Offensive Line

Buffalo Barbarian

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

What? 

Yes it is… if your ok with Tommy Doyle behind Brown who had his moments of piss poor pass blocking for a team that’s SB favorites… we already saw last season how a ***** offensive line can lead to unforeseen losses.

Do we have to pick one in the first round for you to be comfortable at swing tackle?

That seems insane when we have zero starting caliber CBs to begin the season and a boat load of other needs.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Huh? Dane Jackson started 8 games in 2021… the team as a whole played BETTER with him starting.

What are you talking about? 

I like Dane, but I don’t know he showed enough on film to warrant the Bills passing on a CB prospect for a RT (I’m very aware he only allowed 50%).

At the same time, I’m not sure Spencer Brown showed enough to allow the team to pass on a RT either.

I think Beane loves both players and wouldn’t be totally shocked if neither OT or CB is the first round pick. I strangely suspect it will be a safety and we sign a vet CB to a 1 year deal. 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:42 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Since Ryan Bates has playing guard the Oline has been a revelation. Is not as big of a priority that we thought most of the season?

(Also what's with the Rick Bates story?)

It WAS a big priority. But in signing Rodger Saffold and Greg Mancz and retaining Ryan Bates and Ike Boettger - it's been addressed. The starting Line is set for this season. Though there's a lot of one year deals there, I still don't think you're taking a Lineman in Round 1 or 2. Just mid round developmental guys for the coming seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

I still think a Reilly Reiff type could be had cheap. Can play LT, RT and guard. And I think he would be a positive presence as a vet and chase a ring. 

Depth is a need, but there is a lot of depth in the draft and there are still a bunch of cheap vets out there

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Def need more insurance behind Brown… would love a good first round OT prospect who is capable of playing inside as well.

This is slowly creeping up as a day 2 need for me. OT that can challenge Brown if he doesn't continue to develop well, but also challenge Bates for the same reason.

Are there any vet G's that could be cheaper post draft, or dislodged if another team drafts their replacement. Curious on this

16 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

This is slowly creeping up as a day 2 need for me. OT that can challenge Brown if he doesn't continue to develop well, but also challenge Bates for the same reason.

Are there any vet G's that could be cheaper post draft, or dislodged if another team drafts their replacement. Curious on this

There's also option of maybe bringing back Ty Nsekhe as vet insurance if Kromer thinks he fits as swing tackle in his blocking schemes.  Not sure what other fa still out there for oline.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.