Just Win a Super Bowl

Milanos Milano

Allen is a great QB, he has great games and has shown a lot of growth. But this weekend is the next step. He has to show he can beat KC in the playoffs and eventually win the AFC championship. He has talent surrounding him, more so than others have in the past (Flacco). 
Everyone is happy we beat BB and that is an accomplishment, but all this doesn’t matter if we don’t win Super Bowls. It’s about consistency and being great enough to win them. 
No more excuses, it’s go time. Let’s go into KC and show them we are the real deal. Otherwise it will be just more of the same. What if this, what if that, does Allen have what it takes? Yada yada yada. Tired of it all, JUST WIN! Let’s go Buffalo!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, teef said:

That would be delightful!

I’m just tired Teef, just tired. How much talent is enough for Allen to win? It starts this weekend, you are being paid the most money in the NFL to bring it all home. Some have done more with less. No more excuses. It’s go time. 

Just now, Warcodered said:

Wait is that what we've been rooting for?

Sometimes I wonder if fans are actually. Some just want entertainment and are just happy the team is still in Buffalo. 

• Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 4

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sometimes I wonder if fans are actually. Some just want entertainment and are just happy the team is still in Buffalo. 

I mean winning a Super Bowl is such a difficult thing, all you can really reasonably ask is for your team to be competitive, to give themselves a shot at it. There are plenty of great teams that didn't make it, you can't get too hung up on it.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’m just tired Teef, just tired. How much talent is enough for Allen to win? It starts this weekend, you are being paid the most money in the NFL to bring it all home. Some have done more with less. No more excuses. It’s go time. 

I’m not sure how much of it is a talent concern.  I think it’s more of a question as to whether or not this will all come together in the next few games.  Limit mistakes, play with consistency, and hope you have some luck on your side.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I don't think this game rests on Allen, I think it is up to the D. Allen is going to show up

It’s a team sport and I get that. But at the end of the day, Allen has to do enough to win a super bowl. We have the #1 D, and by all rights, that’s more than enough to win a super bowl. He cannot have a performance like the Jags game this weekend. His consistency is unacceptable and he has to play good enough to win all the time. 

• Disagree 3

4 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If you are tired, take a break from the sport.

And by the way, Josh Allen is the 18th highest paid player in 2022. And even when his bigger contract kicks in in 2023, he is still only the 6th highest paid player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean winning a Super Bowl is such a difficult thing, all you can really reasonably ask is for your team to be competitive, to give themselves a shot at it. There are plenty of great teams that didn't make it, you can't get too hung up on it.

This is an unacceptable opinion. It’s like Juronism. Football is hard! Winning a Super Bowl is easy if you are an elite QB. Ask Brady. Potential hall of fame QBs find a way, and if Allen truly views himself as elite, he will find a way. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

I’m not sure how much of it is a talent concern.  I think it’s more of a question as to whether or not this will all come together in the next few games.  Limit mistakes, play with consistency, and hope you have some luck on your side.  

Talented people find a way to win. Luck is a crutch. Truly talented people find a way. Josh is truly talented and he needs to just do it. The 90s Bills had all the talent in the world, and they squandered it by not being dedicated enough. Imagine what this team would do with a Bruuuce and a Thomas on this team today. Just win. 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don't cast aspersions on other fans and question "how much of a fan" a person might be because he or she doesn't have the same "nothing at all matters if they don't win a championship" mindset that you have. If you want to have a meltdown if they lose this weekend and dismiss everything they have done up to this point, then have at it. It is your life.

Let the rest of us enjoy our team in the way we want without questioning whether or not we are actual fans. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Don't cast aspersions on other fans and question "how much of a fan" a person might be because he or she doesn't have the same "nothing at all matters if they don't win a championship" mindset that you have. If you want to have a meltdown if they lose this weekend and dismiss everything they have done up to this point, then have at it. It is your life.

Let the rest of us enjoy our team in the way we want without questioning whether or not we are actual fans. 

Sorry, I don’t do participation trophies. 

I feel like we'll have a chance to win a SB for many years now.

But, this could be the best version of the Bills we see under JA. There is no way to really know - but now that the O-line & run game are performing so well, we really have no weaknesses.

Combine that w/ a "middlin'" year for the league in general, where there is no clear favorite - and it feels like we have to take advantage of this opportunity. We can beat any of these teams right now, especially with the way we're playing.  

Personally, I'm ready.  I always said I never wanted to go back until we had a team that I was confident could actually win the thing - and this team can.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.