*Approved* Information only and Spotify fallout

15 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What the simple minded don't understand about the cigarette example is history shows the people supporting the smoking is safe narrative was the establishment, big government, big tobacco, federal and state regulators.  All working to protect the industry from harm.  They all knew it was harmful but as they were all riding the gravy train (Pink Floyd reference) they were more than happy to play along.   

The people that brought the truth to light were whistleblowers, independent researchers, medical doctors, public interest advocates, social justice advocates of the era, all bucking the system to expose the truth.  And being subject to harassment and attacks on their personal and professional character.  Sound familiar?  Their actions are consistent with the current experts being branded as spreaders of "misinformation".  And the current actions by big government and big pharma follow the tobacco industry and government complicity to a tee.

What's more simple minded is casually dismissing and not taking their COVID concerns seriously because your belief and support of authority and the official narrative will not protect you from personal harm to your health if they're conclusions derived from experience and subject matter expertise are correct.    

What about all the tobacco planters, the employees of the companies and all the knot heads that were screaming cigarettes were safe? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The truth is simple 

So is Joe Biden, but people nobody is looking to censor the guy for spreading COVID misinformation! 

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Many rightwingers would have us go back to women cannot vote, the being gay is illegal etc. 

Time to end extremes. Rogan can have a good podcast, by why the need to be extreme. Isn't freedom about choice.

I'm not sure about the 'many' right wingers advocating a return to time when women could not vote, but to be clear:

• I stand with my friends @muppy and @ComradeKayAdams and their right to vote!  Why?  Because they are smart and women smell nice!

@Irv please be sure to add "Let Women Keep Voting" to your PPP platform!  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What about all the tobacco planters, the employees of the companies and all the knot heads that were screaming cigarettes were safe? 

Hey Tibs!! Over here!!  We're talking about Joe Rogan and Spotify.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So is Joe Biden, but people nobody is looking to censor the guy for spreading COVID misinformation! 

I'm not sure about the 'many' right wingers advocating a return to time when women could not vote, but to be clear:

• I stand with my friends @muppy and @ComradeKayAdams and their right to vote!  Why?  Because they are smart and women smell nice!

@Irv please be sure to add "Let Women Keep Voting" to your PPP platform!  

LOL as if leo **raspberries***  But I'll stand in solidarity with comrade she's my sister in snarkiness and decorum.... 🙂 u know me and politics its exactly like cooties just sayin'

NICE TRY

lmao

m

• Awesome! (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Motorin' said:

With the pay structure Spotify uses to pay musicians, a musician will need to have their music streamed 33 billion times to earn what Spotify paid Rogan upfront. 

@Chef Jim

BREAKING:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/marisadellatto/2022/02/07/anti-cancel-culture-rumble-offers-joe-rogan-100-million-to-leave-spotify/?sh=e50475566135

I cannot confirm at this time, but I'm hearing there are several streaming services who have reached out to the estates of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell offering ALL, not some but ALL, returnable bottles and cans up to .05c in return for the rights to stream songs written by said artists. 

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, hello, that's because he isn't. lol 

What would you call this?  

Now, I know there’s a lot of misinformation out there, so here are the facts: If you’re vaccinated, you are highly unlikely to get COVID-19.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Generally agree, but you are wrong here. The people who  "censored" cigarette commercials from lying about the health costs of those products won, didn't they? Those people that complained it was censorship to not be allowed lie about what was in their consumer products lost, correct? 

Perspective 

I’m sorry, is this the 80s? 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

When is the next book burning event?

No one is asking them not to exist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

How is the right bridging the divide?

13 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’m sorry, is this the 80s? 

No one is asking them not to exist. 

The cult is literally engaging in a culture war because they know they have NOTHING ELSE to run on... absolutely pathetic.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

@LeviF - your silence is deafening... wonder why.

Bridge the divide?  You lunatics blew up the bridge.  

I want full secession and nothing to do with you people ever again.   

You shouldn't be anywhere near power.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bridge the divide?  You lunatics blew up the bridge.  

I want full secession and nothing to do with you people ever again.   

You shouldn't be anywhere near power.  

Go to Russia... you'll fit in perfectly.

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

How is the right bridging the divide?

They're not.  No one is.  Why would they?  In bidness its called product differation.  You want that. Its what sets you apart from the competition so they purchase yours as opposed to the competition's.  Same is true in politics.  If your party works with the other party and you come together to get things done to help the people that elected you there would be no difference.  Why choose one over the other.

If they haggle with the opposition and call out all their bad stuff, you can get more people to vote for you than actually doing your job.

You seem to be working from the misconception that it is all on the up and up and people are fairly elected to do what's fair and honest and good for the American people.  There's too much power and money at stake for it to work that way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

They're not.  No one is.  Why would they?  In bidness its called product differation.  You want that. Its what sets you apart from the competition so they purchase yours as opposed to the competition's.  Same is true in politics.  If your party works with the other party and you come together to get things done to help the people that elected you there would be no difference.  Why choose one over the other.

If they haggle with the opposition and call out all their bad stuff, you can get more people to vote for you than actually doing your job.

You seem to be working from the misconception that it is all on the up and up and people are fairly elected to do what's fair and honest and good for the American people.  There's too much power and money at stake for it to work that way.

No misconception here... I'm just pointing out @LeviF's hypocrisy...