Free Agents - who do you like?

Desert Bills Fan

47 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Didn't Beane already say that would not be very active in the FA market this year?

that doesn't mean thy won't sign some guys...   and it also doesn't mean they won't sign a top guy (or vice versa), it just means they are not signing a bunch of FA.  

My thoughts:  Wait on RB.  While I do like C Patterson, not at the spotrac estimate of 9M.  The value at RB is not there, estimates of 5-6M for J Connor, S Michel, M Gordon and L Fournette are just not worth it.  Wait it out and get one cheap along with maybe a 3-4th rounder (again, but I don't think Moss worked out).

WR - IMO, one is a value clearly above the rest.  OBJ at $6M.  Even if it goes up to $8M get it done.  Guy is one and done in LA, things being equal I think he would choose the Bills (got the QB, pass oriented, SB contender, sticks it to Clev management).  Looks to me, from the playoffs I've seen, OBJ is miles better than our current Beas (similar price).  Also draft one to groom.  Bring back McK.

TE - Gronk.  Estimated at around $8M.  Bridge for second TE, draft a freak to train, and extend/pay Knox early.  Tonyan/Geisiki est at $11-12M, we need to home grow another one.

D - Von Miller $10M.  No way to get a DL cheaply.  Chandler would be nice but at $14.5M looks a little too rich.  Might just have to re-sign J hughes at $3M and go all O.

An offense w Josh lining up with Diggs/OBJ/Davis/Knox and Gronk would be built to outscore the other team.  A fun way to go.

I doubt they go all out in FA which i can understand but I think 

WR Jameison Crowder (NYJ) will be an excellent replacement to Beasley.

DT Larry Ogunjobi (CIN) Has a history of getting to the QB and we need more guys who can do that.

It looks like KC is already looking to re-sign Melvin Ingram so if that's the case then Emmanuel Ogbah (MIA) or Jadeveon Clowney (CLE), I know there is a weird hatred for Clowney but he's good at getting to the QB and he's also very good in run defense.

Realistic/reasonably priced Free agent wish list

TE—-Njoku ($$)Gesecki( $$)

CB—Steve Nelson, Donte Jackson, Wallace

S—Kearse, Neal

C—Ben Jones, Bozeman

WR—McKenzie, Kirk,Patterson

RB—Fournette

Edge—Obada, Ingram, JPP, Ogbah, Hughes, Reddick($$)
DT—Phillips, Zimmer 

OLine—Bates, ???

OLB??

ILB??

P—Huber

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I doubt they go all out in FA which i can understand but I think 

WR Jameison Crowder (NYJ) will be an excellent replacement to Beasley.

DT Larry Ogunjobi (CIN) Has a history of getting to the QB and we need more guys who can do that.

It looks like KC is already looking to re-sign Melvin Ingram so if that's the case then Emmanuel Ogbah (MIA) or Jadeveon Clowney (CLE), I know there is a weird hatred for Clowney but he's good at getting to the QB and he's also very good in run defense.

Would absolutely love Clowney. Hicks would be cheaper than Ogunjobi. Would really like Patterson on a reasonable deal. Also DJ Charl will be looking to rebuild his value, would love to bring him in. 

On 1/31/2022 at 1:30 AM, CorkScrewHill said:

What I would like to see

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Contract changes

• Have Cole take a pay cut or just cut him (I like Cole a lot, but his price is too high for the production, could save 6.1 M by cutting him)
  • Have Klein take a pay cut or just cut him (I think he is replaceable and you could save over $5 mil by cutting him)
  • Have Feliciano take a pay cut or just cut him (He is a good backup .. like his toughness, but can save 3.5 million by cutting him and the line looked better without him)
  • Cut Tyler Matakavich. save 2.5 million (doesn't add enough to justify keeping him)
  • Cut Cody Ford. Save 1.5 M.
  • Cut Matt Haack if another viable punter comes up.
  • Extend Diggs (22.2 M est.), Knox (8.3 M est.) - negative hit to the salary cap
  • Note: Star not included because almost all of his salary has been guaranteed at this point)

Resignings (estimates are based off of a few different web-sites .. so just guesses)

• Harrison Phillips (5.4 M est.)
  • Justin Zimmer
  • Ryan Bates
  • Jerry Hughes (3.3M est.), Levi Wallace (9.6 M est.), Efe Obada, Ike Boettger, Tyler Dodson, and Siran Neal if their respective prices do not get too high

Others I would like to see them add

• DE Shaq Lawson - The current coaches got the best out of him. 1 year prove it deal
  • TE Mo Alie-Cox (7 M est.) or O.J. Howard (2.2 M est.)
  • RB Rashad Penny or RB/KR Cordarelle Patterson (6 M est.) - elite kick returner, can handle the Isaiah gadget plays
  • S Terrell Edmunds
  • WR Laquon Treadwell - I thought very highly of him coming out of college  and he never put it together. Would be cheap.
  • CB Donte Jackson (10 M est.)

Given they are not flush with cash, the best thing to do is see who gets cut by other teams that will want to do a prove it deal later in free agency (e.g., Trubisky)

Agree mostly but I'd get rid of Wallace and Hughes. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:39 PM, MWK said:

DJ Chark

Chandler Jones(Unrealistic but a dream)

Von Miller (Also unrealistic)

Mark Glowinski

Andrew Norwell

Melvin Ingram

Steven Nelson

Mo Alie Cox

Will we get any of these guys, who knows. But I’d love to actually sign a FA other than Emmanuel Sanders this year. And please let Wallace walk.

I'd be happy with these, nice post

3 hours ago, colin said:

if im getting one guy, it's jones.  shorter contract, just move some wood around to make room.

if i get another, i think patterson.  great spark player.

Sign Patterson for sure (8M). Then spend the rest on either Scherff or Chandler Jones (14-15M).  We can only afford 2 of these 3.

9 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I did not realize Berrios is a UFA, he was an absolute weapon for the Jets at the end of the year, would love to get him. 

Would also love Cordarrelle Paterson. Would be nice to have him returning kicks too. 

Also can’t see us grabbing any RBs like Fournette or Gordon, Beane knows not to pay veteran RBs. I’d predict we draft one. 

Fournette also wins the award for most productive player who looks absolutely terrible on the field, I don’t think his career is going to age well. 

Loved Berrios in college, was hoping to draft him or UDFA.

Nows our chance to nab him cheap, hes a younger Beasley with more quicks.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.