6 tackles

whorlnut

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

That’s what we got from our last 1st round pick, and last two 2nd round picks…COMBINED. 

Don’t anyone talk to me about defense anymore. It’s clear that the best way to win is to load up on offensive weapons and run up the score. Allen and Davis were amazing tonight, but we need a legit RB and some speed at WR. 

well, I will talk to you about defense.  DON'T DRAFT IT.  Bean can't.  Trade the picks, draft OL, WR, RB. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Milano is better. He just is.

Milano is better. He played mediocre tonight but compared to Edmunds over the last 4 years he's fricken  Ray Lewis. Milano is capable of getting sacks, tfl's, pdf's and he actually can tackle someone who's not 10 yards downfield. Edmunds was a young project who never panned out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No argument here Whorl. Rousseau,  AJE, Boogie and Edmunds were terrible tonight. And frankly I think Matt will admit he wasn't on his usual game either. Josh pitches a perfect game in -7 degrees and tonight was just as good. D should be ashamed as the coaches. 

I think I hate this defense.  Like I hate them like an opposing team.  The just suck.  The cockyness of Hyde and Poyer, likely the only two good players consistently in answering sullivan, and then after last week, and then both disappear this week. 

I have a signed Edmunds helmet, paid $55 for it his rookie year.  Should have burned the money.  Will be mailing it to the Bills tomorrow I think with a note, that I can't keep crap like this around, please send me an unsigned one, or signed by Jackson (CB) or Wallace or anyone else on the D.  

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Milano is better. He played mediocre tonight but compared to Edmunds over the last 4 years he's fricken  Ray Lewis. Milano is capable of getting sacks, tfl's, pdf's and he actually can tackle someone who's not 10 yards downfield. Edmunds was a young project who never panned out. 

yep, Milano was off tonight. And Edmunds is a total bust.  You hope if Milano is off the other LB can pick it up.  Klien is better than Edmunds, but our elite coaching staff can't figure that out.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think I hate this defense.  Like I hate them like an opposing team.  The just suck.  The cockyness of Hyde and Poyer, likely the only two good players consistently in answering sullivan, and then after last week, and then both disappear this week. 

Honestly, same.  

The amount of whining about being disrespected, only to completely embarrass yourselves against KC really rubs me the wrong way.  

Oliver is the only guy who can hold his head high after tonight on that side of the ball.  

I’d give them more of a pass if we just loaded up on Offense to the detriment of the Defense, but that’s not the case at all.   Allen had to deal with a porous OL and no running game for the most of this season because of the investment on Defense. 

13 seconds.  13 seconds and we’re the Super Bowl favorites.   And these dudes, along with their fearless leader Leslie Frazier, give it away.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

That’s what we got from our last 1st round pick, and last two 2nd round picks…COMBINED. 

Don’t anyone talk to me about defense anymore. It’s clear that the best way to win is to load up on offensive weapons and run up the score. Allen and Davis were amazing tonight, but we need a legit RB and some speed at WR. 

Sure as long as they can play a 2 way game and sack the QB or stop the run I'm game with that.

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This killed me bro! LMAO

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Some of us have been preaching this FOREVER.

I said it before this game!  You beat a team like KC and Mahomes by out-Mahoming them.

AND WE ALMOST PULLED IT OFF!

You don't "defend" a team of that caliber!  Forget it!

Here I thought the Buccaneers held them to under 20 when they won the superbowl.  And they scored less than we did tonight, 33-31.

6 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm in the same boat as the Edmunds haters, dude has yet to me show up in big situations. With Davis' performance tonight and Knox emerging (albeit he was quiet for him), there's not much we can do on the offensive side of the ball. Now, I do agree with RB, but at the same time, if Daboll leaves, we need someone that understands balance. For all I know, lack of balance costed us a couple of games this year

Passing is correlated to winning football games at 4X compared to running. If anything they ran too much early on in the year. Even with Motor Singletary's emergence the last 6 weeks, he still doesn't have great vision. He missed some big yard opportunities tonight because he missed cut back lanes.

Going into next year, if you go to a more "balanced" offense you're moving backwards. Throw on first down and mix-in runs in second and third and short, other than that, keep the ball in your franchise player's hands. Any OC that suggests otherwise should be laughed out of the interview room. 

Edited by SACTOBILLSFAN

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Absolutely this. I specifically watched Edmunds today, everything you say is correct. He also has no instincts. I watched him multiple times chase people out onto the flat when the developing play made it inconsequential to do so. Plus a lot of the time outside help was already over there in that general area. He makes terrible choices and often times much to slow to process those choices. 

7 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

While I’m inclined to agree. The defense has been very good this year, save for some really bad plays here and there. 

They need a pass rush that gets to the QB. Losing Tre White was HUGE, especially this game. 

KC is a great team. They have an almost indefensible offense, they will make any team look bad. The Rams will have the best shot to get after Mahomes and give him the beating he deserves. That’s how you beat this team, by putting Mahomes on his ass and not giving Kelce and Hill a chance to run wild. Offense can’t stop that. We all saw it. Shoot outs like that come down to missed tackles, weird fumbles, or bad coaching decisions.

That’s what did this team in tonight. 

With 13 seconds and about about 40 to get to FG arrange why you don’t double those two and drop 9 into coverage?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Despite your first request, our problem is the defense. 

Our offense is awesome.

You can't have all pros at every skill position.   How would you sign them?

I agree a dominate rb would help.  But we need a dominate defensive line.  That we do not have.

Screw pressures,.  WE NEED SACKS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.