2022 Offensive Coordinator Search

wakingfane

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

McD will not overthink or subject himself to criticism of creating discontinuity by hiring from outside.  Nor will he send the corrosive message to his staff that he doesn't value past contributions.  Dorsey it is.

I read somewhere that Dorsey wants to stay with Daboll & if Daboll gets a HC position he’s taking Ken Dorsey with him as the OC/Asst. HC  

Not so fast! 

I'll believe Daboll is gone when he's gone.

May well happen, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I think he'll stay.

EDIT:  Don't forget, job interviews are a chance for these organizations to bring in a top OC like Daboll, and pick his brain, FOR FREE, asking him how he would do things differently.

I'd have LONG, DELIBERATE interviews with 10 of these guys!

Just for the knowledge/perspective gained.

Doesn't mean you're going to hire them.

Edited by Nextmanup

Dorsey makes the most sense.  He was a pro scout in Carolina before being promoted to QB coach where he made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 years and a SB.  Plus worked with Newton and helped develop him in to a MVP.   He's been working with Allen since 2019 and helped develop him in a MVP caliber player.   Additionally, he was given the added responsibility of passing game coordinator in 2020.  Plus he's played in the league under Erickson and Crennel.  

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

Kliff Kingsbury should be available in about 24 hours

Losing a playoff game shouldn't get a coach fired, IMO.

Rams are a Pro Bowl roster that has been hit or miss all year. When they show up and everything is clicking and good Stafford shows up good luck against them. 

1 minute ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Dorsey makes the most sense.  He was a pro scout in Carolina before being promoted to QB coach where he made the playoffs in 4 out of 5 years and a SB.  Plus worked with Newton and helped develop him in to a MVP.   He's been working with Allen since 2019 and helped develop him in a MVP caliber player.   Additionally, he was given the added responsibility of passing game coordinator in 2020.  Plus he's played in the league under Erickson and Crennel.  

He wasn't the passing game coordinator until this year, and our passing game took a noticeable step back.

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He wasn't the passing game coordinator until this year, and our passing game took a noticeable step back.

I was going by his bio on the team site - not when it was reported.

https://bufbills.com/player-bios/ken_dorsey.pdf

As for step back - yes they took a bit of one but I think that had to do a lot with line play and a lack of a running game for the bulk of the year.

Edited by FlaFitz1

6 hours ago, wakingfane said:

Looks like Daboll will be hired as a head coach in mid February... How do you think we will replace him? I don't think Ken Dorsey should be handed the job without a series of serious interviews with other candidates.  Assuming we are sticking with the Erhardt Perkins system that narrows our options. 

Can we inventory the current E-P offenses in the league? Did Brady bring it to Tampa Bay? Of all the playoff teams, I feel like they most closely resemble our offense. Did New England still run an E-P system this year? It sure didn't look like a very advanced one if so...

Daboll - I dont think a hire is definite to be honest.

Dorsey - Likely move

Joe Brady - would be my choice if going outside the organization.  

Talking with Fans in Mia - When Daboll gets brought up, their answers are SURE IF he is brining Allen and the Bills OL.  Without that I want nothing to do with Daboll.  The perception at least from most fans is Dabolls Success is directly tied to Allen.  And is an outlier for his career.  So they say no thanks.  i know FO are not fans, but giving a perspective of the fan bases he is being tied to.

Example MIA would rather have Frazier if they were to choose between the two Bills Coordinators.  

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

I am of the opinion that Dorsey has been groomed to take over knowing that Dabol will receive intense interest as a HC, especially considering he was promoted to passing game coordinator... with 25% of the league searching for a HC, this will be the year Dabol leaves unfortunately. 

All indications are it will be Dorsey and that is a smart move and planning. 

Succession planning for your Coordinators should be of utmost importance for successful teams. 

WE 👏🏻 CANT 👏🏻 LOSE 👏🏻 DORSEY 👏🏻 

Losing DaBoll (still an overrated OC in my mind) AND Dorsey would be terrible for the offense. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I read somewhere that Dorsey wants to stay with Daboll & if Daboll gets a HC position he’s taking Ken Dorsey with him as the OC/Asst. HC  

I’ve heard Frazier wants him also, doesn’t mean he’d go.

If offered OC here, I think he’d stay with his young elite MVP level QB.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Daboll - I dont think a hire is definite to be honest.

Dorsey - Likely move

Joe Brady - would be my choice if going outside the organization.  

Talking with Fans in Mia - When Daboll gets brought up, their answers are SURE IF he is brining Allen and the Bills OL.  Without that I want nothing to do with Daboll.  The perception at least from most fans is Dabolls Success is directly tied to Allen.  And is an outlier for his career.  So they say no thanks.  i know FO are not fans, but giving a perspective of the fan bases he is being tied to.

Example MIA would rather have Frazier if they were to choose between the two Bills Coordinators.  

While there definitely is some scheme read across from that Payton tree with Joe Brady... it is fundamentally an E-P... after watching is play calling in Carolina the last two years I'm not sure I'd hire him to be a play caller in the NFL. He got fired for a reason. He stunk. 

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Interesting. I am friends with a few Bears fans in different contexts (i.e. they are not all friends with each other) and to a man they all want Daboll as absolutely their #1 choice. 

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not so fast! 

I'll believe Daboll is gone when he's gone.

May well happen, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I think he'll stay.

I mean, to paraphrase that guy on the Progressive commercial, Let's not talk about replacing him until he's actually interviewed for another job!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.