Only ways this loss would have hurt more...

LabattBlue

1 - Happened in AFCCG

2 - Happened at home  in playoffs

3 - Happened in SB(against a different team)

I know some say it is not all about the end of season result, and more about the journey(the entire season), but at this point in my life, that is what is all about.  Anything less than a SB championship will ALWAYS be a bitter disappointing ending.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m glad it was our stupidity that cost us the game and not the referees making some crazy call that was game altering. So there’s that

if refs cost us the game, I think I’d be a lot more mad. Like post TB game mad. Right now, I’m just sad and lost. I don’t even wanna watch the rest of the season

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

This gets about as bad as it can get. 13 secs is gonna be played forever.

There is no guarantee that your gonna be back in this position, alot can happen in a season.

The only good bright spot was Allen officially became a legend last night

Agreed, but imagine what this offseason would look like if we had just scraped by against NE and then watched Allen put up a stat line like 28/50 for 1 TD and 3 INTs.  

At least we've established beyond any question that we have an elite franchise QB.  This team will be right back in the playoffs next year and probably be just as much of a threat to win the conference.  Compare and contrast with the Music City Miracle, where we headed into the offseason with a QB controversy and a broken salary cap situation.  This is nowhere near as bleak.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Agreed, but imagine what this offseason would look like if we had just scraped by against NE and then watched Allen put up a stat line like 28/50 for 1 TD and 3 INTs.  

At least we've established beyond any question that we have an elite franchise QB.  This team will be right back in the playoffs next year and probably be just as much of a threat to win the conference.  Compare and contrast with the Music City Miracle, where we headed into the offseason with a QB controversy and a broken salary cap situation.  This is nowhere near as bleak.

You never know what the future holds.  Carpe Diem!

It's clear to me that we've simply traded one bully that we could never get past (New England) for another team we can't get past (when it counts) - KC.  Big games aren't too big for Josh at this point clearly, but wow do we have some work to do on defense.  Not sure I really want to watch anymore football at this point either.  Will probably get better in a few days.....

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I’m glad it was our stupidity that cost us the game and not the referees making some crazy call that was game altering. So there’s that

if refs cost us the game, I think I’d be a lot more mad. Like post TB game mad. Right now, I’m just sad and lost. I don’t even wanna watch the rest of the season

i always take the day off work and go and watch the SB with about 10 or so friends…have done for the last 10+ years

I’m genuinely feeling like I can’t be bothered this year… I just do not have any interest in watching that game .,.

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

It's clear to me that we've simply traded one bully that we could never get past (New England) for another team we can't get past (when it counts) - KC.  Big games aren't too big for Josh at this point clearly, but wow do we have some work to do on defense.  Not sure I really want to watch anymore football at this point either.  Will probably get better in a few days.....

Losing to NE in Weeks 4 and 12 each year when you are making up the numbers hurts less than losing playoff games with a championship at stake…

6 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Kc is in a bit of a trickier cap situation than NE ever was going forward.  Brady really elevated pretty normal guys on bargain contracts and they spent their picks on defense so the front office philosophy is very different .  KC has two absolute freaks in Kelce and hill that will be difficult to replace and eat up a lot of their cap.  I don’t think they’re really set up for long term success like NE was…best case they win 3 shootouts and win a superbowl.  Maybe mahomes can do it with less weapons but we really don’t know yet 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Kc is in a bit of a trickier cap situation than NE ever was going forward.  Brady really elevated pretty normal guys on bargain contracts and they spent their picks on defense so the front office philosophy is very different .  KC has two absolute freaks in Kelce and hill that will be difficult to replace and eat up a lot of their cap.  I don’t think they’re really set up for long term success like NE was…best case they win 3 shootouts and win a superbowl.  Maybe mahomes can do it with less weapons but we really don’t know yet 

...and the Bills are setup any better going forward?

Just now, Blainorama5 said:

Fair enough - yes this hurts more, but the amount of time we suffered at Brady's hands does add up...

The difference being we were NEVER competitive during the Brady era.  It's not like we were a juggernaut who for 20 years could not get past Brady.  We sucked during that entire time.

I've been trying to think of what would be worse, losing this game last night, or getting to the superbowl and losing. Obviously most would say losing in the superbowl, but I'm not sure. Getting to the superbowl is an accomplishment, even if it is a loss. I think what hurts most is knowing that most likely we would've beat Cinci next week and at home. The celebration would've just been unreal 

Just now, BTB said:

...and the Bills are setup any better going forward?

I think so…could be wishful thinking.  The chiefs whole offense revolves around an absolute burner at wr who is going to lose a step or two at some point…Kelce‘s not getting any younger either.  I think josh has shown that ability to elevate pretty average players and make them look like all pros more so than mahomes has.  Doesn’t mean mahomes can’t do it he just really hasn’t had to.  

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure if I’d rather lose that way or get blown out. 

IMO - If you get blown out .. it would be less painful in the moment , but there would be a longer-term sense of we are so far away. The team needs to win home field advantage as these two teams are so evenly matched.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The salary cap is a myth for good GMs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.