Offseason Trade Prediction: We acquire Saquan

Alphadawg7

What would you do:  

226 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do:

• Moss and a 4th
    • Cole, Moss, and a 6th
    • Devin and a 5th
    • Multiple draft picks (none in the first 3 rounds)
    • Third round pick
    • Yes make the trade, but other offer (comment below)
    • No, I would not make a trade to get Saquan

3 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Hahah…the classic “please try to keep up” line…funny stuff. 

Classic "deflection because your in over your your head so you cant defend your original statment" line.... sad stuff

Are you honestly saying you cant see the difference in giving assets up for a game breaking WR like the Bills did and giving up assets for a oft injured RB with 7 mill guaranteed? Because there is 110% a difference there. One makes sense, while the other does not....

Edited by gobills1212

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Classic "deflection because your in over your your head so you cant defend your original statment" line.... sad stuff

Are you honestly saying you cant see the difference in giving assets up for a game breaking WR like the Bills did and giving up assets for a oft injured RB with 7 mill guaranteed? Because there is 110% a difference there. One makes sense, while the other does not....

I’m not deflecting anything. Nothing whatsoever. Your original post was poorly written and hard to understand. 

You challenged my football knowledge because I didn’t share the same opinion as you. I then countered that we have given up assets for an offensive playmaker before, so the history is there. Diggs has worked out, but there was concern at first in how he would fit. There wasn’t a guarantee, but he has fit in perfectly. 

Barkley would have a chance to do the same thing if he came here. He might be one of the most physically gifted players to ever play running back. His combo of size, speed, and vision are RARE. The only concern is the injury history, but anyone can walk outside and sprain an ankle or tear an ACL. It doesn’t mean you are always gonna be hurt. 

Making more sense now?

22 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I just don't see how paying Barkley equates in us getting to the SB? People are thinking this is Barkley of old, he now has 2 bum knees, ran 16 times for 593 yards 2 TD (3.7 ypc average) , 41 catches for 263 yards 2 TD. You state Moss is a swing and a miss but I think he's an incomplete due to injuries but you could be right. I really liked Singletary's play when he finally got a legit chance and just don't understand why everyone is so quick to replace him just because he doesn't run faster than the wind.

True saquon now is an injury risk. But when he's healthy there is no question he's a massive upgrade to our offense. In no way am I advocating to get saquon but there's no doubt qbs dream of a rb like a healthy saquon.

I don't think moss was given a solid chance to prove what he can do, and not necessarily that he was a total bust but the bills themselves made the mistake of drafting 2 rbs that are very similar. It's unfortunate that moss kinda brings the same style of running that Singletary does, so if Singletary is doing good and doesnt fumble why put in moss? I don't think it's moss's fault that's his style of game, it was just a miscalculation of the bills that the combination of 2 similar rbs would be successful. 

Not a fan of spending assets on a RB who was the 2nd best back on a terrible team last year. I'd rather draft a guy with the pick it would take to acquire Saquon - though, I'd rather not do that, either.

I think Singletary and a FA like Darrel Williams or James Connor would be just fine. Maybe Moss can get dealt for a pick. If not, cut bait there.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What a ridiculous response.  Barkley has a low market value with the injury issues and lower production last couple years.  To compare trading for him to Chase or Mahomes just shows how out of touch with reality you are.

Barkley is gone after this year regardless when he would be a FA as they begin a long rebuilding process.  it’s not only in their best interest to trade him, it’s actually more likely he gets traded than this year than not.

I would bet that saquon doesn't get traded at all and he's going to be the centerpiece of the offense. If he does, he won't go for any less than a 2nd a 3rd and a starting calibre player. When healthy he is a top back.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I’m not deflecting anything. Nothing whatsoever. Your original post was poorly written and hard to understand. 

You challenged my football knowledge because I didn’t share the same opinion as you. I then countered that we have given up assets for an offensive playmaker before, so the history is there. Diggs has worked out, but there was concern at first in how he would fit. There wasn’t a guarantee, but he has fit in perfectly. 

Barkley would have a chance to do the same thing if he came here. He might be one of the most physically gifted players to ever play running back. His combo of size, speed, and vision are RARE. The only concern is the injury history, but anyone can walk outside and sprain an ankle or tear an ACL. It doesn’t mean you are always gonna be hurt. 

Making more sense now?

But dude, there were no caveats such as "if the giants pick up the 7 mill" like someone else mentioned. Its strictly it would be a poor move to allot assets towards a RUNNING BACK making that kind of cash when funds will probably be tight. When you have the QB in place, running backs will get the short end of the assets simply because there isnt a deficiency at the bread and butter of the offense. Thus, the analogy of paying your kick returner qb1 money and expecting the same results as a qb1. This team was stuck doing that dance for years. Now, in general, would an all pro RB find a way to help and compliment this team? Of course! Hell, even the greatest show on turf had Faulk.  However, giving up players/picks for a RB AND having to pay him is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It once again comes full circle to the aforementioned analogy of the difference between giving up assets for a xWR and a RB. Yes, there IS a BIG difference. Your counter to the point was essentially if we give up assets for a WR and then we can do it for an RB. In this instance its as silly as doing it for a kick returner. Thankfully, Beane is smarter than that and if the RB room is deemed to have a missing piece hes smart enough not to go about obtaining it that way.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Agree 1

On 1/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

Because Josh cant keep this pace up and expect his body to hold up.  The guy leaves 110% of himself and his soul on that field every Sunday.  His body takes a pounding running the ball.  

Great he is 25...but at some point that beating is going to catch up with him, it always does.  We need to take some of that weight off him literally.

I agree 💯 I don’t want my QB running up the gut for 3 yards just to have a running game. Improvising and running win nothing is open i can live with. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.