the running QB. His D is the No. 1 secondary in the league. We can't stop everything. The team isn't built to defend the Darrick Henry's of the world. Besides, one RB alone isn't going to outscore Allen and Co. on most Sundays. If that's "soft" then so be it. I'm not saying that shouldn't change but that was the design this season. 

I stand by my point - finding a DC if Frazier leaves might cause a long bump performance-wise. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

With all due respect, his D isn't soft. Tell that to Poyer, Hyde and everyone else.

 

We have a D built to beat KC and NE with an O designed to score lots of points. (It obviously didn't work the second time and I'd agree the prevent D was atrocious in that last game.)

 

We stop the pass and the running QB. His D is the No. 1 secondary in the league. We can't stop everything. The team isn't built to defend the Darrick Henry's of the world. Besides, one RB alone isn't going to outscore Allen and Co. on most Sundays. If that's "soft" then so be it. I'm not saying that shouldn't change but that was the design this season. 

I stand by my point - finding a DC if Frazier leaves might cause a long bump performance-wise. 

Dude what? 
 

Did you miss the last game the Bills played? Their defense got annihilated.

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Dude what? 
 

Did you miss the last game the Bills played? Their defense got annihilated.

 

Dude - did you read the post? It's a fact that this defense was built to beat KC. That doesn't mean it didn't. Good grief man. Do you really not understand the difference between intent and result? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Obviously I’m judging him on his full year, including the kc game. His D is soft and always crumbles when we need a stop. Critical penalties on 3rd downs to extend drive. Very boring and vanilla.  Yes. On paper his stats are good but I’m not a fan. 

 

That's great and all, but we live in reality. What quality coach is going to want to be DC of a team that having the #1 defense wasn't good enough? I think the Bills defense were paper tigers too and they used smoke and mirrors to achieve that #1 status. I'd prefer they get a new voice at DC as well, but firing Frazier might be shooting yourself in foot. This also assume that he's utterly incapable of learning from this which is just a silly emotional reaction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 3:06 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Where’s Leslie Frazier going?

Hope early retirement, him staying would actually make this team worse, b.c when you don't want prevent defense he will give it to you.

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...