Jump to content

Who is the best pass rusher we can get or available via trade


Fred Slacks
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

What did the Chiefs multiple game wreckers do against Josh Allen?  Nothing.

 

This is being over exaggerated.  Everyone fan wants double digit sack numbers, but thats not even equal to one play a game.  Getting pressure is what matters the most consistently and we did plenty of that and have a stable of young guys who need to see the field.

 

I am not against some big time talent at DE, but those are also NOT readily available and also come with cap choking contracts we can't afford.  

 

Fix the OL, add some depth at CB, and bring in another beefy DT.  All of that is much higher priority and I will bet money the front office sees it that way too.

And it didn't really help all that much.  Pressure is great, for sure, but sacks and play disruption is more important. We put pressure on Mahomes early and it didn't amount to anything.  I think the 'getting pressure is more important than sacks' isn't really valid anymore, especially with so many QB's being more mobile than in past years.

 

We were 0-6 in close games this years. Sacks would have made a difference in the Chiefs game.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 5:50 PM, Brandon said:

 

To be honest, I think a defensive focus is the wrong approach. They arguably have the best player in the league at QB.  If it were me,  I'd put the majority of my resources into supporting him with more speed and playmakers at the skill positions and improved line play,  and aim to have a top 10-15 defense rather than trying to be #1.  

We did have a top 15 defense. Due to the schedule the stats looked a lot more impressive than they were. Secondary is solid. LB's and D Line especially have room to improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, klos63 said:

And it didn't really help all that much.  Pressure is great, for sure, but sacks and play disruption is more important. We put pressure on Mahomes early and it didn't amount to anything.  I think the 'getting pressure is more important than sacks' isn't really valid anymore, especially with so many QB's being more mobile than in past years.

 

We were 0-6 in close games this years. Sacks would have made a difference in the Chiefs game.

 

We got 2 sacks...how many more sacks change the outcome of the game?  And my point was, you can't panic maneuver just because one game Mahomes was an escape artist.  


Elite players are going to be elite in big moments.  Doesn't matter who is chasing them.  Allen made Aaron Donald look silly when the Rams played us.  Great players are great for a reason.  To over react to a couple plays in a game is not how you soundly build a football team.

 

And for the record...we beat them twice this year.  One of those games the Bills decided to give away with a blunder at the end of regulation and a terribly called defense on 2 plays that had nothing to do with who our DE's were.  

 

So sorry, all this stuff about "sacks" is way down the list of why we lost this game.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

We got 2 sacks...how many more sacks change the outcome of the game?  And my point was, you can't panic maneuver just because one game Mahomes was an escape artist.  


Elite players are going to be elite in big moments.  Doesn't matter who is chasing them.  Allen made Aaron Donald look silly when the Rams played us.  Great players are great for a reason.  To over react to a couple plays in a game is not how you soundly build a football team.

 

And for the record...we beat them twice this year.  One of those games the Bills decided to give away with a blunder at the end of regulation and a terribly called defense on 2 plays that had nothing to do with who our DE's were.  

 

So sorry, all this stuff about "sacks" is way down the list of why we lost this game.  

Donald had 2 sacks, 3 QB hits and forced and recovered an Allen fumble.  I'll take that silly on our dline.

 

We didn't even put much pressure on Mahomes after the 1st quarter. He mostly had all the time he needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 5:41 PM, Nextmanup said:

Please point out when an edge rusher "changed a game."

 

They don't and it's why blowing two first round picks on one would be foolish.

 

 

Joey or Nick Bosa 

 

You have to get alot more pressure on mahommes. 

 

Look no further than last years superbowl where mahommes took a beating 

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

We got 2 sacks...how many more sacks change the outcome of the game?  And my point was, you can't panic maneuver just because one game Mahomes was an escape artist.  


Elite players are going to be elite in big moments.  Doesn't matter who is chasing them.  Allen made Aaron Donald look silly when the Rams played us.  Great players are great for a reason.  To over react to a couple plays in a game is not how you soundly build a football team.

 

And for the record...we beat them twice this year.  One of those games the Bills decided to give away with a blunder at the end of regulation and a terribly called defense on 2 plays that had nothing to do with who our DE's were.  

 

So sorry, all this stuff about "sacks" is way down the list of why we lost this game.  

Eh. I thought they were outplayed for much of the game though. Yes, they blew the lead with 13 seconds left, but they also wasted a couple possessions and the Chiefs had their way with our defense…. Not sure how anyone could object to a trade for an elite pass rusher. Doubt they do that though. 

Edited by ScottLaw
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 5:41 PM, Nextmanup said:

Please point out when an edge rusher "changed a game."

 

They don't and it's why blowing two first round picks on one would be foolish.

 

 

Super Bowl MVP Von Miller?

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

 

We got 2 sacks...how many more sacks change the outcome of the game?  And my point was, you can't panic maneuver just because one game Mahomes was an escape artist.  


Elite players are going to be elite in big moments.  Doesn't matter who is chasing them.  Allen made Aaron Donald look silly when the Rams played us.  Great players are great for a reason.  To over react to a couple plays in a game is not how you soundly build a football team.

 

And for the record...we beat them twice this year.  One of those games the Bills decided to give away with a blunder at the end of regulation and a terribly called defense on 2 plays that had nothing to do with who our DE's were.  

 

So sorry, all this stuff about "sacks" is way down the list of why we lost this game.  

Donald ended multiple possessions, including forcing a TO.

 

Allen made him look silly? What

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Scorch!  Pow!

Got me on that one.

I used to talk to a customer about once a quarter.  Once or twice a year for probably five or six years I would get his coworker and I’d ask if my contact was available.  He always shot back that line and for some reason it always made me laugh.  I talked to so many people and so few jokes it always caught me off guard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. I thought they were outplayed for much of the game though. Yes, they blew the lead with 13 seconds left, but they also wasted a couple possessions and the Chiefs had their way with our defense…. Not sure how anyone could object to a trade for an elite pass rusher. Doubt they do that though. 


Dont get me wrong, I would love one too.  I’m not against having one.  I’m more concerned with filling out the rest of the roster.  It’s the cost to acquire and cap hit that has me concerned when we need to address and invest at CB, OL, and DT badly.

 

We have less than $3M in cap space to start, but we also have key players like Levi and Phillips who are free agents making CB and DT big holes.  Compounding that further, Tre is coming off a bad injury that can sometimes take a full season of playing to get all the way back and Star needs to probably be replaced too.  So we need more than just one player at both those spots.

 

And all that before we have even addressed the OL.  So that’s my issue, it will take draft capital we need to bring in young talent and cap space we need to fill the roster out.  
 

So I think we are a stronger team with investing in multiple positions than investing big in one and using cheap lower tier players to shore up those other spots.  And Tre White alone changes the outcome of that last game most likely.  So the DL to me wasn’t the liability.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...