Hitting Me Tough Again Today - What Could Have Been

BuffaloBaumer

32 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Obviously better than the Bengals, will be disproven this weekend.  I think Cincy is at our caliber, they have a much better defense than they are given credit for and a QB/playmakers that are hitting their stride.

Has anyone actually watched them play this year?  Look I'm a HUGE Bills Fan too, but let's not act like this would have been some lopsided game.  Both Raiders and Titans had great teams, Cincy handled each of them.  

I'm sorry, just tired of hearing people act like we had some cakewalk to a superbowl if we would have beaten KC.  Tell that to the 90s Bills, who were WAY better than their opponent.  Rams still have the most balanced/talented team, been they would've been the top seed in the NFC if not for Stafford faltering through the season and their competition being tougher than most others had to face.

Our defense is still not ready for the big dance, hopefully next year will be the year and some of our young guys grow into their potential.  

I love Burrow (as a QB) and their WR corps is outstanding.  Their RBs are pedestrian and their OL is bad.  It was abysmal last season and it got upgraded to poor/below average for 2021.  It is bad enough to cost them a game against the Bills or Chefs.  It should have cost them the game last week. 

Their defense is definitely better than most given them credit for.  Reader was a very good pick up for them.  Pretty solid DL all around.  Their LBs aren’t very good, but they have a nice secondary other than Apple, who sucks (and I’m a Buckeye alum).  The Bengals are a team that deserved to be in the playoffs this season, but they don’t deserve to make the SB.  They aren’t in Buffalo or KC’s class yet. 

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Look how close Rousseau was to getting an INT.

45A7F13D-A1AE-464D-A27D-4A4F0646EB33.jpeg.90116680b4f84a629b2c8269defa3b68.jpeg

If you pull it up on YouTube Rousseau had his arms up above his head to deflect the pass and Mahomes hummed it by his body in the arm pit area.  With the velocity he had on it too he's not going to pick it. Mahomes saw him all the way and purposely threw around him. 

Good play by Rousseau, just a special throw by Mahomes.

Edited by ArtVandalay

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Obviously better than the Bengals, will be disproven this weekend.  I think Cincy is at our caliber, they have a much better defense than they are given credit for and a QB/playmakers that are hitting their stride.

Has anyone actually watched them play this year?  Look I'm a HUGE Bills Fan too, but let's not act like this would have been some lopsided game.  Both Raiders and Titans had great teams, Cincy handled each of them.  

I'm sorry, just tired of hearing people act like we had some cakewalk to a superbowl if we would have beaten KC.  Tell that to the 90s Bills, who were WAY better than their opponent.  Rams still have the most balanced/talented team, been they would've been the top seed in the NFC if not for Stafford faltering through the season and their competition being tougher than most others had to face.

Our defense is still not ready for the big dance, hopefully next year will be the year and some of our young guys grow into their potential.  

My whole feel about this Bills loss will change if the Bengals go in there and knock off the Chiefs.  I wasn't impressed with KC's defense, at all.  And I do feel like the KC/Bills winner would have a bit of a hangover this week....at least for the 1st half.  Meanwhile Cinci is young and confident and will just show up with no pressure.  They don't know they're Supposed to lose?!?!  If the Cinci D plays tight coverage and their DB's make plays...and if they get to Mahomes, I will be impressed.  The Bills D was useless the entire game.  Should be interesting. 

Now if KC goes out and kills them, it will make me even angrier about our loss!

There's always the chance the Bengals could've beaten us, as unlikely as it seems. IF, IF the Bengals pull off the upset today, we might feel differently about how we would've won the superbowl this year. There are no gaurentees in life. I'm of the opinion though, that yes we would've been going to the superbowl today and that sucks 

On 1/28/2022 at 1:56 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Good job Cincy, 👏

That's why everyone here shouldn't have been acting like this was an auto win, like I said earlier.

Bengals have a great mix of playmakers and dline that gives pass heavy teams trouble.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.