Bills finished 6th in rushing(5th in YPC) and 11th in passing

Big Turk

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Not really with the bad weather games, also compared to the rest of the league b.c you cannot really compare last year. You need to compare to the league this year.

You can keep down voting facts all you want.  Apparently you have some alternative facts you have at your disposal now that the real ones have been posted and they don't side with your theories.

• Haha (+1) 1

Ever since the insertion of Bates into the lineup and the majority of carries going to Motor......the running game has improved quite a bit

We dont need for it to be dominant.....we just need to be able to convert some first downs on the ground and not force Josh Allen to take hits trying to run into the end zone.

Everything else is gravy.

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Why does a rb stuffing the ball between the tackles need to be what our running game looks like is the part I’m hung up on…there’s tons of ways to threaten run…that is just so terribly antiquated and not very successful for teams without an absolute freak of nature at rb

Because in poor sloopy weather power run game is more successful. Because we are an outdoor team in Buffalo, we need to run in bad weather at home. Power run game doesn't require a freak of nature NE was successful for years with guys like Blount doing this. 

Dingleberry has come on recently, he's been solid, but we'll see where it goes on the playoffs.  He's under sized, lacks power, lacks speed.  We need a more athletic/dynamic talent in the backfield.  Moss is an undersized plodder too.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

So much for the people who claim we can't run the ball. Actually finished ahead of the Patriots in both yards and YPC.

The passing game has not been great this year. Chew on that for a few minutes.

third and 3, would you feel good about any run but a qb keeper? 

that answers your question.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t think anybody wants to see Josh run the ball 122 times per year, especially Pegula and Mcdermott.  

This is what people still don't get, if this keeps up Allen's career will be very short.

And McDermott and Beane should understand this first hand since they were in Carolina when Cam Newton was on top of the world winning an MVP and leading a 15-1 team a SB. That was just 6 years ago when Newton was pretty much Allen's age now.

Fast forward to 2022 and Newton is a 32 year old washed up, broken QB if anything because of the beating he took over a 5 or so year period when he looked near invincible with the same style of play.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

third and 3, would you feel good about any run but a qb keeper? 

that answers your question.

How many teams are running the ball on 3rd and 3? Only ones who have garbage QBs.

That answers your question.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

This is what people still don't get, if this keeps up Allen's career will be very short.

And McDermott and Beane should understand this first hand since they were in Carolina when Cam Newton was on top of the world winning an MVP and leading a 15-1 team a SB. That was just 6 years ago when Newton was pretty much Allen's age now.

Fast forward to 2022 and Newton is a 32 year old washed up, broken QB if anything because of the beating he took over a 5 or so year period when he looked near invincible with the same style of play.

Newton took far more hits that Allen does. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t think anybody wants to see Josh run the ball 122 times per year, especially Pegula and Mcdermott.  

I do. It's fun to watch and usually results in high impact plays.

Let Josh be Josh.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Newton took a beating for sure, but his arm is trash because of his multiple shoulder surgeries he has needed. Has nothing to do with running the ball. His shoulder was injured while getting sacked in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Newton took far more hits that Allen does. 

This is a super important point. Allen's outside scrambles on rollouts rarely result in serious hits, although he did get hurt on one. Even his designed runs, he is OK at getting down. I wonder how much Cam was getting sacked and hit outside of QB runs. Those hits in the pocket can really mess you up. The most durable quarterbacks get rid of the ball quickly, preventing hits on passing plays. A lot of the running QBs do not operate quickly.

Josh is getting better, in my opinion, at not holding onto the ball too long. I wonder if the stats bear that out.

58 minutes ago, MJS said:

Newton took a beating for sure, but his arm is trash because of his multiple shoulder surgeries he has needed. Has nothing to do with running the ball. His shoulder was injured while getting sacked in the pocket.

I can't prove his diet hindered his recovery, but I can speculate that it did.

11 doesn't seem right . This why i dont like stats, it doesn't measure the clutch plays Allen makes.

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The issue is we have trouble running the ball in obvious running situations.  Allen's scrambles in passing situations account for the strong rushing numbers.  But that's not a sustainable approach to offense in the playoffs.

Actually its real sustainable in the playoffs, just not good for a long career.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remove Allen rushing stats?

Are we removing Lamar Jacksons for the Ravens?  Kyler Murray for the Cardinals?  Jalen Hurts for the Eagles?

That sucks they get to keep theirs.

It doesn’t fit his trolling narrative to also remove their stats 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.