Bills now sending non-football related direct marketing emails?

sullim4

So this is a first for me - the Bills are sending non-football related ads to our inboxes?  I skimmed the last year or so worth of emails, and each at least related to the team in some way - whether it be something like signed merchandise, a promotion at the team store, ticket sales, etc.  This is just a straight up ad for a sponsor.  It's not a huge deal, but it's enough to get me to unsubscribe from the team's marketing emails.

I'm sure our fearless leader has some opinions on the sponsor...

Untitled.jpg

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If you are that offended by advertising life must be hard for you. 

Who said I was offended?  I thought it was an interesting shift in the team's usage of their email blasts.

Personally I think it'll backfire on them, but if they see it as a potential new stream of revenue, so be it.

• Dislike 2

17 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

So this is a first for me - the Bills are sending non-football related ads to our inboxes?  I skimmed the last year or so worth of emails, and each at least related to the team in some way - whether it be something like signed merchandise, a promotion at the team store, ticket sales, etc.  This is just a straight up ad for a sponsor.  It's not a huge deal, but it's enough to get me to unsubscribe from the team's marketing emails.

I'm sure our fearless leader has some opinions on the sponsor...

Untitled.jpg

They have been sending advertisements for their sponsors for years. You probably didn't notice them.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Who said I was offended?  I thought it was an interesting shift in the team's usage of their email blasts.

Personally I think it'll backfire on them, but if they see it as a potential new stream of revenue, so be it.

You wrote: “but it's enough to get me to unsubscribe from the team's marketing emails”. That sounds like you are offended or upset. What else do you expect from “marketing emails”?  🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They have been sending advertisements for their sponsors for years. You probably didn't notice them.

I am not so sure about this.  For emails that call out sponsors, I see...

- A Labatt's email from December about repping your favorite athlete (so this has some relation to football)

- Get a Micah Hyde Football, sponsored by Northtown Automtive (again, football related)

- An ad about a new Buffalo Bills Perry's Ice Cream flavor

- A bunch of team merchandise ads and ticket ads.

- A Pepsi call-out to Bills Mafia.  This one probably has the least connection to the team, but at least it kinda has a connection.

This is the first one that has near-zero relation to the team, its merchandise, players, etc.  I could definitely be wrong, but it stood out to me.

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

You wrote: “but it's enough to get me to unsubscribe from the team's marketing emails”. That sounds like you are offended or upset. What else do you expect from “marketing emails”?  🤣

I signed up for marketing emails about the team.  Not a lasik company 2500 miles away.  I'm fine with marketing emails as long as it's what I signed up for - this was not.  I also said it wasn't a big deal... just thought it was worth observing.

1 minute ago, sullim4 said:

I am not so sure about this.  For emails that call out sponsors, I see...

- A Labatt's email from December about repping your favorite athlete (so this has some relation to football)

- Get a Micah Hyde Football, sponsored by Northtown Automtive (again, football related)

- An ad about a new Buffalo Bills Perry's Ice Cream flavor

- A bunch of team merchandise ads and ticket ads.

- A Pepsi call-out to Bills Mafia.  This one probably has the least connection to the team, but at least it kinda has a connection.

This is the first one that has near-zero relation to the team, its merchandise, players, etc.  I could definitely be wrong, but it stood out to me.

I signed up for marketing emails about the team.  Not a lasik company 2500 miles away.  I'm fine with marketing emails as long as it's what I signed up for - this was not.  I also said it wasn't a big deal... just thought it was worth observing.

It was a big enough deal to start a thread about it….🤔

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Bills and Atwal Eye Care Host Screening Event

Cornerback Kevon Seymour, who received laser vision correction after he was drafted by the Bills, recently participated in a free children's eye exam event at Atwal Eye Care. 

• He is playing for Ravens now.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bills-and-atwal-eye-care-host-screening-event-19303490

Bills and Atwal Eye Care deliver a special gift to a lucky veteran

Atwal Eye Care provided free Lasik Eye Surgery to Zach McClellan through the Vision for Veterans program

• Zach is wearing a Stars and Stripes #17 Allen jersey

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/bills-and-atwal-eye-care-deliver-a-special-gift-to-a-lucky-veteran

Atwal Eye Care - Orchard Park Location

Located in: Abbott Commerce Center

Address: 3176 Abbott Rd, Orchard Park, NY 14127

Seems as related as other promoted advertisers. 

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

You don't expect them to sell your contact info to sponsors, that's for certain.

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If you read the fine print when you signed up for the mailing list that’s exactly what you did. 

In the initial post he made it sound like they were selling customer contact info to sponsors. I now see in his 3rd post that he admitted to signing up for marketing emails. Nevermind.

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

In the initial post he made it sound like they were selling customer contact info to sponsors. I now see in his 3rd post that he admitted to signing up for marketing emails. Nevermind.

The irony of starting a non-football related thread complaining about non-football related marketing on the football side of the board. 

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You people read e-mails?! I only utilize TikTok as a communication tool these days. Interpretive dance is the way of the future.

Oh no no no no no!

Relax, regarding the spam emails.  There will be a multi million dollar lawsuit brought on behalf of the recipients, and after fees, you'll get a 

image.jpeg.1704e2082ef45a3b7ab799bd2b21843d.jpeg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.