Jump to content

2022 Offensive Coordinator Search


wakingfane
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Semi-serious: could Josh just call all his own plays? 🤔 At this point I’d trust him as much as Kelly to do so…

You still need a coordinator to design the plays and do all the legwork.

Asst GM Schoen had his 2nd interview with the Giants, in person. It's said that if hired, he wants Dabol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

John DiFilippo and Pat Shurmur are available as QB coaches. McD has a connection to Shurmur. Shurmur was QB coach when the Eagles had McNabb (McD on staff) and DiFillippo was the QB coach back when the Eagles won the Super Bowl and Carson Wentz looked good. I point them out because of the skill set similarities between those QBs and young Joshua. I don't think I want the Bills to hire Jordan Palmer because that would stop his off-season work with 17.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You still need a coordinator to design the plays and do all the legwork.

Asst GM Schoen had his 2nd interview with the Giants, in person. It's said that if hired, he wants Dabol.

Does Daboll take Mitch with him?

5 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Matt Nagy also has a connection to McDermott and was solid as an OC if they want someone with experience.

I was hoping we'd get Nagy when we hired Daboll. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Does Daboll take Mitch with him?

I was hoping we'd get Nagy when we hired Daboll. 

Depends on the contract offered. He's not signing for $2.5 again. Do you give him good money with Jones still on the roster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Screw it, let Josh call the plays....

Unpopular opinion, Jim Kelly calling his own plays wasn't a great thing at the time and would be less so now with the helmet radios that let the OC talk to the QB until 15 seconds are left on the play clock. That's a lot of why so many teams play with tempo now, it's not really subs, it's getting to the line so the person upstairs can help diagnose presnap.

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Depends on the contract offered. He's not signing for $2.5 again.

Why not? Nobody wanted to give him more last year. What has happened to increase his personal value?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Unpopular opinion, Jim Kelly calling his own plays wasn't a great thing at the time and would be less so now with the helmet radios that let the OC talk to the QB until 15 seconds are left on the play clock. That's a lot of why so many teams play with tempo now, it's not really subs, it's getting to the line so the person upstairs can help diagnose presnap.

Why not? Nobody wanted to give him more last year. What has happened to increase his personal value?

He's better than many starters. He deserves more money. I think he came here to recharge and get some good coaching and good atmosphere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

He's better than many starters. He deserves more money. I think he came here to recharge and get some good coaching and good atmosphere.

I dunno how many spots really offer a chance to start. All the new coaches and GMs who need a QB are going to want to draft a guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

 

Zero.  He has been groomed by McDermott to take the Buffalo Bills OC spot.  Why would he pick Tua over Josh?

South Beach is a nice place to live I here.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I dunno how many spots really offer a chance to start. All the new coaches and GMs who need a QB are going to want to draft a guy. 

This isn't a good draft year for QB's. I think just 1 first round projected?  A good number of teams could use a change at QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I agree actually. My first choice would be Ken Dorsey, my second choice would be Chad Hall. I think continuity should be the preference. 

 

Isn't Tierney supposed to be valued highly as well? Perhaps not at the level of a coordinator? I could be mistaken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, stuvian said:

Kliff Kingsbury should be available in about 24 hours


My son sent me this and I didn’t want to start a new thread about it so this is probably the best place to put it:

 

 

536BC94F-E3C0-49F6-A284-AB4E4DF030C1.jpeg

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NickelCity said:

 

Isn't Tierney supposed to be valued highly as well? Perhaps not at the level of a coordinator? I could be mistaken. 

 

I think if Daboll leaves and Dorsey shuffles up one they would promote Shea Tierney from Assistant QB coach to fill the QB coach role.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Doc said:


My son sent me this and I didn’t want to start a new thread about it so this is probably the best place to put it:

 

 

536BC94F-E3C0-49F6-A284-AB4E4DF030C1.jpeg

 

His hiring will baffle my mind forever. He was never qualified to be hired for any NFL HC job.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...