*Approved* Information only and Spotify fallout

Joe Rogan is literally just a jock - in a previous epoch he may have been a warrior - who decided he wanted to hear about intellectual things instead of just smoking weed with other comedians on his podcast.  "You, sit, tell Joe what make sun go up in day and stars go up in night." And then just repeat for three hours. He'd believe pretty much whatever the people tell him up until a few years ago when he started to push back on things like diet and health.

He's not an authority, and nobody views him that way. Literally the only reason to push against him having a platform is a disgraceful hatred of lay education and a desire to manage information from the seats of wealth and power only.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Joe Rogan is literally just a jock - in a previous epoch he may have been a warrior - who decided he wanted to hear about intellectual things instead of just smoking weed with other comedians on his podcast.  "You, sit, tell Joe what make sun go up in day and stars go up in night." And then just repeat for three hours. He'd believe pretty much whatever the people tell him up until a few years ago when he started to push back on things like diet and health.

He's not an authority, and nobody views him that way. Literally the only reason to push against him having a platform is a disgraceful hatred of lay education and a desire to manage information from the seats of wealth and power only.

What he does is provide a well subscribed platform for experts and others to present their views in great detail in a long-form format conversation.  Those views many times conflict with those of the authorities or their allies.  And that makes him a threat that must be confronted and if possible neutralized.  One tactic is that authorities and lackeys push censorship under the false pretense of looking out for the public interest rather than revealing their real motive of protecting their interests.  Suggesting that conflicting facts and expert opinions are somehow dangerous misinformation when in truth their own ignorance and arrogance is the real danger.  

Frankly, I don't believe any person capable of critical and logical thinking with the ability to form their own conclusions and opinions based on the presentation of many diverse opinions and verifiable facts could fall for such a ploy.  Excluding those simply going along with the program because they are well-compensated or just afraid to challenge power through being intimidated by threats of negative consequences.  And others either lacking the intelligence or the attention span to figure it all out.

If we lived in a place such as North Korea for example it would be much easier for the authorities.  Anyone questioning the wisdom and edicts of the glorious eternal leader would be quickly put to death.  Unfortunately for authorities and power centers in the U.S. and most of the western world we're not quite their yet and they still have to rely and deception and threats of censorship and consequences for anyone that might challenge their authority and self-provided monopoly over "truth".  

9 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

if the cake ordered was asked to be in the shape of a swaztica and the owners were jewish. should they have to bake it? honest answer? 

if joe rogans service is talking about subjects you disagree with do you have to listen to it?

there is a difference between forcing someone to PROVIDE a service and someone being forced to USE it...or in this case, not use it even if they want to.

i don't think spotify wants to remove anything. they are in self preservation mode trying to not give the paranhas anything to latch on to. i wish we weren't in a world view where simple conversation was deemed dangerous. the fact people have a issue he is talking to EXPERTS is pretty scary. after being wrong about so much for so long they still stand on a soapbox as the arbitrator of truth all with state backing. the fact the organizations he is directly competing with are at the for front of the attack. that should be a big red flag of which side they are on and their true intentions.

but these are two different issues. you cant create a slope with a example, just when you disagree with it and then talk about how slippery its gotten later on. refusal of service happens all the time for various reasons. you just don't mantle it because it was not shouted through a megaphone for a few months. i can name 100s you would agree with as its been happening long before a baker refused a cake. if you want a acctual example lets talk about refusal of service based on medical history that goes directly against actual LAW, not personal belief. HIPPA is a thing of the past and many love it and advocate it daily..even against children.

The swastika cake is a symbol of murder and promotes an organization that committed crimes against humanity. So any cake baker would be be within their right to deny service. Not because of differing beliefs, but because of not wanting to produce a symbol that promotes genocide. 

It would be like them not baking a wedding cake that had a sadistic message on it for the bride and groom. Denial of service based on behavior is certainly common place and acceptable. 

Denial of service based on class, race, sexuality and what your political, religious, ethical beliefs are should not be acceptable. 

But here we are. Why are your personal religious beliefs more privileged than my personal political beliefs? 

If a cake baker doesn't have to bake a cake for gay people, then a tech company doesn't have to provide service to conservatives (or liberals) whom they do not approve. 

I'm not arguing this is a good thing. Just giving my analysis.

No content advisory 

My unvaccinated 8 year old had it.  

Was positive on the rapid test - had a fever for 1 day that was 100.  

She was rapidly fine in literally 24 hours.    

The stuffy nose lasted about a week. 

It was terrifying.  Please wear 2 N95s.  

The Real Reason Spotify Can't Afford to Lose the Rogan Battle

https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2022/02/04/the-real-reason-spotify-cant-afford-to-lose-the-rogan-battle-n517177

FTA:

So think about what happens if they cave on Rogan. Does it end there?

Of course not. We know that nothing is ever good enough for the progressive cranks. An apology requires more apologies, a capitulation requires more capitulation, and so on and so forth. On the left, there is no redemption, only a constant churning of penance, punishment, and proving one’s progressivism. Wash, rinse, repeat.

If the Boomer Brigade succeeds in ousting Rogan, they will turn their attention to the myriad of other performers on the site who don’t toe the Branch Covidian line…and there are hundreds, maybe even thousands. Including my own.

Spotify cannot pursue their goal of owning the podcast market without podcasts, and they can’t entice new and lucrative podcasters when they can’t even guarantee that they will stand up for those podcasters against cancel culture.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -- George R. R. Martin

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, Tiberius said:

No, they just don't want people spewing lies on their platform. Seems pretty clear cut 

I disagree...because when the government spouts lies, they are never “fact checked”, censored, or banned...

The Biden administration made it clear, early on, when their press secretary admitted they were working with Big Tech platforms to make sure they were aligned with the Establishment narrative...And any other fact or opinion from a medical professional, that did not agree, shall not be tolerated (even though the government has been wrong many times during the pandemic)...

The CDC director also came out last month and admitted covid protocols were not based on the science, but rather what they thought the American people can tolerate...Lol...

The Federal government has proven, time and again, that their agenda has nothing to do with health, and most of the world has now become hip to that...the pandemic is over...game is over...👍

14 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The swastika cake is a symbol of murder and promotes an organization that committed crimes against humanity. So any cake baker would be be within their right to deny service. Not because of differing beliefs, but because of not wanting to produce a symbol that promotes genocide. 

It would be like them not baking a wedding cake that had a sadistic message on it for the bride and groom. Denial of service based on behavior is certainly common place and acceptable. 

Denial of service based on class, race, sexuality and what your political, religious, ethical beliefs are should not be acceptable. 

But here we are. Why are your personal religious beliefs more privileged than my personal political beliefs? 

If a cake baker doesn't have to bake a cake for gay people, then a tech company doesn't have to provide service to conservatives (or liberals) whom they do not approve. 

I'm not arguing this is a good thing. Just giving my analysis.

We can agree on that.  So be it.  Be ready for the divide it will cause, and don't get butt-hurt when you see people leaving your side of the aisle of agreement.  Agree to that, and then, game on :)

19 minutes ago, TtownBillsFan said:

We can agree on that.  So be it.  Be ready for the divide it will cause, and don't get butt-hurt when you see people leaving your side of the aisle of agreement.  Agree to that, and then, game on :)

Just to be clear:  I'm NOT a fan of denying service based upon race, class, sexuality, political beliefs, religious beliefs, etc. Just be ready to get it from the other side, if you want to make that part of your determination of service.  MY SIDE does not do that in general.  Please don't make that ***** the new norm! 

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

Lol I was waiting for the regime to play the only trick they have left

It’s actually interesting. He drops some N-Bombs and nothing.  Had a guest on who had a differing opinion on Covid than the MSM and it’s CANCEL THE *****!!

Where we're all headed

Let this sink in.....

We're so far gone that half the low lifes that watched that, here, in America, are twisting themselves in a pretzel to defend it.  Or they think it's impossible would never happen here.  As they sit in their face diapers for now going into a THIRD YEAR.....and can't go out to eat if they don't have proper vaccination that doesn't work.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s actually interesting. He drops some N-Bombs and nothing.  Had a guest on who had a differing opinion on Covid than the MSM and it’s CANCEL THE *****!!

He just had 70 episodes pulled down where he used the N-Word after a musician posted a video cut up of him dropping the N-Word on his shows. The musician said Rogan can say whatever he wants, but asked for her music to be taken down. 

I think the piece people are missing is that Spotify recently agreed to pay Rogan 100 million dollars. 

The musicians who demanded their music be pulled are being paid .0003 cents per stream. They're pissed that the apps audience was built by streaming music and now they pay a pod caster $100 million when they aren't even getting pennies. 

Rogan isn't canceled. And people are pulling their music off they aren't making any money.

Edited by Motorin'

34 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He just had 70 episodes pulled down where he used the N-Word after a musician posted a video cut up of him dropping the N-Word on his shows. The musician said Rogan can say whatever he wants, but asked for her music to be taken down. 

I think the piece people are missing is that Spotify recently agreed to pay Rogan 100 million dollars. 

The musicians who demanded their music be pulled are being paid .0003 cents per stream. They're pissed that the apps audience was built by streaming music and now they pay a pod caster $100 million when they aren't even getting pennies. 

Rogan isn't canceled. And people are pulling their music off they aren't making any money.

So they are not only immature they’re jealous of the prom king.  Someone needs to let the know that podcasting is where the money is these days. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:17 AM, Tiberius said:

They hate those that tell the truth. They hate those that attack lies. 

It's the right wing! 

If you want to know who is on the right side of history just take a step back and see who’s censoring and then you’ll know the other side is right. Those who censor have never ever been on the right side of history.  It’s no different now. Leftists love to censor, make your own conclusions. 

33 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

If you want to know who is on the right side of history just take a step back and see who’s censoring and then you’ll know the other side is right. Those who censor have never ever been on the right side of history.  It’s no different now. Leftists love to censor, make your own conclusions. 

It’s all very simple.  For some reason an opinion that doesn’t fit a person’s narrative it tagged as a lie.  I’m telling you people don’t even know what the word lie means.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So they are not only immature they’re jealous of the prom king.  Someone needs to let the know that podcasting is where the money is these days. 

Guess Spotify is going to see how many subscriptions it can keep with a reduction in their music library. 

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Guess Spotify is going to see how many subscriptions it can keep with a reduction in their music library. 

Name me the top musicians that have left Spotify that are listened to by people who pay for Spotify.  

Why they make nothing and Rogan made bank. 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Name me the top musicians that have left Spotify that are listened to by people who pay for Spotify.  

Why they make nothing and Rogan made bank. 

With the pay structure Spotify uses to pay musicians, a musician will need to have their music streamed 33 billion times to earn what Spotify paid Rogan upfront.