Hochul confirms March 31st that the deal will be finalized for new Bills stadium

BuffaloBills1998

Great news!!! Now let's hope it is a downtown stadium that will be the centerpiece of a great revitalization effort. I'm rooting for the downtown site 1,000%... Pittsburgh nailed it, and now it is time for Buffalo to do the same...

"This would be the largest development in the history of Buffalo, and would include a new stadium, convention center, updated arena, retail, hotels, and apartments. It’s everything that we have been hoping for, and everything that we have been waiting for. We’ve got an opportunity to rectify an injustice, when the Bills were moved out of Buffalo, similar to how the University was moved out of Buffalo. This is a once in a lifetime chance to do the right thing, which would change the face of Buffalo for the better. Not to mention kick starting a Metro Rail and train project that would coincide with the tremendous development."

https://www.buffalorising.com/2021/11/financial-roadmap-for-the-new-downtown-bills-stadium/

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Misleading/incoherent title.

She says she's "confident" she'll have made enough progress in discussions in time for the April 1 budget submission.

Read it again she just said March 31st 

4 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Great news!!! Now let's hope it is a downtown stadium that will be the centerpiece of a great revitalization effort. I'm rooting for the downtown site 1,000%... Pittsburgh nailed it, and now it is time for Buffalo to do the same...

"This would be the largest development in the history of Buffalo, and would include a new stadium, convention center, updated arena, retail, hotels, and apartments. It’s everything that we have been hoping for, and everything that we have been waiting for. We’ve got an opportunity to rectify an injustice, when the Bills were moved out of Buffalo, similar to how the University was moved out of Buffalo. This is a once in a lifetime chance to do the right thing, which would change the face of Buffalo for the better. Not to mention kick starting a Metro Rail and train project that would coincide with the tremendous development."

https://www.buffalorising.com/2021/11/financial-roadmap-for-the-new-downtown-bills-stadium/

It’s not gonna be downtown it’s going to be in OP

13 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It'll be dead downtown all year except for Bills games. Will slowly destroy Bills Mafia if there's no tailgating.

You want to revitalize Buffalo? Kick the mob out of town. 

The only people who will benefit are contractors. And guess who those guys are?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

It'll be dead downtown all year except for Bills games. Will slowly destroy Bills Mafia if there's no tailgating.

Yeah, my father and grandfather worked construction for years and weren't mobbed up, so your opinion isn't the actual record on the subject.

If you want to continue to see Niagara Falls, Ontario sap the life out of the city entirely, keep up that attitude.

BTW, how dead is Orchard Park from February through July? Pretty dead.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Yeah, my father and grandfather worked construction for years and weren't mobbed up, so your opinion isn't the actual record on the subject.

If you want to continue to see Niagara Falls, Ontario sap the life out of the city entirely, keep up that attitude.

Its dead all of the year. not just Feb - July.

Its not dead for 8 days, but in those 8 days its not drawing business anywhere except to a few private lots and the Bills stadium lots.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Its dead all of the year. not just Feb - July.

Its not dead for 8 days, but in those 8 days its not drawing business anywhere except to a few private lots and the Bills stadium lots.

That's my point...

Pittsburgh completely revitalized their downtown area, and I lived there in the late 70s and to this day I can't get that smell and feel of the area in those days out of my brain... it was really bad at that time. Going to Niagara Falls and Buffalo after years was a very sad experience because of how badly things have changed... this new stadium could make a really huge difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Because your family wasn't mobbed up, the city of Buffalo is totally kosher? That's your logic?

Alright bud. Don't want to wake you up from your dream. 

25 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

UM tailgating wont die if you move the stadium DT, there are plenty of open/concrete/grass lots where the stadium would be.

but it would also give the people an option to tailgate indoors as well at hotels, bars, restaurants etc

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

42 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You didn't actually read the article did you, especially that part where she said it will be in Orchard Park?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

That's my point...

Pittsburgh completely revitalized their downtown area, and I lived there in the late 70s and to this day I can't get that smell and feel of the area in those days out of my brain... it was really bad at that time. Going to Niagara Falls and Buffalo after years was a very sad experience because of how badly things have changed... this new stadium could make a really huge difference. 

New York State vs Pennsylvania, right? Most of the NY cities not in the boroughs or state capital have gone to hell. Downstate sucks tons of tax dollars, so nobody wants to put a lot of investment into the areas where infrastructure gets second (probably more like 20th) best.

The Pegulas are lucky their choice of McBeane, and thusly the selection of Josh Allen, paid off in success on the field. Have this funny feeling we'd be wondering about a move if the Bills sucked like the Sabres have.

• Like (+1) 1

No dome, Orchard Park, it's happening. Got it. 

Truth be told, the only thing that ever mattered was what the Pegulas wanted. The don't want to pay for an AT&T luxury dome, or deal with the extra headaches and real estate costs of moving into the city. It's the path of least resistance (and cost).

I've always said the Bills moving to Orchard Park, UB building the Amherst Campus, and the silly train to no where were all terrible ideas. We'd have 30k+ people downtown everyday for school, we'd still have car and foot traffic and all the economic growth that goes with it. We'd be like a real city... but I digress. The 33 running through the middle of the city or the 190 and Skyway cutting us off from the water leaves something to be desired too... o\

At least the Bills will be here, that much seems certain for now. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, babulator said:

No dome, Orchard Park, it's happening. Got it. 

Truth be told, the only thing that ever mattered was what the Pegulas wanted. The don't want to pay for an AT&T luxury dome, or deal with the extra headaches and real estate costs of moving into the city. It's the path of least resistance (and cost).

I've always said the Bills moving to Orchard Park, UB building the Amherst Campus, and the silly train to no where were all terrible ideas. We'd have 30k+ people downtown everyday for school, we'd still have car and foot traffic and all the economic growth that goes with it. We'd be like a real city... but I digress. The 33 running through the middle of the city or the 190 and Skyway cutting us off from the water leaves something to be desired too... o\

At least the Bills will be here, that much seems certain for now. Go Bills!

I agree. Locating it in OP just perpetuates the numerous public planning mistakes over the last few decades. I'm all for a downtown stadium, but it's not going to happen, so bring on Rich 2.0

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

New York State vs Pennsylvania, right? Most of the NY cities not in the boroughs or state capital have gone to hell. Downstate sucks tons of tax dollars, so nobody wants to put a lot of investment into the areas where infrastructure gets second (probably more like 20th) best.

The Pegulas are lucky their choice of McBeane, and thusly the selection of Josh Allen, paid off in success on the field. Have this funny feeling we'd be wondering about a move if the Bills sucked like the Sabres have.

As a lifelong resident of this state it's depressing and heartbreaking to see so many once thriving and vibrant communities totally hollowed out and crumbling. That's all over NY too, not just WNY.

I've been in every part of the state, and most of it is abandoned factories, closed businesses, crappy roads... 

It's like a cliche scene from a movie where a guy goes back to his hometown and you see his memories of ice cream stands open, people walking around, and life, and then it flashes to the present and the Scoop and Sprinkle is closed down, windows boarded up and garbage blowing around on the busted up sidewalk. 

BUT

NY has some amazing communities and so many advantages... If gov't in Albany could get its act together things could be different

Edited by TheFunPolice

51 minutes ago, damj said:

You didn't actually read the article did you, especially that part where she said it will be in Orchard Park?

You mean THE PAY SITE buffalonews.com?

Yeah, sorry, not going to pay to read it... you want to pay for a subscription for me?

Untitled.png

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.